You Sir, Are an Idiot and a Moron...

It has always interests me why those who post comments as the one above seem to harbor some resentment to this site when others (like me) do not... :head scratchin':

It's just your 6th post and you've been a member since 10/1/06? Dern, somethin' must have got yer goat quick and early. Was it Roger?

Gee Dennis143, I thought you'd know a secret identity when you see one! :oneeye:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the board and why people do not post is that many of you, including mods, cannot HANDLE THE TRUTH! Perhaps that is why there are so many guests and not many members logged in and posting. Some people are tired of red neck stupidity and us foreingers do not understand satire or bad English.

This is me showing that self-discipline I spoke of. :oneeye:

It has always interests me why those who post comments as the one above seem to harbor some resentment to this site when others (like me) do not... :head scratchin':

It's just your 6th post and you've been a member since 10/1/06? Dern, somethin' must have got yer goat quick and early. Was it Roger?

Gee Dennis143, I thought you'd know a secret identity when you see one! :oneeye:

Well, I did wonder. And, I took the bait. That's not fair. I want to play the troll game too. :)

Guest Mike and Lily

The problem with the board and why people do not post is that many of you, including mods, cannot HANDLE THE TRUTH! Perhaps that is why there are so many guests and not many members logged in and posting. Some people are tired of red neck stupidity and us foreingers do not understand satire or bad English.

What I really hate is when those rednecks stoop so low as to engage in name calling! :)

What I really hate is when those rednecks stoop so low as to engage in name calling! :)

Oh come on Mike your looking a little red around the neck in your picture..... or is that the heat your feeling from having a love one close to you when it was taken.....

folks just because you marry some one from china do's not make china perfect.

IMHO From what I have encountered in my limited time here at CFL, is that nobody thinks China is perfect, nor am I, We, Us.

I don't know why you would think that, every one here has an interest in China and look apon the Chinese favorably, I have yet to hear that China is perfect, there is more news about China here than anywhere else, I would wager.

It is too bad you feel this way. :)

IMHO From what I have encountered in my limited time here at CFL, is that nobody thinks China is perfect

Unfortunately, some seem to be of the opinion that you should just think about it's imperfection, not talk about it. :)

IMHO From what I have encountered in my limited time here at CFL, is that nobody thinks China is perfect

Unfortunately, some seem to be of the opinion that you should just think about it's imperfection, not talk about it. :)

So it would seem.

I do not feel this way myself. but if you read back on posts by others you will see a large nunber that feel they should retire to china and because they have married a chinese partner in life that everything has to change to chinese thinking . some of it is good I will say that some of it is right in that thinking.

When my wife and I frist got together I wanted to learn chinese so she would be more relaxed here. But she told me if we ever move to china she will teach me but we live in the usa.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Unfortunately, some seem to be of the opinion that you should just think about it's imperfection, not talk about it. :(

Hey Dave, go ahead, say something good about China; I dare you!

:o :P :lol: :o :blink:

Unfortunately, some seem to be of the opinion that you should just think about it's imperfection, not talk about it. :(

Said plenty of good things about China and will continue to. Feel free to look them up. ;)

I do not want everyone to think I am down on china . I am not to be truthful there are so many good things that I do not know where to start . I love my family very much and have no regrets about the chocies I have made I stand 100% with them and my family. But to be truthful I get a little sad when I read where everyone thinks that the only way to think is the chinese way? As I have said there is much good to thinking that way and my family has mleted together over time. But I read post where others have said we need to change everything so it is like they are still in china ? In case's like mine and others here are famileys are not in china they are in the u.s.a and life has to change to that it is not fair to are partners to protect them and keep ever thing as it was in china for them.

What happens if there is a death and they have to take the lead they need to know what to do.

I do not feel this way myself. but if you read back on posts by others you will see a large nunber that feel they should retire to china and because they have married a chinese partner in life that everything has to change to chinese thinking . some of it is good I will say that some of it is right in that thinking.

When my wife and I frist got together I wanted to learn chinese so she would be more relaxed here. But she told me if we ever move to china she will teach me but we live in the usa.

Fair enough.

Personally, I feel that it is a give and take thing, every relationship is different, some require the USC to become more "Asian" and some require the SO to become more "Western" . It is really about what you will do to make things work.

Some of the Chinese way's of thinking would be a good thing IMO

Guest ShaQuaNew

Said plenty of good things about China and will continue to. Feel free to look them up. ;)

You're quite fortunate to have found someone that cares about you here Dave. Life here in China is just not for everyone. And while I've only been living and working here a short time, I've met several challenges that make me wonder just what the hell I was thinking. Still, I find that seeking the positive side of China helps me make it through from one day to the next. I do my best to walk past the restaurant businesses near my home that sweep their stinky garbage and waste into the street everyday. I think my gag reflexes are getting stronger though.

As for the air, well, anyone that's been here knows that they have a problem. Thank goodness for windy days as it seems to make it a bit cleaner. Now, as for buying products like DVD players, TVs, toaster ovens, etc., one would expect that when you buy it, take it home and plug it in, that it will work as advertised. Truth is, things are just not as well-inspected here as those in the US. So, it may or may not work at all.

Is it all rosey? Hell no. Not even close. It's well-known that China has issues. It's always been my contention that the people of China make up for the differences that we westerners have come to expect in day to day life. It ain't easy over here, but for sure, one can't make it in life focusing on things that will just not change. In the US, if you don't like the store, you just drive to another. Here in China, you're pretty much stuck with what's there in your neighborhood, so you either learn to deal with it, or leave.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)