Starting to get worried

Hi all,

I applied in June the conformation of the receipt of our package (June 13th) and received info from Vermont NOA1. It's been over 4 months.

I check the website weekly but no change, not seeing any info on NOA2.

Is this timeline out of line? Should I be worried and what can I do?

Thanks,

Haoran

Edited by HaoRan (see edit history)
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I applied in June the conformation of the receipt of our package (June 13th) and received info from Vermont NOA1. It's been over 4 months.

I check the website weekly but no change, not seeing any info on NOA2.

Is this timeline out of line? Should I be worried and what can I do?

Thanks,

Haoran

We got (CR1+CR2) NOA1 on July 29 from Vermont.

No change or no info on NOA2 either.

Don't start panicing just yet, USCIS service centers can take upward of 6 months or more to process I-130.

VSC shows oldest I-130s being looked at were filed last Feb.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 February 26, 2008
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

AND CSC simply shows "6 months"

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 6 Months
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

Don't bother calling USCIS either, they will refer to the above chart and tell you to call 30 days after the filing date has passed the max processing time shown, to see about the hold-up.

Don't bother calling USCIS either, they will refer to the above chart and tell you to call 30 days after the filing date has passed the max processing time shown, to see about the hold-up.

dnoblett, I really don't understand what the chart header (processing timeframe) means when they post a date:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 February 26, 2008

What does this mean (Processing Timeframe)?

Also, how do you know what the Max Processing Time date is?

Thanks for the help,

Haoran

dnoblett, I really don't understand what the chart header (processing timeframe) means when they post a date:

What does this mean (Processing Timeframe)?

Also, how do you know what the Max Processing Time date is?

Thanks for the help,

Haoran

Processing Timeframe means the maximum time that USCIS may take to process the petition, if you are inside the timeframe, don't bother calling them they will simply tell you to wait until you are outside the timeframe, if you are outside the timeframe (6 months or so) then call them.

It has to do with the date you filed the I-130, for example if you filed it to VSC last January or CSC more than 7 months ago, then it would be time to call USCIS to ask what is up.

I'm sorry for being stupid here but the Timeframe Date listed is:

February 26, 2008 (for the I-130).

I filed on June 13th, 2008.

I still don't know if I'm inside or outside the timeframe. How do I tell?

I also still don't know how to calculate the Max Processing Time Date. How can I find that date?

Thanks again,

Haoran

Processing Timeframe means the maximum time that USCIS may take to process the petition, if you are inside the timeframe, don't bother calling them they will simply tell you to wait until you are outside the timeframe, if you are outside the timeframe (6 months or so) then call them.

It has to do with the date you filed the I-130, for example if you filed it to VSC last January or CSC more than 7 months ago, then it would be time to call USCIS to ask what is up.

I also still don't know how to calculate the Max Processing Time Date. How can I find that date?

Since it is Nov... you are "inside" as of now.. meaning, you filed about 5 months ago. Dan said, once you are more than 7 months, then it is time to call USCIS.

Since They show Feb processing... that means they are working on petitions filed in Feb :P

Which might imply 4 more months to get to yours.. but I don't think it's exactly linear.. more like quantum leaps in dates... ok.. maybe a nano leap in dates...

You cannot do anything to change the processing time... I would agree that you should wait at least 2 more months before considering to doing anything, but then check the processing dates at that time too...

Thanks again,

Haoran

You are still inside the timeframe because your petition is newer than the oldest petitions being handled at VSC.

Monitor VSC processing page it is updated monthly, when the processing date becomes past your filing date, then you will be outside the timeframe, for example, when VSC processing page indicates oldest cases are from "July 2008" THEN you will be outside the timeframe.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

ok, so Timeframe Date = "Working on applications that were processed on this date"?

wow... thanks for the replies guys, sorry it takes so much to explain this.

they could just give the header a name like:

Processing Date, with an explaination above.

Processing Date = Apps received by this date.

Oh, the stress, the stress...

:stupid: :angry: :P :unsure:

ok, so Timeframe Date = "Working on applications that were processed on this date"?

wow... thanks for the replies guys, sorry it takes so much to explain this.

they could just give the header a name like:

Processing Date, with an explaination above.

Processing Date = Apps received by this date.

Oh, the stress, the stress...

:lol: :lol: :ok: :rolleyes:

This isn't stress yet...... :Dah:

or so I've heard since I haven't filed yet........

Hi HaoRan,

I received my NOA1 (for CR-1) on May 7, 2008 (also at VSC) and have not yet received my NOA2. I'm rapidly approaching 6 months. Like you, I was also beginning to be concerned... and also had a difficult time understanding the "processing timeframe" chart. Thanks to those who cleared this up. For what it's worth, as recently as a week ago, they were processing November 2007 petitions, so it appears that it can suddenly jump ahead a couple of months. It now reads February 2008, so there's hope.

Hi HaoRan,

I received my NOA1 (for CR-1) on May 7, 2008 (also at VSC) and have not yet received my NOA2. I'm rapidly approaching 6 months. Like you, I was also beginning to be concerned... and also had a difficult time understanding the "processing timeframe" chart. Thanks to those who cleared this up. For what it's worth, as recently as a week ago, they were processing November 2007 petitions, so it appears that it can suddenly jump ahead a couple of months. It now reads February 2008, so there's hope.

Thanks Shadowman, that give me some perspective and hope. Here's hoping they contact you soon.

Haoran

This is what I got from uscis.gov website:

Service Center Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: August 31, 2008. The "Processing Timeframe for I-130 is Feb 26, 2008

Am I correct, the "Processing Timeframe" is a date where most cases are processed/completed/finished. The "Processing Timeframe" date is Feb 26. If your date ( receipt ) is before the "Processing Timeframe" like Jan 30, 2008, and no NOA2, then you should call and fine out why/what is the problem.

Or the "Processing Timeframe" is, if your case/application is BEFORE Feb 26, 2008, is being looked/processed now. They have just started to process, if your case is BEFORE Feb 26. If it's after Feb 26, most like nobody has touch you file. It can be 7-8 months waiting for cases for Sep/Oct.

For California, it says 6 months for I-130. In other words, does it mean it can take up to 6 months to process but can be less depending on your case. The average for the last 2 years was about 3-4 months for the NOA2.

I'm a little confused.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)