rumors about another batch of clearances have been

Talk about out of quarters. I tried to call CA from here in Shenyang. Was on hold for 15 minutes once and my wife hung up on me and scolded me about wasting money if they wouldn't talk to me. Believe me, you don't want to be scolded by your Chinese honey! Next time I got the gal who hangs up. I didn't get any further than saying that I was calling from China and needed to check on the status of my wife's visa application. Click. Another 10 minutes or more call time wasted. (My wife had fallen asleep watching a movie that time so didn't know what I was up to) :D

Talk about out of quarters.  I tried to call CA from here in Shenyang.  Was on hold for 15 minutes once and my wife hung up on me and scolded me about wasting money if they wouldn't talk to me.  Believe me, you don't want to be scolded by your Chinese honey!  Next time I got the gal who hangs up.  I didn't get any further than saying that I was calling from China and needed to check on the status of my wife's visa application.  Click.  Another 10 minutes or more call time wasted.  (My wife had fallen asleep watching a movie that time so didn't know what I was up to)  :D

No, I dont want to be scolded by my Chinese fiancee, hehehehehe

I dont like it from anyone as far as that goes.

Owen, call the numbers provided here, not the 1225 number.

Ask for Katherine Kabral, she is her supervisor.

I did complain about the "hang up queen" again yesterday.

Hi Vince:

Please let us know where the "rumor" (hopefully the truth" come from.

TIA

I spoke with CA again today (not the info line) and I asked about another batch of name clearances being sent to GZ.

NO! no more large batches sent. GZ has not finished the batch it has now.

From now on, they will only be sent to GZ as normal.

Remeber, GZ is working the 5100 into the weekends and some during the regular hours. Everything else is being worked as normal operating proceedure. NOP

But from my calculations this doesnt make much sense.

If in fact they process 20,000 IV in GZ a year (correct me if Im wrong)

from Aug. 1 untill Dec. 1 is 4 months that would be approx. 6,660 IV's backlogged.

If 5,100 were sent to GZ in bulk then about 1,560 are still floating around somewhere.

Hi Vince:

Please let us know where the "rumor" (hopefully the truth" come from.

TIA

I spoke with CA again today (not the info line) and I asked about another batch of name clearances being sent to GZ.

NO! no more large batches sent. GZ has not finished the batch it has now.

From now on, they will only be sent to GZ as normal.

Remeber, GZ is working the 5100 into the weekends and some during the regular hours. Everything else is being worked as normal operating proceedure. NOP

But from my calculations this doesnt make much sense.

If in fact they process 20,000 IV in GZ a year (correct me if Im wrong)

from Aug. 1 untill Dec. 1 is 4 months that would be approx. 6,660 IV's backlogged.

If 5,100 were sent to GZ in bulk then about 1,560 are still floating around somewhere.

thanks for the clarification, Mark.

I think ur calculation is somewhat accurate. Assuming GZ normally interviews 100 applicants, with 90 of them require namecheck (10 are children under 16) and GZ works 20 days per month. Then from August to December, there would be around 9,000 namechecks.

A big batch would have been nice but actually I'd be happier if they've actually worked out an efficient system for the security namechecks, and they are returned as a steady and consistent stream. Hopefully just another part of the process, and not the limiting factor. Just my thoughts.

Thanks,

P.J.

From what the guy told me at the DOS yesterday when i called about Yan,s name check he told me hers was sent to GZ last week with some others altho he did not give an actual number so they sending them now as they finish with them and not holding them for a big batch.

Paul