Citizenship Week

C4Racer

The booklet they gave her was for new test. It had a insert with questiond from old test.

Guess we better start getting busy. Her appointment is Jan 13 at 1pm.

I scanned the booklet for the old test and the audio CD into my computer. Do you want a copy?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The booklet they gave her was for new test. It had a insert with questiond from old test.

Guess we better start getting busy. Her appointment is Jan 13 at 1pm.

I scanned the booklet for the old test and the audio CD into my computer. Do you want a copy?

I just asked Lisa and she said, Yes.

The CD will be good for the car.

• 1 month later...

My wife received her appointment letter the day after Christmas. Her appointment is for February 2nd at 1:00. They didn't ask her to bring any documents so the initial filing documents must have been sufficent? She has been listening to the CD Carl gave her that has helped a lot, do you know if that CD covers all the possible questions? She is reading and spelling at least 75 sentances, I am reviewing the N-400 with her so she fully understands it and the documents she will take to the interview. When you pass the interview how long before the oath and being able to get a U.S.Passport? we would like to go to China in April and my wife was hoping to have it by then if everything goes well. Otherwise could she still use her Chinese passport even if she became a citizen? without taking the oath or having a passport?

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

I don't understand that. I thought that everyone got a N-659 Naturalization Interview Document check list. Even the appointment letter tells of documents to bring. The N-659 just elaborates a little more. Maybe they forgot to put it in the envelope. I would be careful. I can scan the N-659 and send it to you, just to be on the safe side, if you want.

The USCIS website says they can pretty much ask anything they want. They aren't locked into a script. I haven't heard of them asking anything that isn't in the study guides though. As far as the swearing in ceremony it varies from office to office. Here in Portland they have them 4 days a week so as long as the interview is in the morning you can have the ceremony the same day. We went to the post office the next day and applied for the passport. Check the website of your area's office. It may have some information.

I don't understand that. I thought that everyone got a N-659 Naturalization Interview Document check list. Even the appointment letter tells of documents to bring. The N-659 just elaborates a little more. Maybe they forgot to put it in the envelope. I would be careful. I can scan the N-659 and send it to you, just to be on the safe side, if you want.

Hi Mike I don't remember the form number they sent us. It tells when and where our appointment is, what to bring as far as documents but it seems to be a standard single page letter, it was a notice. I'll check it out this evening when I get home from work.

Hi Mike I don't remember the form number they sent us. It tells when and where our appointment is, what to bring as far as documents but it seems to be a standard single page letter, it was a notice. I'll check it out this evening when I get home from work.

All my wife received was her I-797C, Notice of Action, Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview. No N-659.

It does state on the front You MUST BRING the following to the interview:

This Letter.

Your Alien Registration Card

Your passport and/any other document you used in conection with any entries into the U.S.

If applying for Naturalization as a spouse of the United States Citizen;

Your marriage certificate

Your spouses birth certificate

And it mentions to bring original documents associated with the N-400 application.