Birth Certificate - White booklet

Guangdong Provincial Foreign Affairs Office

Service Division of Diplomatic Missions

#2 Shamian 3rd Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133, China

Tel: (86-20) 8121-7589; (86-20) 8121-9789

Fax: (86-20) 8121-6029, (86-20) 8121-7763

Working Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm; 2:30pm-5:00pm (Mon.-Fri.)

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/in..._documents.html

i may be wrong but there is a chinese version of the website.

Thanks for the help

Our 'white books' cost about 800 RMB. That was for three of them; birth certificate, death certificate, not married certificate.

Li says the price is different in every city.

The English translation in the 'white books' is done by a government certified translator. It is an 'official' translation.

I have heard that people had to travel to the city of birth in China to get these. But, I don't know if that is accurate.

Guangdong Provincial Foreign Affairs Office

Service Division of Diplomatic Missions

#2 Shamian 3rd Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133, China

Tel: (86-20) 8121-7589; (86-20) 8121-9789

Fax: (86-20) 8121-6029, (86-20) 8121-7763

Working Hours: 8:00am-12:00pm; 2:30pm-5:00pm (Mon.-Fri.)

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/in..._documents.html

i may be wrong but there is a chinese version of the website.

Thanks for the help

here is another site but in chinese, http://www.gd-notary.com

you wife can find the address in GZ from the web site

Edited by george lee (see edit history)

Hi AstronomerDave,

I was worried about the same problem when we applied K1 back in 2007. I was born at home with no birth certificate which was quite common in my generation in China. Well, it turned out to be not a big deal. All I needed to do was to bring my parents marriage certificate and a prove from the county government to the public notary. The public notary notarized the document which was all I need for the interview. So don't panic. If she is unclear about it, ask her to the notary place. The notary person will help her with the info.

Joanna

Hi AstronomerDave,

I was worried about the same problem when we applied K1 back in 2007. I was born at home with no birth certificate which was quite common in my generation in China. Well, it turned out to be not a big deal. All I needed to do was to bring my parents marriage certificate and a prove from the county government to the public notary. The public notary notarized the document which was all I need for the interview. So don't panic. If she is unclear about it, ask her to the notary place. The notary person will help her with the info.

Joanna

she needs to go to her hukou to obtain documents for unmarried papers and household regisrty, PSB for police papers then take them to municiple public notary to make translations and books. I got 4 origanals of each 2000 rmb total.

True! Hukou, her ID and photos(2´çµÄ²ÊÉ«ÕÕƬ£©¡£I had 3 original documents for birth certificate, police record and marriageability for 1000 Yuan! One more copy seems a bit difference. :)

Hi AstronomerDave,

Joanna

she needs to go to her hukou to obtain documents for unmarried papers and household regisrty, PSB for police papers then take them to municiple public notary to make translations and books. I got 4 origanals of each 2000 rmb total.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply stated, you need Notarized Translations of the Original Documents from the "Gong Zeng Chu" of her Hokou. Each document is a separate booklet. We got 2 copies of each, Birth, Marriage, and Divorce for $330 rmb in Liuzhou, Guangxi, but I am not sure that is the normal fee. Yizhen's brother is a very important businessman, and he may use this facility often. We arrived in the morning, went shopping, and returned in the afternoon to pick-up the "white books". We just had our new "Police Certificate" done from the USA (Nov. 08), it was $150 rmb because Yizhen was not there in person. It cost more to send them express (12 days) to the USA. You will want 2 copies of these, because you must give one copy to the medical people who seal them in with your medical results for the interview. You can make your own photo copies for submitting the petition/s. Mike and Yizhen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the help I received.

My fiancee was finally able to get the White book for me, and I received it last week. It took some doing, and I was a little perturbed when FedEx delivered it to my neighbor instead of myself.

Hope the information here is of some benefit for anyone else trying to do the same.

Thanks.

One step down, a gazillion more steps to go!!!!

I think you need to fire your law firm and take control of this petition yourself. They obviously didn't explain things to you very well. No one cares more about your petition than you do. All the information you need is here on CFL.

Here is a link to a filled out sample form of the I-129F.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf

You will also need to fill out the G-325A which she will have to sign.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A.pdf

If your lawyer was worth a damn he would have told you to have her sign a few copies while you were in China. There is also a space where you need to put her name in Chinese characters. This is not a signature so you can cut and paste this.

Although the notatorial translated birth certificate isn't required at this point I would include a photo copy. If either of you have been married before you will need copies of your divorce decrees. Like all Chinese documents hers will need to be a notatorial translation. Here is a link to the USCIS website instructions for the I-129F

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

You will also need statements from both of you that you agree to marry withing 90 days of her entering the US.

As others have said birth certificates and divorce decrees don't expire. The police check and the single certificate is only good for a year. I would wait until she gets her P-3 to get those.

This is a long process. Concentrate on filing the I-129F and

G-325A for now. You will have plenty of time to study and learn the next steps afterward. Expect it to take a year and hope for 10 months. If possible make at least one more trip to China to visit her before the interview and again for her interview.

Good luck

Carl

• 2 weeks later...