Lao Po & Daughter's 10 Year Green Card

July 17: Mailed 1 I-751 with 3 checks (good idea Trigg!) 1 for application fee and 2 for each AOS fee; listed minor daughter on the application

July 24: Checks cleared

July 26: I 797 Received

Aug 8: ASC Appointment Notice Received I-797 for lao po. One to lao po, one c/o me for lao po. Child received Receipt I-797 of $80 for Biometrics, no appointment.

Aug 26: Appointment for Lao po.

Aug 27: Appointment for daughter Where DO we get these people in USCIS anyway????

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 17: Mailed 1 I-751 with 3 checks (good idea Trigg!) 1 for application fee and 2 for each AOS fee; listed minor daughter on the application

Wow we're 3 days ahead of you Bob... :D Race you to the finish line... :blink:

Wow we're 3 days ahead of you Bob... :worthy: Race you to the finish line... :D

You're On!!!

Wake me when someone gets there. :mbounce:

Wow we're 3 days ahead of you Bob... :worthy: Race you to the finish line... :D

You're On!!!

Wake me when someone gets there. :mbounce:

Okay we both got off on Friday so...

BIOMETRICS HERE WE COME... :worthy:

We made the application for lao po; daughter came in with her the same day. Now lao po is upset because only 1 letter (with her as the petitioner?) came and not one for the daughter. I ask "why you want to spend more money????!!" we don't need to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

Aug 8: ASC Appointment Notice Received I-797 for lao po. One to lao po, one c/o me for lao po. Child received Receipt I-797 of $80 for Biometrics, no appointment.

Update.

Congratulations & good luck!!

Aug 27: Appointment for daughter Where DO we get these people in USCIS anyway???? :ph34r:

Ok Roger... when's your Biometrics?

• 2 weeks later...

Aug 27: Appointment for daughter Where DO we get these people in USCIS anyway????

Got both of their biometrics done yesterday. Hardly any people there and they took the daughter a day ahead of schedule with no problems after a 5 minute wait (once we filled out a form).

Just a note. The outside of this place is a dump. It's in the middle of an old run-down Mexican shopper center and the the only signage reads "Application Center". Hardly matches up to the new embassy in Beijing. :ph34r:

So now we ??? .... Wait????

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

Got both of their biometrics done yesterday. Hardly any people there and they took the daughter a day ahead of schedule with no problems after a 5 minute wait (once we filled out a form).

Just a note. The outside of this place is a dump. It's in the middle of an old run-down Mexican shopper center and the the only signage reads "Application Center". Hardly matches up to the new embassy in Beijing. :D

Did ours August 8 Bob...Hey we're winning... :lol:

Just a note. The outside of this place is a dump. It's in the middle of an old run-down Mexican shopper center and the the only signage reads "Application Center". Hardly matches up to the new embassy in Beijing. :ph34r:

Did ours August 8 Bob...Hey we're winning... <_<

But I betcha our place was more of a dump than yours!

Did ours August 8 Bob...Hey we're winning... :ok:

No Bob...that would have been like taking candy from a baby... :lol:

Just a note. The outside of this place is a dump. It's in the middle of an old run-down Mexican shopper center and the the only signage reads "Application Center". Hardly matches up to the new embassy in Beijing. :D

Did ours August 8 Bob...Hey we're winning... :lol:

No Bob...that would have been like taking candy from a baby... :baby:

Huh! Is that a challenge old buddy? Well let's get those photos this weekend and post'em, ok?

We made the application for lao po; daughter came in with her the same day. Now lao po is upset because only 1 letter (with her as the petitioner?) came and not one for the daughter. I ask "why you want to spend more money????!!" we don't need to spend.

Hey Bob: Wow . .your already getting the 10 year green card. Your wife arrived 5 days after my Lin (seems like just yesterday when we were freaking out waiting for the interview results :ph34r: ) ..

Well anyway I can't race with you and Rogar we just got the 2 year greencard. But this is good, now I can bug you with questions about what I need to do when our time comes :surprise:

Hey Bob: Wow . .your already getting the 10 year green card. Your wife arrived 5 days after my Lin (seems like just yesterday when we were freaking out waiting for the interview results :roller: ) ..

Well anyway I can't race with you and Rogar we just got the 2 year greencard. But this is good, now I can bug you with questions about what I need to do when our time comes :roller:

Hey there stranger! Yes, those days are hard to remember now. :rolleyes: