DISH NETWORK HELL!

This actually started three years ago! After reading about the "Great Wall Package" from Candle I requested they install it at my home right after Hurricane Katrina when things were a mess.

After five missed appointments of me waiting at home for their incompetent employees because each time they tell me they don't have the great wall package equipment. These young criminals show up at my house like four of them! They finally show up and tell me they don't have the equiptment they need for the great wall package. "So why did you show up?" Well they tell me they are dropping off the receivers and stuff to me because they don't get paid for being at my house unless I mail the equipment back myself. I can't believe this and ask to speak to their manager who they call and agrees with them!

I say I'm not signing anything and the manager says to leave everything on my porch and leave.

Three years later I say to myself that it was just because of the hurricane recovery and now they are normal. Nicola's grandparents are visiting and I try again. Seven appointments so far! SEVEN! Each and everytime I call the day before......all customer service goes to some outside country where they don't speak english and if they understand you they can't help because they refuse to call dispatch to make sure they will come on time and say I'm sure they will be there. When its close to time they say its just a little late and I should wait. Three hours later they tell me that the techs do not get off until all the work orders are done.....30 mins later a call to reschedule because they don't have the part!

The instalation can be a New Orleans thing but customer service in another country that doesn't undestand you shows they are not worried about their customers. I know everyone said its a great channel line up but after 15 total times and three years I can't believe its a coincidence. I would rather pay ten times more for competance. Anyone know another company that is equal to the selection? I hate DISH!

Once they refer you to your local service outlet, you can deal with those guys yourself. If they're incompetent, try finding another one in the phonebook. There are several here in the Houston area. I've been happy with the service I've gotten from them, although the Dish billing tried to bill me three times for one installation. When I called to get it corrected, they gave me credit for one of the three installations. They figured I should be happy with the one credit.

Anyway, they have switched over from the old Super Dish setup to the Dish 1000+, and also use different satellites. They have different satellites serving different parts of the country. For the south, the Great Wall package comes from the 118.5 satellite, which is polarized to separate it from the 119 satellite. They use a specialized LNB to pick up both.

Never had a problem with getting quick service in the 3 years we've had it... :D

I hope it gets better once it gets installed. Maybe I will have a different number to call for customer service once its installed and it doesn't go international. From what everyone on Candle says they are normal but I've hard the worst problems across the board with them! If it wasn't for my wife's grandparents I would cancel the mess all together but it will make them happy and I want to get it for them. I wouldn't put up with this for me. They told me that its VERY rare equipment for the great wall package and that's why they keep cancelling HAHA What in the world.

Once they refer you to your local service outlet, you can deal with those guys yourself. If they're incompetent, try finding another one in the phonebook. There are several here in the Houston area. I've been happy with the service I've gotten from them, although the Dish billing tried to bill me three times for one installation. When I called to get it corrected, they gave me credit for one of the three installations. They figured I should be happy with the one credit.

Anyway, they have switched over from the old Super Dish setup to the Dish 1000+, and also use different satellites. They have different satellites serving different parts of the country. For the south, the Great Wall package comes from the 118.5 satellite, which is polarized to separate it from the 119 satellite. They use a specialized LNB to pick up both.

I'm not lying I just had a customer come in and I was complaining about Dish Network and she said her service went out all the time and they wouldn't help her at all. She would go days without service and they said in her contract it states in bad weather there in nothing you can do about it. I'm sure its cause its in Florida but if you have regular cable instead of this weird company it wouldn't happen like this. Good luck to anyone that would use this insane company for cable service! If my wife's grandparents wouldn't benifit from it I wouldn't for a second keep trying

Never had a problem with getting quick service in the 3 years we've had it... :D

I hope it gets better once it gets installed. Maybe I will have a different number to call for customer service once its installed and it doesn't go international. From what everyone on Candle says they are normal but I've hard the worst problems across the board with them! If it wasn't for my wife's grandparents I would cancel the mess all together but it will make them happy and I want to get it for them. I wouldn't put up with this for me. They told me that its VERY rare equipment for the great wall package and that's why they keep cancelling HAHA What in the world.

A year or so ago I bought wifey a new HD monster size TV. I already had Dish network so I called them to upgrade my package and bring me an HD receiver. They made an appointment kinda-between 12:00 and 5:00.-No show? I called and bitched and bitched and bitched and finally talked to a supervisor who said they would be at my home first thing in the AM. He tried to tell me that they had no way to call me?? BULLSHIT--they are a communications company-they all have company cell phones and are in contact with their office etc...Once again no show and me with a year left on my original contract-Soo half day on the phone and finally I talked to someone who gave a rat's ass. I cancelled my contract with NO PENALTY and did not have to pay my final months bill- Should I decide to ever go back to them I will receive one years service for free and something else that I forgot-to compensate me for taking time off work for a no-show(ok, Lied to them about missing work so what).. I called Comcast that afternoon and had their service the next morning with NO CONTRACT!!!

Making an appointment with a five hour window is bad enough but making one and not showing, with no call or anything, is unforgiveable! As for the great wall package--I got the Kylink thingy that Dan talked bout last year. A zillion Chinese channels and cheaper that the great wall!!

It pains me to have to point this out but it would seem that the difference lies in getting any kind of service work done properly in the north vs the south... :)

Kaylin has a lot of asian channels but seems to lack some of the best Chinese channels... :(

Never had a problem with getting quick service in the 3 years we've had it... :jerry:

A year or so ago I bought wifey a new HD monster size TV. I already had Dish network so I called them to upgrade my package and bring me an HD receiver. They made an appointment kinda-between 12:00 and 5:00.-No show? I called and bitched and bitched and bitched and finally talked to a supervisor who said they would be at my home first thing in the AM. He tried to tell me that they had no way to call me?? BULLSHIT--they are a communications company-they all have company cell phones and are in contact with their office etc...Once again no show and me with a year left on my original contract-Soo half day on the phone and finally I talked to someone who gave a rat's ass. I cancelled my contract with NO PENALTY and did not have to pay my final months bill- Should I decide to ever go back to them I will receive one years service for free and something else that I forgot-to compensate me for taking time off work for a no-show(ok, Lied to them about missing work so what).. I called Comcast that afternoon and had their service the next morning with NO CONTRACT!!!

Making an appointment with a five hour window is bad enough but making one and not showing, with no call or anything, is unforgiveable! As for the great wall package--I got the Kylink thingy that Dan talked bout last year. A zillion Chinese channels and cheaper that the great wall!!

May I ask a question? What is kylink and Where can I get it?

Sam, sounds like normal DISH service to me.

We gave it try (no-not the GW package) a few years back and I've never had a more disgusting service in my life. Every month a new charge would show on the bill. I'd call and 'get it taken care of' only to find something added on my next bill. I finally got so tired of it and the endless amounts of time on the phone with them I had it pulled. They DID stick me for the balance of the contract but I was back on Comcast cable the next day...no muss, no fuss.

If someone really wanted satellite service, I'd send them to Direct-TV. DISH sucks.

I have Directv, it is very good and have had it for a few years now. The problem that I am having now is, I have an older package and as of August 25, 2008 they will stop showing CCTV9. My wife and I were watching CCTV9 the other day when on the bottom of the screen it was saying that effective 08/25/08 CCTV9 will not be available. So I called Directv only to find out that as of that day they will start new packages. We will need to choose a new package to pick up CCTV9 again. Directv is sending out all the info on the new packages, I just need to pick a package. It will probably cost me more money. :jerry:

get cable and a connection from your computer to to the TV, no problems can get everything from china. :)

Do you mean Cable TV or get A cable and run it from my computer to the TV? I had Comcast cable before and it was bad! The truth is I would never go back to Cable tv. I do love my Directv. :)

get cable and a connection from your computer to to the TV, no problems can get everything from china. :)

Do you mean Cable TV or get A cable and run it from my computer to the TV? I had Comcast cable before and it was bad! The truth is I would never go back to Cable tv. I do love my Directv. :)

It comes through your computer-you can either have a cable from your computer or use a wireless router and the signal goes to a box on the TV. Here is the link. http://www.kylintv.com/index.asp

We have it and it works fine.