I am really sorry to hear that too. but there is one thing i dont understand. How office in the interview judge your relationship is strong or not from your language. how about if you tell them my amercian husband speak Chinese so well and we speak Chinese all the time.

in my interview the office asked me in Chinese and he seems he doesn;t care if i speak English or Chinese at all. and also when i asked if you would like to see our photos or not and he said I dont need to and I trust you. and that is it.

It is really confusing about the way how they say yes or no to you. I wish all of you good luck in the interview and dont be nervious

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... the VO would gave them a blue sheet which lists the reason of decline, look at it and find out the reason.

... the American fiance should enter into consulate and talk to the VO or the Chief directly.

don't worry. 100% cases are approved after American fiance talked to VO or chief in person.

I am very disconcerted by this thread.  It's my worst nightmare. I am particularly concerned about rejection due  to language barrier.  Bing does speak english but not all that well.  we manage to comunicate just fine.  The power of the aducating officer is indeed godlike.  This alone is very frightening.

This thread's original poster mentioned having copies of e-mails, photos, tickets, and phone records. There is something that was not mentioned and that is handwritten letters and greeting cards. These kind of things go a long way to illustrate the affection in a relationship. All couples should have these as part of their items which demonstrate the type of and degree of relationship.

I saved all of Ping's letters and cards she had sent me and sent them back to her in a pack along with the emails I had printed out and my phone records, paying the big price for Global Express Guaranteed at the post office which is then delivered by DHL in China to be sure they would not get lost. The letters were in a nice plastic folder in chronological order AND with the envelope stapled to each one.

The VO who interviewed Ping looked at everything she had, and even asked her if it was I who bought the wedding band she was wearing. You cannot be too well prepared. But a bad haircut is not going to cause these guys to deny the K visa. They are professionals. I later talked on the phone more than once with Ping's VO (Mr. C.H.) and he is a super-nice guy who deserves the confidence that the DoS has placed in him. I cannot speak for all the officers in GZ but there is no evidence that any of them have acted in an arbitrary or power-mad manner. Everyone who has a real relationship should continue to feel confident that their case will be successful. I am sorry for what happened with Don&MuSi but with no information we have no way of knowing what the reason was.

You make a good point about the greeting cards and hand written letters Robert. We took many cards and letters to the interview. I think they, more than anything else, showed the reality and depth of our relationship. The VO, however, never looked at them. In fact, in our case, they didn't look at anything other than two photos. I still firmly believe the applications are pre-screened prior to the interview. Good luck to Don and Musi in their efforts to rectify this sad situation.

Hi,

This is Don & MuSi's friend again. I have spoken with Don a couple of times and this is the story.

MuSi went in for her interview, but the interviewer did not even look at the evidence that was presented for proof of relationship. Like I said in my first message, it had pictures from 5 visits, receipts for hotels, copies of Don's passport for proof of entry into China 5 times, phone records and email records.

Don was downstairs and he said that the interviewer looked out the window and saw him waiting. He feels that the reason the interviewer didn't believe the relationship was because of the age difference. Don is 70 and MuSi is 34. Believe me, Don does not look like or behave as a man of 70. Physically he is 20 years younger. I have known Don for 4 years. He works out at the gym, and participates in extreme sports. He was a champion motorcycle rider for years. Okay, I'm only trying to let you all know. He is a very young 70 year old man. These two have had an ongoing and loving relationship for 2 years. I hear their phone conversations and they are truly in love. Anyhow, without even looking at the evidence presented or even speaking with Don himself, the interviewer declined the visa with the explanation of, "Lack of proof of relationship."

I just got an email from Don today. He has some kind of interview. I don't know if it is with his attorney or the embassy. I just hope things turn out well. He doesn't want to send MuSi and her son back to NanNing. This is a nightmare. He waited so long for this moment to come and now the visa is declined.

My heart is breaking for them. What now?

Dorothy

Hi,

Dorothy, again. I was able to call Don. He and MuSi are staying at the White Swan Hotel. He tells me he has an interview at the Embassy. The person he hired is not an attorney, but a counselor. (He is an American)They have spent the last couple of days working with them on what to do. Don is not leaving the Embassy without speaking to an American supervisor. So far, it is Chinese employees that have been doing the interviewing.

Tell me, what is wrong with this picture?? I find it absurd that it is Chinese employees working at the Embassy who are making these decisions concerning American's and their families. It is an American Embassy, so why aren't the American's making the decisions?

Another problem, the embassy is closing down for 7 days for training beginning on Thursday. So, whatever the outcome from the interview later today, he is going to be on a plane coming home tomorrow. I am hoping that he comes home with MuSi and her son.

Dorothy

it is Chinese employees that have been doing the interviewing.

Tell me, what is wrong with this picture?? I find it absurd that it is Chinese employees working at the Embassy who are making these decisions concerning American's and their families. It is an American Embassy, so why aren't the American's making the decisions?

Dorothy

Well as my experence there are some Chinese employees in the Amercian Embassy. But they only collect files before you have your interview with the Amercian officer. Again how you can tell the chinese officer you saw is not Amercian citizen? only from his chinese blood? When we went to INS here all the officers in that buildings are either Mexcian or Black. So can you say that they are not Amercian or they can't make the decision?