New Process to Transmit from NVC to GUZ

My file was approved by USCIS on April 9th, sent electronically by NVC on April 14th and file sent to GUZ on April 20th. My financee received a P3 on May 15th. I called the state department they told me that P3 was sent on May 11th and that the process has changed. They are trying to have P3 sent by one month from date electronic file is sent by NVC, they also indicated that they were trying to reduce the normal time for interview of 6-8 weeks after P3 receipt. Based on DHL tracking I believe my hard file is still in customs delay. This process change makes sense since the consulate will have the hard file before interview and there is no apparent reason to have the hard file before sending the P3.

My case is a K1 visa, what about your case, "brli"?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My file was approved by USCIS on April 9th, sent electronically by NVC on April 14th and file sent to GUZ on April 20th. My financee received a P3 on May 15th. I called the state department they told me that P3 was sent on May 11th and that the process has changed. They are trying to have P3 sent by one month from date electronic file is sent by NVC, they also indicated that they were trying to reduce the normal time for interview of 6-8 weeks after P3 receipt. Based on DHL tracking I believe my hard file is still in customs delay. This process change makes sense since the consulate will have the hard file before interview and there is no apparent reason to have the hard file before sending the P3.

My case is a K1 visa, what about your case, "brli"?

Hmm,sounds like some good positive changes are being made.

Yes this is good news for all and verifies what the information posted on the Guangzhou website said.

All cases in the pilot program are now transferred electronically with no need to wait for the DHL mail (didn't DHL get out of business in North America anyway?) through customs.

The only difference for K-1/K-3 vs. CR-1 was that you still would get a P-3 packet mailed to your spouse/SO and had to wait for this before moving forward. Otherwise the system is the same as CR-1.

A great improvement. So maybe the long wait for NOA-1 has helped me avoid the long wait for P3/P4

Yes this is good news for all and verifies what the information posted on the Guangzhou website said.

All cases in the pilot program are now transferred electronically with no need to wait for the DHL mail (didn't DHL get out of business in North America anyway?) through customs.

The only difference for K-1/K-3 vs. CR-1 was that you still would get a P-3 packet mailed to your spouse/SO and had to wait for this before moving forward. Otherwise the system is the same as CR-1.

A great improvement. So maybe the long wait for NOA-1 has helped me avoid the long wait for P3/P4

So is this for all cases? Mine is still a GUZ # so does that mean I am in for a long wait again?

Joe

So is this for all cases? Mine is still a GUZ # so does that mean I am in for a long wait again?

Joe

Yes because your were approved and put into the system before implementation of the electronic processing ... but you should not have long to go

Joe

Joe - it MIGHT be possible for you to get into the electronic side, but doubtful - as NVC keeps the same 'type' , apparently , whilst yer doing NVC processing.

GZO vs GUZ - still a case # for Guangzhou, but GZO means electronic submittal. The notes I read about it mentioned that paper submission would not only slow the process down, but was discouraged.

There's a link round here somewhere, I put it up, covers how to OPT IN for electronic processing at NVC.

HTH !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Posted on Guangzhou website on May 14

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nv..._petitions.html

If CR-1 then all electronic. K-1/K-3 still have to get P3 from consulate but still all electronic....according to the post.

Also they say "Under this program all documents related to your case will be sent to Guangzhou electronically, rather than by mail. This should greatly improve the speed and efficiency of visa processing by avoiding delays due to postal service delivery."

Good stuff. Thanks.

If you are GZO, you are good to go. If you are GUZ, you're in for a long wait.

lets wait to see what the electronic wait will be.

intersting clear discrimination against K visa.

I don't think it is discrimination as much as they are refining the process and bringing it online a little at a time. When I first learned of the electronic processing, it was only open to cases of IR5 type visa, then in a month or so it was opened to CR and all IR Types. It would surely be a disaster if they tried to bring it online all at once. Also, at this time it is only open to visas processed at consulates in Santiago, Chile and Guangzhou, China. Consider us lucky enough to help try something new that should make thing faster.

The more this thread goes on, the more I see the need for it to be re-defined or separated.

Initially, we were talking about the amazing speed of some of the K-1 visas leaving NVC, arriving thru DHL (the hard file) and electronically to GUZ and soon thereafter a P-3 is sent.

I personally, as I am sure the 3 listed above including the one from California K-1 visa petition, did not opt in for the electronic processing. Like the old-timers :P (and I use this word loosely) have said, NVC has been sending petitions electronically for years. Nothing new there.

The issue is are they not waiting for actually receiving the hard copy to send the P-3.

Looking at DHL tracking is hit or miss at best, since we are playing detective and missing a few pieces to the puzzle. But if I did find the right tracking number for my petition, it did clear customs and GUZ has it, not sitting on it and thus sending P3.

I would be more curious to know the weight of the other K-1 petitions that rushed through GUZ. And did your petition fly solo to GUZ?

Or simply times have changed and GUZ realizes that maybe not having the hard file really means nothing, since GUZ knows that they will soon receive the hard copy from NVC and are now feeling nice to us by sending out the P3 much earlier than in the past.

But I personally did not get this from reading the What's New? NVC Pilot program information posted on GUZ's site, but if you are reading between the lines, One could assume this.

So it is either 1) there is a new sheriff in town and pushing out the P3s before the hard copy arrives 2) the petition was not lumped with other petitions and came Solo and was light enough to fly through customs and GUZ or 3) there really is a new process for filing K visas electronically, but I did opt in, see it or receive any emails from NVC or GUZ.

If you read the Pilot program it is specifically aimed at [/b] immediate relatives of US citizens over the age of 21. Basically your IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, CR-2 and IR-5. And if you opt in, you get emails from NVC about the process.

So this thread is mixing two different classes of visa (K types and I types) and to my knowledge Pilot or no Pilot, these classes are still being handled differently.

The issue is are they not waiting for actually receiving the hard copy to send the P-3.

Looking at DHL tracking is hit or miss at best, since we are playing detective and missing a few pieces to the puzzle. But if I did find the right tracking number for my petition, it did clear customs and GUZ has it, not sitting on it and thus sending P3.

I would be more curious to know the weight of the other K-1 petitions that rushed through GUZ. And did your petition fly solo to GUZ?

Or simply times have changed and GUZ realizes that maybe not having the hard file really means nothing, since GUZ knows that they will soon receive the hard copy from NVC and are now feeling nice to us by sending out the P3 much earlier than in the past.

Hi Henry and Mei,

I was told by someone from CFL that if the package from NVC was under 3 lbs. the package would not stay in customs that long.

My package was only 1 lb. and was given to Guz almost immediately.

**See my time line**

I was told that over 3 lbs it would be in customs delay.

Tom and Ling

See Tom that is my thinking.......

This thread was initiated about the OP reading that GUZ had started something new on their website........

Like I commented to him on my thread, I had read this post, but I felt he was missing something........more an exception than bringing to light something new......

I really think it is the weight issue or someone High up at GUZ saying finally let's GET R DONE!!!!

You cannot get this though from reading the GUZ website or Pilot Program........

So IMO the OP started this thread misleading at best.......

IMO, the K-1's are coming across FAST via DHL.

The CR-1 (and associated series) , if arrived at NVC by April 10th, got pegged for 'electronic submission' of original documents.

I still am not certain if the PHYSICAL CASE FILE for an I-130 is being sent electronically from NVC to GUZ or sent via DHL - I'm still watching...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)