GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE

You actually did the best thing by having a long relationship before applying for your visa. I on the other hand met, fell in love, and then married within a 6 month time-frame, which I now understand is a RED FLAG for GUZ.

I hope that you have kept all of your receipts from your trips to China, and taken plenty of photos of your trips to see your honey. We had all that stuff but still got a Blue because of my wifes english, and also her son (they did not believe he was hers :(

Anyway I wish you the best. Make sure your lady is well prepared before she gets to the interview.

Good luck,

Ning and Jim...

You actually did the best thing by having a long relationship before applying for your visa. I on the other hand met, fell in love, and then married within a 6 month time-frame, which I now understand is a RED FLAG for GUZ.

I hope that you have kept all of your receipts from your trips to China, and taken plenty of photos of your trips to see your honey. We had all that stuff but still got a Blue because of my wifes english, and also her son (they did not believe he was hers :(

Anyway I wish you the best. Make sure your lady is well prepared before she gets to the interview.

Good luck,

Ning and Jim...

Hi nandj,

I doubt it was your 6 months that is the red flag and resulted in a Blue slip because Ling and I married only 7 months after knowing each other.

I would say it was a combination of poor English and them not believing her son was not her's. What ever gave them that idea??

You need to put a timeline up in your signature file and enter your timeline.

Others have gone through a blue slip in GUZ not believing a child is the mothers.Atleast you got a blue rather than white.

Tom and Ling

That will be three of us sitting in the coffee shop together. :(

YiandE is also scheduled for the 23rd.

I have a PM into Henry and Mei to see if they have an interview date yet. Maybe four of us!

;) :drunk:

Awesome that is exciting to hear i will have some company cause i know we will all need all the company we can get right

Good luck,

Ning and Jim...

Yeah i have the tickets hotels itineraries and alot of pics and chat records from yahoo chat from every day just about for a long time and some phone records too ....what do you guys think about wedding invitations we are probably going to plan a wedding for 2 weeks after we get to the states do you think that would be helpful to take or would that be pushing it a little bit has anyone taken them before....

I hope that you have kept all of your receipts from your trips to China, and taken plenty of photos of your trips to see your honey. We had all that stuff but still got a Blue because of my wifes english, and also her son (they did not believe he was hers :)

Good luck,

Ning and Jim...

Hi nandj,

I doubt it was your 6 months that is the red flag and resulted in a Blue slip because Ling and I married only 7 months after knowing each other.

I would say it was a combination of poor English and them not believing her son was not her's. What ever gave them that idea??

You need to put a timeline up in your signature file and enter your timeline.

Others have gone through a blue slip in GUZ not believing a child is the mothers.Atleast you got a blue rather than white.

Tom and Ling

Tom, I agree with you.

Nandj, I would like to know why the VO did not believe her son was hers?

Amanda

In our case we had a combination of things that made that VO suspicious:

Met and married after 6 months.

Married 6 days after first meeting.

big big big age difference. 55 -> 33

The lady that interviewed my wife did not believe anything she said and also did not believe her divorce was real. They also requested contact information for her ex.

We had all of the required documents, pictures, communication records, receipts and they looked at none of those. I think she either got up on the wrong side of the bed, or maybe she had to sleep on the floor that night.

I have no previous marriage, and my I-134 was way excellent :lol: Other than the fact that we were asked to produce all of this extra evidence, we really are clueless to why we were flagged. My wife mailed our documents to GUZ this morning so I hope in a couple of weeks I can be reporting some good news. We are approaching 20 months being apart so I hope their response is quick ( AND PINK )...

If for no other reason I hope that our pain and experience can help others deal with this terrible situation.

Best of luck to everyone here and thanks for the support,

Ning and Jim...

Here is our partial timeline:

(btw) It took a letter to my congressman to get them to approve the initial application. 8 months wasted there)

Met online: 05-15-2007

Officially hooked: 05-16-2007

Flew to Zhanjiang: 11-01-2007

Married: 11-06-2007

I-130's sent: 01-19-2008

NOA for both I-129 and I-130: 11-24-2008

Received P-3 from Guangzhou: ?

P-3 Mailed to Guangzhou: 03-25-2009

P-4 received: 02-24-2009

Interview date: 04-23-2009

Result:( Blue slip

Good luck to us all.......

Although we interview the day before, I plan to be there in the coffee shop to share your joy....

Bill has already sent me the dress code B)

Yay I called the NVC today and found out that an interview date has been scheduled for July 23 at 7:15am this process felt as if it was taking forever but really was pretty fast if you check my timeline ....

Do we have to call to find out the interview date? Does anywhere in package 4 show the interview date?

By the way, my husband just the P4, it seems that he has a hard time to find out the interview date.

Could anyone give a hint?

Thanks!

Guest Pommey

Yay I called the NVC today and found out that an interview date has been scheduled for July 23 at 7:15am this process felt as if it was taking forever but really was pretty fast if you check my timeline ....

Do we have to call to find out the interview date? Does anywhere in package 4 show the interview date?

By the way, my husband just the P4, it seems that he has a hard time to find out the interview date.

Thanks!

p-4 is the interview letter,it will have the date on it for the interview.

In our case we had a combination of things that made that VO suspicious:

Met and married after 6 months.Met and Married Ling after 7 months.

Married 6 days after first meeting.Married Ling 6 days after first meeting.

big big big age difference. 55 -> 33 I still have you beat Ling and my age difference is 25 years.

The lady that interviewed my wife did not believe anything she said and also did not believe her divorce was real. They also requested contact information for her ex.

Hi nandj,

I don't think it was those there things............. :)

It sounds like you gave the answer to your blue slip by poor english, but what the ""The lady that interviewed my wife did not believe anything she said and also did not believe her divorce was real. They also requested contact information for her ex."""

Tom and Ling

Tom I think you are probably right about the English thing; she was also nervous as I would have expected. After she left there with the blue slip my wife was devastated and felt she had let me down. I was unable to get any useful information from her for almost 2 weeks.

One of the additional requests from the consulate was for my wife to decscribe how we communicate. From other letters on CFL it seems that the cases where the English is good seem to fair better and draw less scrutiny. We submitted our additional evidence 2 days ago. I hope we hear something soon.

areynolds I wish you only PINK !!!

Thanks!

p-4 is the interview letter,it will have the date on it for the interview.

But where should I look at? on which paper? Since I don't have the orienginal document with me, I checked the embassy GuangZhou website, in their sample document, I don't the date showing anywhere either.