This maybe silly

If this is all I have to worry about I got it made.

I have seen others post here about toilet paper. Do I really need to pack some up? Also I can't fold clothes to save my a$$, do I need to pack some hangers. My shirts will already look like I sleep in them when I get there. The truth is if I pack any more United is going to tear me a new one. :worthy:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it depends where you'll be going to pack terlet paper.

i would hope your hotel has a sitdown toilet with paper.. :worthy:

I was not sure if other members here was just kidding around about this or not.

Well still packing up here departing in the morning.

I have seen others post here about toilet paper. Do I really need to pack some up? Also I can't fold clothes to save my a$$, do I need to pack some hangers. My shirts will already look like I sleep in them when I get there. The truth is if I pack any more United is going to tear me a new one. :D

I would pack some form of paper. I didn't know about this and when I was over there got caught with my pants down once. The paper was outside the toilet. Luckily noone else was in the restroom while I was in there.

I have seen others post here about toilet paper. Do I really need to pack some up? Also I can't fold clothes to save my a$$, do I need to pack some hangers. My shirts will already look like I sleep in them when I get there. The truth is if I pack any more United is going to tear me a new one. :D

I would pack some form of paper. I didn't know about this and when I was over there got caught with my pants down once. The paper was outside the toilet. Luckily noone else was in the restroom while I was in there.

Yes - public restrooms will almost never have any toilet paper

Hey Mark,

In my many trips to China I've never seen a hotel that didn't have toilet paper or hangers ... and I've even stayed in some of the local Chinese hotels. :P Sometimes you'll have to ask for more as some places will give you a partial role because many folks will walk off with the toilet paper when they check out! ... a hot commodity :lol:

If you're out on the street and use a public restroom or in some small restaurants you may find yourself in a position where there's no toilet paper. :D If you want you can buy it there in the stores so I wouldn't bother carrying any with you. There is a Wal-Mart and a Jusco in Shenzhen were you can buy almost anything you'll need, even some American products ... I'm sure your gal knows where they are.

I like Randy's idea a lot, can get you through until you find the Wal-Mart :lol:

Don't be surprised when your gal whips out toilet paper or tissues in a restaurant :D many restaurants don't have napkins so this is a common sight. In most of the hotels you'll find napkins in their restaurants but out on the street it's another story :bleh:

I'll often iron and neatly fold shirts but no matter how carefully I pack them they always look a little ... well ... packed. :rolleyes: Most hotels have a laundry service and can get you taken care of there. If your gal washes some clothes for you expect it to be stiff when you get it back, very few people have clothes dryers and everything is hung to dry and ends up stiff.

Talking about this makes me jealous that you're leaving tomorrow ... I'm leaving for Shenzhen a week from today :plane:

See you there! :ok:

Bob

Hey Mark,

In my many trips to China I've never seen a hotel that didn't have toilet paper or hangers ... and I've even stayed in some of the local Chinese hotels. :P Sometimes you'll have to ask for more as some places will give you a partial role because many folks will walk off with the toilet paper when they check out! ... a hot commodity :lol:

If you're out on the street and use a public restroom or in some small restaurants you may find yourself in a position where there's no toilet paper. :D If you want you can buy it there in the stores so I wouldn't bother carrying any with you. There is a Wal-Mart and a Jusco in Shenzhen were you can buy almost anything you'll need, even some American products ... I'm sure your gal knows where they are.

I like Randy's idea a lot, can get you through until you find the Wal-Mart :lol:

Don't be surprised when your gal whips out toilet paper or tissues in a restaurant :D many restaurants don't have napkins so this is a common sight. In most of the hotels you'll find napkins in their restaurants but out on the street it's another story :bleh:

I'll often iron and neatly fold shirts but no matter how carefully I pack them they always look a little ... well ... packed. :rolleyes: Most hotels have a laundry service and can get you taken care of there. If your gal washes some clothes for you expect it to be stiff when you get it back, very few people have clothes dryers and everything is hung to dry and ends up stiff.

Talking about this makes me jealous that you're leaving tomorrow ... I'm leaving for Shenzhen a week from today :plane:

See you there! :ok:

Bob

Thanks for the heads up. I know it is a silly subject but, I have never been to Chinertucky.

Not much time here going to unpack the hangers and only carry a small amount of terlet paper.

God I am excited!!!

I'll try to check back in if I can.

Hey Mark,

Don't be surprised when your gal whips out toilet paper or tissues in a restaurant :P many restaurants don't have napkins so this is a common sight. In most of the hotels you'll find napkins in their restaurants but out on the street it's another story :bleh:

See you there! :D

Bob

Just in case I am taking the Sear's Catalog with me. :ok:

Just in case I am taking the Sear's Catalog with me. :huh:

Pack as light as possible. Cloths can and probably will be washed, even if when your not looking. They hang cloths to dry, at least up North, so plenty of ways to hang.

I have watched wife and daughter fold and smooth cloths on a bed by to push the air out and make it very smooth. It takes only a little practice.

I took too many cloths and went light the last time. Probably you will want the space to bring some things back. Or take one bag and buy one there to fill up for the return, or to bring some of her things back with you ;) .

I like the paper over there. Very strong and springy.

Plan to shower every night before bed, whether they do or not. Don't lay on anyones bed with cloths on. Cloths are dirty from wearing outside all day, in their opinion. Conservation is beyond what you can imagine. But don't worry about any of this. If she doesn't help you through it kindly then just go walk around and find one that will :lol: :P :P sorry about that :lol:

Guest ShaQuaNew

It's not so much that you need toilet paper, just be sure to pack nose-plugs to overcome the sanitary bathroom deficiencies. No worry about toilet paper, just practice squatting for awhile so you can learn how to take a crap without sitting down...

:huh:

---

Oh, and remember, every bathroom counter has about six inches of water and other fun stuff on top of it. You might try avoiding contact.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Just in case I am taking the Sear's Catalog with me. :lol:

Hey, there's a good approach! :roller:

I all time carry paper for us. :)

Yes Jin, but for what purpose ... to use in the bathroom or at the dinner table? :lol: ... or maybe both? :D

My sweet Haiqing does the same thing ... we always carry a bag of some sort with essential supplies ... bottled water, couple of cold red cans of tea, munchies and toilet paper or tissues. :unsure: ... and don't forget the umbrella :lol:

It's not so much that you need toilet paper, just be sure to pack nose-plugs to overcome the sanitary bathroom deficiencies. No worry about toilet paper, just practice squatting for awhile so you can learn how to take a crap without sitting down...

:roller:

---

Oh, and remember, every bathroom counter has about six inches of water and other fun stuff on top of it. You might try avoiding contact.

Hey ShaQuaNew, it's not enough to just be able to squat ... you have to be able to squat, keep your balance and do your business all at the same time if you expect to use the bathroom on a moving train! :unsure: ... no sitting required or available!