Bus Explosions

Apparently 2 bus explosions in Kunming today with 2 dead and a few more in critical condition according to yahoo news.

I hope everyone in the CFL family is safe and that the injured will recover fully.

Very sad and needless to say a bit coincidental? Just My opinion and nothing more

Not trying to start any political rants and or tirades, I read it on Yahoo this AM. I wonder what the fallout will be? There are already "whisperings" of Tibet natives, insurgent factions, dissociated unemployed Chinese citizens, etc, etc. I sure that rumors are abounding by the score.

One thing I'm sure of, is that the PRC won't take this laying down! They are probably already shaking the rug to see what falls out of it. The London Tube (subway for the non-Continental readers) bombings took place back in 2004, when I was there. Islamic factions were the ones accused and later arrested. My wife's hometown of Chengdu has a somewhat smaller than norm of ethnic Chinese from the far western provinces of China, that are Islamic. They are very genial, gregarious and are hard bargainers and my wife and I loved shopping for produce that they provided.

However, after the bombings in London, the National Police were down on them like a proverbial "ton of bricks." The Chinese were not going to get caught with their pants around their ankles. They learn from others mistakes, most esp after the London bombings. My wife and I watched the raids and street interrogations near the statue of Mao Tse Tung, in the center of Chengdu. Everyone of these people was being grilled right on the street (BTW the words were not very kind as my wife told me later), some were being loaded into vans. I pity the poor Chinese Islamic that may have refused to show his ID or answer their questions. This would have probably entitled them to a free, all-expense paid, reeducation-camp tour in Upper Mongolia somewhere.

With the Olympics going on in China, China's loss of face in the world's eye with the Olympics, etc; I would imagine that even the cockroaches are leaving town right about now.

I wonder how this will pan out?

Guest ShaQuaNew

The cause is said to have been gun-powder based explosives. Pretty easy to find that sort of thing in China. There is no-doubt that just as there are a good many people that would love to visit harm upon America and Americans, there are a few subversives that would enjoy doing the same in China.

China is indeed taking measures to ensure that people with subversive intentions will not make it beyond the border. Those that do, and are found out, will wish they had gone to the beach instead.

The Olympics has always been the place for those wanting to make political statements to use the attention to get their message out; whether it be twisted and perverted, or sane and just.

It's rarely been publicized that several groups have been arrested around the country of China in the past several weeks. All of them purportedly with intentions on making violent and non-violent messages using the Olympics as a platform.

I trust that everyone on this site will pray for the safety and well-being of the Chinese people and that those that wish to bring harm to the Country and its people be snuffed out.

The cause is said to have been gun-powder based explosives. Pretty easy to find that sort of thing in China. There is no-doubt that just as there are a good many people that would love to visit harm upon America and Americans, there are a few subversives that would enjoy doing the same in China.

China is indeed taking measures to ensure that people with subversive intentions will not make it beyond the border. Those that do, and are found out, will wish they had gone to the beach instead.

The Olympics has always been the place for those wanting to make political statements to use the attention to get their message out; whether it be twisted and perverted, or sane and just.

It's rarely been publicized that several groups have been arrested around the country of China in the past several weeks. All of them purportedly with intentions on making violent and non-violent messages using the Olympics as a platform.

I trust that everyone on this site will pray for the safety and well-being of the Chinese people and that those that wish to bring harm to the Country and its people be snuffed out.

Jesse,

I was grabbing at straws, but I agree with what your are saying.

I heard one bus had the windows shattered, generally caused from explosive with a low yield device, IMO. I read that the second device was more strategically placed. With no photos to work with, probably placed near the side of the bus, concealed in a backpack/bag/box, since the resulting explosion went outwards and took a course of resistance placed in its path. Thereby, blowing the side of the bus outwards and shattering fewer windows in the bus. Again, I agree with you probably low level, gunpowder based.

IMHO, I probably wouldn't have suspected Tibetan. They have far higher grade explosives easily and accessible, that they could and would have used and would have had higher casualty figures, thereby increasing their cause more. Another rising faction in China that does not have the resources available to the Tibetans? This seems far more likely to me. Just my opinion!

Fireworks in China are like as common as daisies in a field. That is why I also side with you as a low grade explosive device, designed with gunpowder. This would be a logical choice and very "untraceable." Creating a "homemade" lab to make PETN, TNT and the ilk is "do-able," but unlikely. IMHO, a individual is a bit unlikely to get the necessary materials (nitric acid, potassium nitrate, toluene, mercury, chem lab equipment, magnetic stirrers, etc), have the proper chemical expertise, not to mention an undue amount of privacy necessary to manufacture and refinement capabilities, without raising someone's suspicions in China.s pretty far-fetched!

What I truly wonder about is how many innocents will be swept into the dragnet that the Chinese already have out already? The Chinese people and their police are no idiots! You are right. If they catch the person responsible, or is so stupid to go and claim victory.....May God himself have mercy upon them. Because the Chinese people damn won't!

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

Very sad indeed. I saw mention of Shanghai in May. But another set of three went off about June 19th, I left Guangzhou on 20th of June and in The Southern China daily was an article about 3 bombs going off.

One in Yiwu injuring 19

One in Wenzhou

One in Shanghai

Sad that these people have to injure so many innocents. Even with all the diligence of the Police, I am afarid Beijing will have its hands full.

For all involved I hope and pray they have a peaceful Olympics

I wonder what that B!TCH Sharon Stone and Richard Gere have to say about this.

"It's Karma, you know, for destroying the Tibetan culture. You know, it's just Karma for what they did to my friend, the big D."

Could be crazy Farmers/Migrant revolting, Tibetans(I thought they were all about peace?, or Islamic Chinese. I saw lots of Islamic Chinese while in Guangzhou.

There was an incident in Yunnan a few days ago in which 2 or 3 rubber farmers were killed by police in a large protest over rubber prices. It seems that the farmers are REQUIRED to sell their rubber to the local guvmint agency (THIEVES) rather than on the open market for a higher price... :)

There was an incident in Yunnan a few days ago in which 2 or 3 rubber farmers were killed by police in a large protest over rubber prices. It seems that the farmers are REQUIRED to sell their rubber to the local guvmint agency (THIEVES) rather than on the open market for a higher price... :)

Here's the link for that story...

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jziAmp...qlWeFzCkruVdESQ

I wonder what that B!TCH Sharon Stone and Richard Gere have to say about this.

"It's Karma, you know, for destroying the Tibetan culture. You know, it's just Karma for what they did to my friend, the big D."

Could be crazy Farmers/Migrant revolting, Tibetans(I thought they were all about peace?, or Islamic Chinese. I saw lots of Islamic Chinese while in Guangzhou.

Hmmm, never occurred to me that what was important about this was Sharon Stone and Richard Gere, but I'll give that some thought.