Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I almost could not sleep well last night (I was so excited)after my husband told me that he would return China for me in November! My family and I are looking forward to meeting him in person again! He will have 3 weeks leave to stay with me and still meet me at Beijing Capital Airport where we met in May.

To have a good plan for traveling is a wise idea. Could you offer any suggestions about where we will travel in November? I know on November 13 when he arrived in Beijing will be the time of getting cold. We will have about 10 days to travel before we go to my hometown-Harbin.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Amanda from China

Hmmm I arrive in the same place on the 14th, ting and I found a good cheap hotel. You can ask her for the details, message me if your interested. I used www.travelocity.com think the final damage was around 1100.00 from Florida, depending on where he lives maybe cheaper for him. noticed if you leave and return on a Wednesday it's cheaper. Here is the hotel info if you want to call them. Not sure on your financial freedom but mine is tight.

Hotel name:Beijing Qinglian furun hotel

Tel:010-83529929

Address:Guang'an men nei dajie #16,Xuanwu district,Beijing.China

I called and was told there is internet access.

I almost could not sleep well last night (I was so excited)after my husband told me that he would return China for me in November! My family and I are looking forward to meeting him in person again! He will have 3 weeks leave to stay with me and still meet me at Beijing Capital Airport where we met in May.

To have a good plan for traveling is a wise idea. Could you offer any suggestions about where we will travel in November? I know on November 13 when he arrived in Beijing will be the time of getting cold. We will have about 10 days to travel before we go to my hometown-Harbin.

Amanda from China

Hmmm I arrive in the same place on the 14th, ting and I found a good cheap hotel. You can ask her for the details, message me if your interested. I used www.travelocity.com think the final damage was around 1100.00 from Florida, depending on where he lives maybe cheaper for him. noticed if you leave and return on a Wednesday it's cheaper. Here is the hotel info if you want to call them. Not sure on your financial freedom but mine is tight.

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess you might be on the same flight with my husband, Richard. He will arrive on November 14th(Chinese time). His name on CFL is usaRichard. I hope you both can be good friends. He is from Florida too.

Amanda from China

Lijiang in Yunnan Province was the most beautiful part of China I experienced.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3782/dsc4445qy6.jpg

I'd have to gently disagree. I'd day the most beautiful part is wearing a hat in that pic. :blink:

Dave, you are the most charming CFL member. And, as usual, I agree.

Amanda from China

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess you might be on the same flight with my husband, Richard. He will arrive on November 14th(Chinese time). His name on CFL is usaRichard. I hope you both can be good friends. He is from Florida too.

Amanda from China

nope he is down south a little more than I am, I sent him my flight info and my womans number so when in Beijing feel free to call Ting and me, maybe we can hit a restaurant or something. At the very least will make a good photo opp for CFL posting.

Lijiang in Yunnan Province was the most beautiful part of China I experienced.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3782/dsc4445qy6.jpg

Yes and we see why :)

Which brings up a good point. For the OP: Just his being with you is enough. You don't need to go anywhere. Personally I preffered the daily life over all the tourist places. Typical shops off the main road where you get the best deals, as needed, etc, etc. Just have folks take lots of pictures of the two of you together if at any famous places. Gotta work for the interview, unfortunatly. :lol:

2nd thought.

Amanda why not go to the coastal city of Tianjin, eat some crab, take the old overnight ship to Dalian in a room for just the 2 of you, visit Dalian for awhile with the things by the water to do, eat more crab, and then trains back through Shenyang, or go just the reverse of this like we did. I loved the boat ride except my wife got a dang room we had to share with 2 engineers. :lol: (She won't do that again). Or just turn around and come back on the same boat. Sort of like a mini-cruise. Take your own food aboard ship and trains. Point is on a ship you can get a private room and the train you can't.