Still no visa

From 001, the latest news is the girl, who was supposed to get the visa last Friday, was once again turned away by GUZ after more than one hour of waiting, along with some others with the visa pickup notice. They were not even sure tomorrow the visa would be ready. If it is true, this is truly outrageous, to say the least. If after 4 months of “preparation” this is all GUZ can do, what kind of people we are dealing with! They have absolutely no sense of fairness at all.

Here is a call I posted on G7 board earlier:

I wonder if there are courageous lawyers willing to take on DOS in a class action lawsuit, to recover some of the economic damages we suffered. We may never know what is behind the government’s door that delayed the security clearance. What we do know is, many of us are repeatedly lied to by the DOS. If Michael Jackson can be sued for no show, why can’t the government be subject to the same standard? And there is real money at stake: Most, if not all K1 and green card applicants will lose the tax exemption/deduction for the 2002 tax year. Assuming the lawyer gets $1000 tax refund from each family, and if there are 10,000 families from China and Russia affected, we are looking at $10 million! That’s no pocket change even for a high-powered attorney. If we cannot claim the money that’s rightfully ours, at least the lost money could make a splash in the news circle.

From 001, the latest news is the girl, who was supposed to get the visa last Friday, was once again turned away by GUZ after more than one hour of waiting, along with some others with the visa pickup notice. They were not even sure tomorrow the visa would be ready.  If it is true, this is truly outrageous, to say the least.  If after 4 months of “preparation” this is all GUZ can do, what kind of people we are dealing with!  They have absolutely no sense of fairness at all.

I wonder if there are courageous lawyers willing to take on DOS in a class action lawsuit, to recover some of the economic damages we suffered. We may never know what is behind the government’s door that delayed the security clearance. What we do know is, many of us are repeatedly lied to by the DOS. If Michael Jackson can be sued for no show, why can’t the government be subject to the same standard? And there is real money at stake: Most, if not all K1 and green card applicants will lose the tax exemption/deduction for the 2002 tax year. Assuming the lawyer gets $1000 tax refund from each family, and if there are 10,000 families from China and Russia affected, we are looking at $10 million! That’s no pocket change even for a high-powered attorney. If we cannot claim the money that’s rightfully ours, at least the lost money could make a splash in the news circle.

we might have some hope at this web site i heard about on the radio the other day,

Who wants to contact these people?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/

Guest elatedforexhilaration

I just read on the G7 board that someone got their K1 visa today. They dropped off passport on the 11th though. Having my fingers crossed, my fiance' is picking up hers tomorrow. :(

I just read on the G7 board that someone got their K1 visa today.  They dropped off passport on the 11th though.  Having my fingers crossed, my fiance' is picking up hers tomorrow. :)

Let us know how she makes out.. My fiance is coming from Shanghai, to GZ on Saturday, 12/21/02. Hopefully they will have their act somewhat together, and have it ready for her on Saturday, morning..

The news from 001 really scared me. My wife has already flied to GZ and will go to Consulate for submitting her Passport tomorrow morning as indicated in EMS letter.

If GZ doesn't do what they said in EMS letter, my wife will be stuck in GZ Hotel for days.

I hope the news from 001 is not "correct".

BTW, does anyone know who acturally got his/her visa after receving EMS letter?

Hong

Guest Tom & Cristy

Hong, I also share your concerns!

My fiancé got the EMS letter last week 12-DEC, and when to GZ on Monday morning at 7 am. According to her, there are no signs/directions on where to line up (queue), so everyone just queued in the same line (interviewees and others with EMS letters). Some with EMS letters were even told by the guard not to queue that early and come back at 9 am. There’s a lady who was told she can not get in until she paid the full visa application fee (which has increased since she applied and paid full amount at that time). Of course she was not notified of this fee increase. She was told that she can not pay for the difference at the consulate office, and she should go back to the same place where she had paid for. Imagine the frustration. With so much inconsistent or lack of info, my fiancé prefer to stay in line. She got in at 9:20.

Once inside, beware of the guards, they will yell at everyone to form a straight line…as if you’re in the military. Then there's an IV staff (“a young handsome man, but lack compassion and has bad attitude") that service those with EMS. He turned away a couple with some expired certification (don’t know what exactly). This make my fiancé very nervous. Fortunately all her paper works are in order, so he kept her passport and gave her a receipt to come back tomorrow at 4 pm to pick up her visa. Then she just asked a simple question if it’s possible to get it later the same because of her tight flight schedules. A simple no would suffice, but he sarcastically said that she’s not the only one, others have to wait too! My fiancé is so upset and disappointed at their level of service and attitude, but no choice, just have to accept it for now. She has to stay in GZ another day. Speaking for most, we’ve lost so much time and have expended so much $ due to the delays…is it wishful thinking to expect for some courtesy service from GZ consulate (even for some simple consistent instructions of when/where to line up, and tells us (those with EMS letter) how many days it actually takes to issue the visa)?

We’ll have more updates later…

Best wishes to all,

Tom & Cristy

From 001, the latest news is the girl, who was supposed to get the visa last Friday, was once again turned away by GUZ after more than one hour of waiting, along with some others with the visa pickup notice.   They were not even sure tomorrow the visa would be ready.  If it is true, this is truly outrageous, to say the least.  If after 4 months of “preparation” this is all GUZ can do, what kind of people we are dealing with!  They have absolutely no sense of fairness at all.

This is a great idea however, any kind of suit will have to stand against the 9/11 excuse and the US need for additional security. Unfortunately one can not sue for poor or discurteous treatment.

Know one wants to get involved in anything that has to do with the US-INS. And I mean no one....We can send all the letters we want, but until the media takes up this issue and brings it to the forefront we will continue to get no answers, no respect and no help...

Tom, your fiancee's experience seems to be exactly what we should expect from GZ. It matches with when my wife was there.

We arrived quite early and would have been at the front of the line except we stood at what seemed to be the main gate on the south side only to find out only a few minutes before they opened up that everybody was to line up at the unmarked smaller north gate. No signs, no instructions in her letter.

Once at the right line, they would not allow me to wait with her. The woman from inside the consulate insisted that I leave. Once in the same routine of being yelled at to line up and rude behavior from staff checking papers. She did say that once she finally reached the interview that person was nice and coopertive.

Also, warn your gal to not show her papers to anyone while in the line outside without proof they are consulate staff. Before the staff ran me off I had to stop my wife just as she was about to hand her passport to someone. I physically grabbed it and demanded to see their identification. They, in broken English, sayed they worked for the "embassy". When I started trying to get the attention of the guards, he took off in a hurry.

The Judicial Watch people are focused on corruption issues. This is not corruption, just incompetence. You have a point about some real money at issue though. Problem is finding the lawyer willing to try it. Few around I would guess.

Tom & Cristy,

My wife went to GZ earlier morning around 7:30am and was turned off by the guard. She went back again around 9:00am and went to inside of GZ about 9:15am. There are about 100 people waiting in line for submitting their Passports along with EMS letters.

After submitting her Passports and EMS letter, my wife was told to come back to pick up visa 2:00pm next day. She tries to convince GZ to issue visa the same day, but no luck at all.

My wife also mentioned that there are few people in front of her who had interview in August 5th and August 20th.

Waiting for the final moments come tomorrow afternoon.

Any good news for your fiancé Cristy? Does she received the visa already? Please keep us posted. BTW, if she already got the visa, can you tell what else GZ handle over to her besides visa (I heard that will be a big envelope along with the visa)?

Hong

Tom & Cristy,

My wife went to GZ earlier morning around 7:30am and was turned off by the guard. She went back again around 9:00am and went to inside of GZ about 9:15am. There are about 100 people waiting in line for submitting their Passports along with EMS letters.

After submitting her Passports and EMS letter, my wife was told to come back to pick up visa 2:00pm next day. She tries to convince GZ to issue visa the same day, but no luck at all.

My wife also mentioned that there are few people in front of her who had interview in August 5th and August 20th.

Waiting for the final moments come tomorrow afternoon.

Any good news for your fiancé Cristy? Does she received  the visa already? Please keep us posted. BTW, if she already got the visa, can you tell what else GZ handle over to her besides visa (I heard that will be a big envelope along with the visa)?

Hong

Hong,

That is good news. We have not heard of any August interviewees being issued visas until now. Like I said earlier, we on these boards are a small group compared to all receiving visas. :D >Jim

do we know any of these people from august that were there getting visas, and what kind of visas?