Why did you decide to marry outside your culture?

Guest Mike and Lily

I had no intention of meeting and marrying a Chinese woman or any other woman for that matter. It was a cold, snowy day just before Christmas and I was wasting time on the internet checking out hot girls! I was looking at pictures on Friend Finder and noticed that there was an Asian Friend Finder. I've always been attracted to Asian women so I decided to check out hot chicks on that site. I came across Hong's picture and was instantly attracted to her. She had this fantastic smile that lite up her face and I found myself joining the site so that I could send her an email to say hello. We've either written, talked or spent each day together every day since that first one.

Its a pretty weird way to meet the love of your life and you can believe me when I say that no one is more surprised than I am. I guess you just never know what path life is going to lead you down next!

Most of us met our match by random coincidence. IMO asian women have more of an attitude of both of us are a team of one. American women seem to be out for themselves. I don't mean to denigrate American women, it's just been my experience.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dennis, are you trying to get Randy to say more than his usual? :)

Sorry Randy. I couldn't resist. (or is there something I missed in another thread?)

Geese Dennis at the time I had had it with American women. I saw something over there that grabbed me so deep, on those 2 business trips I took. So when the ol lady left, I turned to China.

I will add that I have learned to appreciate Americna women more since being married to this one. Thats another story. :D

So Dennis, are you trying to get Randy to say more than his usual? :)

Sorry Randy. I couldn't resist. (or is there something I missed in another thread?)

Geese Dennis at the time I had had it with American women. I saw something over there that grabbed me so deep, on those 2 business trips I took. So when the ol lady left, I turned to China.

I will add that I have learned to appreciate Americna women more since being married to this one. Thats another story. :D

OK, I'll fess up. This is a re-post of a topic that I made back in 2005. I thought for sure Randy'd post the link. Now, I kind of wish he would, as back then we had more interesting debates, ah, discussions. :)

Guest Tony n Terrific

Be careful what you wish for, eh Doug? :P

The difference between heaven and hell on earth is:

Heaven :D is having a Japanese wife, A Chinese cook, A British Country Estate and an American Salary.

Hell :) is having a Japanese house, A Chinese Salary, A British cook and an American wife.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

So Dennis, are you trying to get Randy to say more than his usual? :D

I will add that I have learned to appreciate Americna women more since being married to this one. Thats another story. :)

OK, I'll fess up. This is a re-post of a topic that I made back in 2005. I thought for sure Randy'd post the link. Now, I kind of wish he would, as back then we had more interesting debates, ah, discussions. :D

Did you mean this one (it's close)?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=163579

My first wife was from the U.S. and she was asian, we are still friends to this day,we just grew apart, we were to young, my second wife was of my race and we have two children together but My son lives with me and my daughter has started her own family with a good man, now my soon to be Lao Po is some one I get along with very well, we often say the same thing at the same time or finish each others sentances, its wierd, but I like it.

I have always been interested with asian women and have only dated one who was not asian ( My second wife ), so it was only natureal to me.

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is a good question Dennis, as it provokes to dig a little deeper than the surface to answer. Honestly, it's hard to say exactly what prompted me to begin searching outside the US, but in looking back I guess I was getting a little bored with what I was living and experiencing. Phrases like: "If you get doing what you're doing, you're going keep getting what you're getting" were active in my mind. I knew I wanted change, but didn't really have great expectations as to what change would bring.

In my case, it was a good thing. Somehow, I found new energy to travel and seek new things and experiences. It's been invigorating and renewing. It may not be for everyone, but it was right for me.

This is a good question Dennis, as it provokes to dig a little deeper than the surface to answer. Honestly, it's hard to say exactly what prompted me to begin searching outside the US, but in looking back I guess I was getting a little bored with what I was living and experiencing. Phrases like: "If you get doing what you're doing, you're going keep getting what you're getting" were active in my mind. I knew I wanted change, but didn't really have great expectations as to what change would bring.

In my case, it was a good thing. Somehow, I found new energy to travel and seek new things and experiences. It's been invigorating and renewing. It may not be for everyone, but it was right for me.

And the change that you have made has got to be the epitome of what any (or many of us) would dream of choosing to endeavor. I just hope that your energy to travel and seek new things and experiences never wanes.

I sometimes wonder if I were in your shoes...

You travel a road that few have chosen. Some of us follow that beat of a that different drummer in life. And, some of us don't...

Always wishing happy trails to you, Jesse.

Please refrain from American woman bashing. We not only have American woman members married to Chinese men but don't forget they are also your mothers, sisters, daughters, neices and cousins.

Hey Dennis I recall all of that back then. I was going to mention Carl posting his bashing warning just to see he already did it again :unsure: Carl here had to post this quite a few times :ph34r:

Sorry to pick on you Carl. Honestly I would then and now bash my daughter and Mom if I saw them act the way I have had wives and step daughters act, or anyone else that is spoiled, including my own spoled American ass :ph34r: .