1 question for western men

Guest jin979

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why you make big mess when you cooking .never wash vegetables . so to be honest . i don't like to see husband cook . and i have spoken about this with my cousin . because she also married with western man . then she told me the same thing . so i wonder why is that ?

We have ways of getting around doing things that we don't want to do...lol...lol.. :blink: one of the best ways to get around something is Psychology...lol...lol.. B)

why you make big mess when you cooking .never wash vegetables . so to be honest . i don't like to see husband cook . and i have spoken about this with my cousin . because she also married with western man . then she told me the same thing . so i wonder why is that ?

All of us, with some exception, learned to cook /failed to learn to cook from our mothers.

If you want to overcome this 'motherly imprinting', you must make time and retrain your husband.

Just remember this is one of those FEW and RARE training opportunities where NO MOP SLAP is required, in fact, you can make it a pleasurable learning experience, for the two of you.

Ages past, I learned that cooking, and cooking well, is a big part of Chinese Culture, with 5000 years of timeline for the training in the various regional areas. So I think is possible that you were totally surrounded with exceptional cookers, with exceptional cooking skills. Although Rob's a pom, that doesn't excuse him for not knowing how to cook - it only reinforces his ability to eat bad food (Even Brits have to retrain themselves from eating historically 'bad' Brit food).

I really feel that Rob is retrainable, is solely up to you how to do it.

As to yer 'complaint' - Rob's a special case - he's a POM, and whilst he might know better, he's happy if he gets some canned beans on toast.

I think is time for special Jin Cooking Classes.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Well I wash EVERYTHING and I am a very good cook and a clean one. I clean as I cook.

So I think it is just your man, stand behind him with a mob and when he fails to do something correctly, SMACK him!

He ill get the idea soon enough. B)

I gotta agree with ShadeOgray. I used to be a short order cook many many years ago, and learned the clean as you go thing. If we trashed the kitchen to much the manager and the other cooks would really get on you, so we all learned to keep it spic and span, even in the heat of a big meal time. I guess it got pretty ingrained in me because I can't stand to have a dirty kitchen now. :eatyum:

We wash every vegetable we use, just one look in the water afterwards when the veggies already looked clean to start should be enough to convince anybody. :o Jie is really fanatical about this, I can't disagree with her any.

I think we got a pretty good system worked out in our house. Jie doesn't like western food much, just a few things, so she cooks most meals during the week. On the weekends I cook breakfast for us and sometimes a western dish for supper. I figure she cooked all week, every meal, she even gets up early to make breakfast for me, and pack me a lunch so why not give her a break? Our son's chores include putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher after everymeal, allowances are great insentives. He's 11 so Jin I think you may have to wait a while before the boys are older to help out?

That's just how we do things anyway, everybody seems happy with it, YMMV. B)

Jeff

Jin, I will tell you a closely guarded secret.

In 1775, a group of Patriots in a young America incited support to break away from its mother country. The cover story that was developed and sold to the media and historians was that they were upset about taxation with no representation.

But the truth is that the men in America simply wanted the option to be messy in the kitchen when they cooked. They fought for that right, and cling to it still today.

Now rumor has it that the desire to have this "messy in the kitchen option" extends to Western men from around the world. But your Rob will know more about that than I know. :o :eatyum:

Guest Tony n Terrific

It really depends on the dish you make on how sloppy the kitchen can get. My wife and I help one and other. We tease each other when we are together when we prepare food together. She tells me : No I do go take a shower, go back to bed or go to computer. She is really quick in the kitchen and cleans as she goes.

She is a nurse and she is fanatic on clean surfaces and always washes vegetables before preparing them. I use to sell sanitation products to food processing plants and I know what cleanliness is about in the kitchen and your everyday life.

Why wash frozen veggies? :eatyum: I don't get it. :o

She lets you buy frozen vegetables Charles??? B) B) :bangin:

Sounds like you're in for more training! :whip:

Bob

Actually I cooked all frozen veggies until she got here. Now as ktmracer says, she will not let me in the kitchen. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I think I agree with the psychological premise on this. When you don't really want to do something yourself, do it poorly, so your wife will take over.... :blink: :P

Actually I live alone now, so all the cooking and cleaning I do myself. I keep a clean kitchen and wash all the fruits and vegetables I use. I make juice from fruits and vegetables too, so a quick spray of Apple Cider Vinegar and then a water rinse.

What? :blink: I cook and I wash vegetables..................

I have a faucet that is a bit too long for a slightly narrow sink, so water does tend to go places I don't want it to, but tend to wipe it up after I turn the water off.

I'll agree about the market drenching the sealed skin veggies, so I don't wash them myself. I also don't wash foods that I don't eat the skin of, like oranges.