Ex-Spouse Info

It seems that one of the first topics brought up at the interview is any former marriages terminating properly and the timing of meeting the current wife.

I have worked with half a dozen world-class smart-asses for over 17 years. After my former filed for divorce everyone left me alone during the process. As is the case, the truth came out immediately after the divorce was final and the ex promptly remarried. It was game on with the colleagues.

The ex always had a flair for the dramatic, so their wedding photo in the local paper was no excception. They were dressed in some Southern plantation getup and the picture definitely made you look. The e-mails from my friends started the next day. All had a scan of the annoucement with varying comments.

I now have proof of her remarriage prior to meeting lao po. Do I clean one up and submit it at the interview, or just supply the necessary information?

It seems that one of the first topics brought up at the interview is any former marriages terminating properly and the timing of meeting the current wife.

I have worked with half a dozen world-class smart-asses for over 17 years. After my former filed for divorce everyone left me alone during the process. As is the case, the truth came out immediately after the divorce was final and the ex promptly remarried. It was game on with the colleagues.

The ex always had a flair for the dramatic, so their wedding photo in the local paper was no excception. They were dressed in some Southern plantation getup and the picture definitely made you look. The e-mails from my friends started the next day. All had a scan of the annoucement with varying comments.

I now have proof of her remarriage prior to meeting lao po. Do I clean one up and submit it at the interview, or just supply the necessary information?

Keep it in your kitchen sink - it's most likely that no one is interested.

Your ex is not a good topic to bring up if no one asks.

This may be true now. My wife was not asked any question about either of our former marriages at any stage of her interview.

Now, I've joined that elite group of nay-sayers "Nope, it didn't happen to me!" That's better than 5,000 posts.

Luckily I have or had decent relationship with my exwife after the divorce. I had her draft me a letter and had it notarized. It basically read as follows:

To whom it may concern,

My ex husband and I have no intention of reconciliation, We have been seperated since Jan. 2006 and finally divorced in March 2008.

she included her phone number , and address which of course is different from mine.

I know not everyone has this option.

My fiancee has her interview in 10 days , when the VO asks about my ex , she will hand over the letter.

Seems Guangzhou dwells too much on exwifes and exhusbands. I know this will be the most concern during my fiancees interview

hope this helps.

Keep it in your kitchen sink - it's most likely that no one is interested.

Your ex is not a good topic to bring up if no one asks.

ditto. just make sure she knows when and why you got divorced and where your ex lives. good luck!

• 8 months later...

The form given by the consulate ask for submission of the ex-spouses information, and then some.

It says,

Please provide the Social Security number, English name, Chinese name (if applicable), telephone number, and current address of the following persons:

What is one suppose to do if they can not aquire this info.? That's an intimidating letter to say the least!

Dear CFL

Additional documents requested at an interview vary by case, because each case is unique. 'Letter To K1/K2 Applicants' offers guidelines on what additional information is often requested and what applicant should have prepared to submit.

The purpose of a visa interview is to determine:

1. That the applicant is documentarily qualified (that is, have the medical exams, birth certificates, marriage certificates, financial documents, and all other required documents been provided in accordance with U.S. law?)

2. That there is a legal basis for immigration (that is, is the basis for immigration valid?)

3. That there are no ineligibilities (that is, does the applicant possess any of the characteristics that Congress has determined makes one inadmissible to the United States?)

The documents requested at interview are used by the Consulate to answer these three questions.

Sincerely,

USCONGUZ

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...2_applicant.pdf

The form given by the consulate ask for submission of the ex-spouses information, and then some.

It says,

Please provide the Social Security number, English name, Chinese name (if applicable), telephone number, and current address of the following persons:

What is one suppose to do if they can not aquire this info.? That's an intimidating letter to say the least!

The information being asked for in the P4 letter from the consulate is for the applicant's ex-spouse(s), not the ex-spouse(s) of the petitoner.

The P4 Letter is to the applicant and it states the following for K-1:

"If you were married previously, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number."

For K-3 & CR-1 it states:

"If this is not your first marriage, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number."

No where does it say to submit the information for the petitoner's ex-spouse(s). Of course it is a good idea to provide this information to your SO if you are divorced just in case it is asked for but do not submit it unless it is.

It says,

The information being asked for in the P4 letter from the consulate is for the applicant's ex-spouse(s), not the ex-spouse(s) of the petitoner.

"If you were married previously, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number."

"If this is not your first marriage, please bring in documents containing the following information for your interview: your ex-spouse¡¯s name, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), last known address and telephone number."

No where does it say to submit the information for the petitoner's ex-spouse(s). Of course it is a good idea to provide this information to your SO if you are divorced just in case it is asked for but do not submit it unless it is.

Exactly .. glad you cleared that up. They may or may not want to know if your spouse knows about any of your ex-marriages. However they certainly want to know about your spouses ex-marriages because this is one of the frauds they look for ... chinese spouse who is really still married to "ex" chinese spouse or intends to be with once they get to USA .. hence they ask for the information at P4.

It says,

I was thinking this was about a visa denial and what the consulate can demand as far as ex-spouse's info., along with other info.

I see now it pertains to info. before the interview.

http://www.arctec.com/blog/CaseHistory3PUBLIC.pdf

The PDF is where I got my info. from. This file pertains to a denial in Guangzhou.

Look at page 16 of 26 at the letter. it's a bit scarey looking.

Guest Pommey

umm... thinking you should have put all your previous divorces in your original application/filing.

Then take the originals and copies to GUZ with you for ACH +ACS and the interview.

we preloaded no questions at GUZ.

make sure your fiancee/wife has the answers to any question asked. petitioners responsibility

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)