Significant Differences of Chinese/Western Marriages

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met too many who have the attitude that my wife is in America now she needs to adopt American ways. This is absurd, she is free to choose to adopt what she wants and ignore the rest. I do try to help her understand some of the things she sees and hears, but if she changed who she was because me or someone else said it was required she wouldn't be the same person I married and that would not be a happy life.

Well said!!! I can't wait for my bride to learn her way around freedom. I would prefer she stay distant in her ways. I'm facinated.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a long standing argument...

who is more free on a personal level? American or Chinese?

Quote on that topic from my wife:

"Well... Now I can complain about the government if I want to. But if I don't mow my lawn every week I get a ticket."

That's a classic!!

This is a long standing argument...

who is more free on a personal level? American or Chinese?

Quote on that topic from my wife:

"Well... Now I can complain about the government if I want to. But if I don't mow my lawn every week I get a ticket."

That's very well put minister and funny too. :D However you were free to not have purchased a house in a community that requires you to abide by certain regulation. I could not live in a community like that but I guess that is what some folks want. My son lives in a place that gave him a ticket for having his boat in his driveway just to give it a cleaning. San Antonio Texas.

On the freedom of China V USA I had rather let this sleeping dog lay. It has been kicked to death in the past and no one has changed their mind yet and I don't think will.

Larry

It's been more than a year and a half since my initial post to this thread and I still don't see much of a difference between US women, Chinese women and any of the foreign women I have known well. They all have their quirks; some of the quirks may be strange to someone unfamiliar with the culture; they're all still women with the same essential drives and concerns. One exception: my wife (not necessarily all Chinese women) more clearly communicates her expectations than anyone I've ever known.

. . . it is always great to see posts from men like you and Amafan who have looked inside themselves to understand and will share it.

So Jin, why is it that you doubt that the other men on this forum have not looked inside themselves to understand themselves and share what they have learned?

It seems to me there is more of that on this forum than any other forum I have visited - or any coffeehouse for that matter.

I can only talk for myself, but to marry me (a chinese) means things will change. i keep this simple, yes final decision is husbands as long it agrees. Most important is harmony which means from both.

i will add you must show that your wife is # 1 most important love and that you trust her to be a chinese wife.

what does that mean, it means many things. but most important is to make good family which means you must not think to control is good. a good chinese wife knows what is right for marriage and will fight for it.

can we compromise, yes, but remember at least to me i see it takes time and alot of fun .

Then I am excited about the sucessful marriage my wife and I will have!!!! Thank you for your insight.

• 1 month later...

Hello this is Brian, Thank you for your e-mail, My first question is. Where you peeking through our window when I was in Liuzhou? lol thanks for the great information, I have not had time to visit all of the links as of yet, But I will this weekend while I am off.

I must agree it seems that most if not all chinese women are very strong willed and opionated, But from my personal expierence it seems that all of intentions are very good, They seem to only want to care for your needs, And if you interfear with this natural instinct to care for you, You will receive the WRATH!!!

I am a pretty laid back person, Do not get excited about much, So I just lean back and let her go, MAn she makes me dizzy, Her appartment must be cleaned from top to bottom on a daily basis, And everything in its place, I have attempted to help her do these chores, But it seems I move to slowly or am just plain old in the way, So I reside myself to the couch and wait for this cleaning frenzy to pass.

I will give you some advice too! I have learned one trick to allowing me to cook for her, Beat her to the kitchen. You may have to wake up at 3:00am and curl up on the kitchen floor though, But when she turns on the light, Just say you dropped something and get up and start cooking! lol otherwise the kitchen is her domain, Kind of reminds me of a lioness protecting her den.

Although I must admit I saw wonderful things in china, Ancient history and culture that is mind blowing, Some of the best times we had together were cooking together in the kitchen, She seemed to really appreciate the fact that I was helping her, I found that we had some of our best conversations while stirring a pot of chicken feet! LOL

Thanks for the e-mail, I would like to hear more from you, Brian Smith

• 2 years later...

Girl: Dad, I'm in love with a boy who is far away from me. I am in Singapore and he lives in USA. We met on a dating website, became friends on facebook, had long chats on Whatsapp, he proposed to me on Skype, and now we've had 2 months of relationship through Viber. I need your blessings and good wishes daddy ..................

Dad said: Wow! Really!! then get married on twitter, have fun on tango. Buy your kids on e-bay, send them through Gmail. And if you are fed up with your husband... sell him on amazon...