Basketball game: USA VS China

Guest WenDylan

I think Bush will be preoccupied with other more time deserving sports. :lol:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/NinjaMD/bush_games_2.jpg

(I know I post this photo twice, but it is really fun! The only thing that could complete this photo of my amazing Texan president, is to replace that boring water with a good ol' tall boy.)

OK - I was able to watch it. I am very sad - the tv announcers not do good play by play. I will have to get recording of just the video, and mix it in with a radio broadcast.

Amanda - so sorry the China team lost - but hey - USA has better basketball team..

OK - I was able to watch it. I am very sad - the tv announcers not do good play by play. I will have to get recording of just the video, and mix it in with a radio broadcast.

Amanda - so sorry the China team lost - but hey - USA has better basketball team..

Yes, my wife was not happy... she said they had 2 nba players... I said yes, but all of the USA's team are NBA players... The good part was we were watching the same thing at the same time.

I guess team USA will be tested when they play Spain in the future, but no one should beat this team.

The whole reason I gave up on the Olympics, was the US Basketball team.

NBA Professionals playing against amateurs from around the world. :thank_you_so_much:

So much for the 'no professional athletes' rule. :lol:

1988 was the last "amateurs" only Olympics. Since then it's been whoever a country wants to play. Before that the US played against many teams whose players were basically state funded.

But I agree with you Smitty. It seemed more interesting when it was our real amateurs against their fauz ones.

NBA Professionals playing against amateurs from around the world. :angry:

So much for the 'no professional athletes' rule. :P

1988 was the last "amateurs" only Olympics. Since then it's been whoever a country wants to play. Before that the US played against many teams whose players were basically state funded.

But I agree with you Smitty. It seemed more interesting when it was our real amateurs against their fauz ones.

That's what I thought also, guess I am about 10 years behind....

Richard

Stop kidding yourselves. There are but just a few if any amateurs in the Olympic games anymore. All of those elite enough to be at the peak of their game are loaded with at least endorsements. As far as BB players, it ain't just the NBA. International leagues are paying big bucks and international players have caught (sort of) the US players in ability. Dreaming of the good ole days of amateur players is just silly. Even back then, there were those Russian, East German, Cuban...professionals. :angry:

NBA Professionals playing against amateurs from around the world. :angry:

So much for the 'no professional athletes' rule. :P

The honest truth is that the US was the only country that had a truly amature team (all college players). Most other countries at the time had a "National Team" that had played together for in some cases for years. I know the Soviet team were all officers in the Soviet military and I am sure many other countries had similar instances. Which was true of many other teams fielded in many other sports.

After years of paying lip service to the 'amateur' label the IOC finally admitted that it should be best athletes, no matter their status.