Strange Answer from DOS

Hi everyone,

first I would like to say thank you to all the people on this forum, I have learned lots of important stuff from the posts here.

Well, here is my situation, I filed IR5 in March 2008, Case Completed at the NVC at the beginning of September 2008.

I kept calling DOS for current status for the last 4 months.

The week before Chritmas, I have been told that "The case is eligible for interview, but there is no date assigned yet." Then, the same status was told for the past couple weeks, and once a lady told me "They have done everything they need to do at GUZ, now just wait for a Interview Date."

However, beginning with this week, the funny thing starts, Every time I called DOS, the representative kept telling me that "Case is loaded, but GUZ is still waiting for the physical file to arrive.¡°£¿£¿£¿£¿

Anyone has similar experience could tell me what is going on here??

Hi everyone,

first I would like to say thank you to all the people on this forum, I have learned lots of important stuff from the posts here.

Well, here is my situation, I filed IR5 in March 2008, Case Completed at the NVC at the beginning of September 2008.

The week before Chritmas, I have been told that "The case is eligible for interview, but there is no date assigned yet." Then, the same status was told for the past couple weeks, and once a lady told me "They have done everything they need to do at GUZ, now just wait for a Interview Date."

However, beginning with this week, the funny thing starts, Every time I called DOS, the representative kept telling me that "Case is loaded, but GUZ is still waiting for the physical file to arrive.¡°£¿£¿£¿£¿

it is not uncommon to receive conflicting info from dos. perhaps you can ask for a supervisor to get some clarity. good luck!

Hi everyone,

Don't worry about it. You can call again and someone will tell you it is still in custom. I did that and found out if I call three times in a day I can get three different answers.

The physical file is sent from NVC via DHL to GUZ.

It takes about 6 days, but then it is 'stored' in a warehouse, until GUZ is ready to handle the file, with a FIFO 'file inventory' process.

The waiting time , whilst yer file is in storage, is anywhere from 2 to 5 months. All along this 'process, DHS and the FBI are doing namechecks on her, supposedly currently with this wait.

DOS is supposed to have the most current info, but there have been instances (reported here on CFL) where's thats not the case at all.

'Case is loaded, but GUZ is still waiting for the physical file to arrive.' I read that as yer 'next in queue' to have your file removed from file storage, and schlupped over to the IV unit.

Give it a week, there's been 4 holidays since the first o December, you've had at least one week of 'slippage' from date of ship-out from NVC.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Thank you everyone for the great information.

I'm just kinda worried about it, because they told me "it's eligible for interview, but no date yet." and I thought it's getting close, and then they went back to the "waiting for the physical file" era....

I guess it's like everyone said, it's very difficult to predict what's going on at GUZ, and DOS does not really have all the correct information

Guest jin979

It is time to call twice a day. When we were "loaded" I called in the morning, and they said no date yet, and in the afternoon and they said the interview date was assigned 2 days ago, keep trying and "GOOD LUCK", Mike & Yizhen

that happened to us too <_<

It seems that people at DOS can really say whatever they want to say. Even from "Eligible for Interview" back to "Waiting on Physical files", lol...

However, my IR5 case will reach 120 days (from NVC out) after this weekend, and I already contacted GUZ by Email couple days ago, I'll see what they gonna say this time... Probably, pointing finger at the Chinese Custom again... Who knows...

When I called DOS everyday back then, I was told different things all the times. First from waiting for the physical file, to admin processing to waiting for interivew date and back to the first comment again. Just hang in there, and keep calling them. I think if the operator you get is nice enough to look through all the screens, you can get some better accurate answer. For my last call to them, I asked that lady to look further down, because I was sure that GUZ got my physical file, so they s/not be telling me that it is still pending for whatever...

The waiting time , whilst yer file is in storage, is anywhere from 2 to 5 months. All along this 'process, DHS and the FBI are doing namechecks on her, supposedly currently with this wait.

You mean this isn't done before? Seems really weird to do it at this point.

And speaking of name checks . . . i often wonder what the process is for our Chinese girls. I'm certain with 1.4 billion people the names get repeated a lot. Anyone ever think mistaken identity could be a cause for a denial? Or is that a stretch.

Na - I think is a waste of taxpayer money to do a name check if the petition isn't approved at uscis. so for k-1 , it is one of those things where that processing doesn't start until it leaves nvc. I wish I had the real answer, as the 'name check sequence' keeps blurring, for me. I thought it was started when a GUZ casefile number is assigned at NVC, prior to the petition being sent via DHL. But those timeticks are usually a few days apart..