lets talk and share

Guest jin979

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I practice taiji (tai chi) its philosophical base is Dao, many of the ideals of living in harmony with your fellow man are good concepts. doing the form in tai chi slows you down, one reason because the form is done slow, 20 minutes or more, maybe this is why it is called meditation in motion or also as it is known as "the Great Ultimate". From nothingness, Wu Chi, to motion tai chi brings Yin/Yang.

Edited by HKG (see edit history)

I practice taiji (tai chi) its philosophical base is Dao, many of the ideals of living in harmony with your fellow man are good concepts. doing the form in tai chi slows you down, one reason because the form is done slow, 20 minutes or more, maybe this is why it is called meditation in motion or also as it is known as "the Great Ultimate". From nothingness, Wu Chi, to motion tai chi brings Yin/Yang.

harmony is not just a concept , correct ? meditation is not just a speed , this is maybe a misconception held.

Balance cannont be brought to you by practice of movement but from you to movement no matter the speed of actions and from spirit/mind first.

She's selling books. That's what pretty much all that stuff is about anyway. Seems pretty useless.

all books sell David, all useless ? Marx's, Plato, Pain, Confucius, Jesus (bible), Toplaw, Helen kella, dhala Lama etc ...

but lets concentrate on message not delivery :happybday:

I believe this approach is the best for all

What do you mean, exactly "this approach'? For instance, you believe discovering Buddhism is best for all? Reading books about that lady's life is best for all? Or, specifically, that "... pain can be a great spiritual teacher. "

At any rate, I believe what's best for all is "to each their own way".

harmony is not just a concept , correct ? meditation is not just a speed , this is maybe a misconception held.

Balance cannont be brought to you by practice of movement but from you to movement no matter the speed of actions and from spirit/mind first.

:)

I believe this approach is the best for all

What do you mean, exactly "this approach'? For instance, you believe discovering Buddhism is best for all? Reading books about that lady's life is best for all? Or, specifically, that "... pain can be a great spiritual teacher. "

At any rate, I believe what's best for all is "to each their own way".

Right on! :)

She's selling books. That's what pretty much all that stuff is about anyway. Seems pretty useless.

all books sell David, all useless ? Marx's, Plato, Pain, Confucius, Jesus (bible), Toplaw, Helen kella, dhala Lama etc ...

but lets concentrate on message not delivery :)

I am concentrating on message. By all that stuff I'm referring to religion, faith, spirituality, prayer, meditation etc that's touted on the site you linked to. Anybody out there selling books about this stuff, touting it on websites or television is selling something. Some more blatantly than others.

This woman is no different than the Deepak Chopras and Jim and Tammy Fayes of the world. Trying to pass off useless blathering as the latest,greatest path to enlightenment while picking peoples pockets clean.

Each person has it within themselves to get out of life whatever they want out of it. You don't need to buy someone else's self-help book or read someone else's religious verses or spend a weekend at someone else's spiritual retreat to find it.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

:)

Why the quote? I'm not selling books. btw Taiji (tai chi)or as the Chinese call it "The Great Chaos" is a treasure of China culture.

Edited by HKG (see edit history)

maybe I missed something... in four pages of the article, I didn't find a book title being sold :huh:

If it's all about solving it whatever way we want, then hedonism seems a reasonable choose to pursue. :angel:

based on the negativity of posts, it makes nihilism more appealing :(

-------

There's no debating that of all the eastern philosophies, buddhism has caugth on in the west in a way that daoism (too unstructured), Zen (too detached), Confucianism (too full of quotes), and Hinduism (too esoteric) couldn't... There's good reasons why... not just for it's inherent value but because the west has no philosophy to live by, or should we say no real systematic thought to replace dogma and religion. Being an atheist or agnostic is simply negation of deism; it's still without any meaningful expression.

----

Anyways, I looked into buddhism for a while but found it too structured for me; too much like a religion but that is the very reason it is probably most appealing to the west. (I prefer the detachment of zen or the unstructuredness of daoism much more).

What I do find interesting in the article is that she doesn't need buddhist jargon to make her message come across or to put it into practice. She shows the simplicity and real life aspect of buddhism in real life events...

Tai chi has proved it's value to help a person be more physically and mentally fit just as yoga and many other disciplines. It can be more physically beneficial than a daily workout at the gym.

If you ever get the chance watch a demonstration by a master and you will walk away amazed and wondering if what you saw was real.