interviewing officer

I don't believe so, I attended ACH and don't recall the Counselor Officer having a badge.

I've been watching too much Monty Python this weekend. Wouldn't it be nice if they had silly walks or funny hats? Oy Veh. I know - maybe we could ask our SO's to being them some baked goods - like a tin of muffins or some cookies to the interview - laden with chocolate exlax.

Then - we can identify em by the green faces in the afternoon? hmmmm

(ps - that was all in good fun, I'm not suggesting chocolate exlax-laced baked goods for any government worker).

I noticed when I attended ACH the person I spoke with was wearing what I assumed to be a government ID card on a "string" around his neck, but to keep it hidden he had it inserted in his front shirt pocket.

No name badge was worn as I assume that they all would like to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

Clayton

If they wanted you to know their names they would have name tags! The reason they don't is so they can't be written up. Ask them who you are talking with. That's the FIRST thing I do and then write it down. It puts you on an even playing field.

I've been watching too much Monty Python this weekend. Wouldn't it be nice if they had silly walks or funny hats? Oy Veh. I know - maybe we could ask our SO's to being them some baked goods - like a tin of muffins or some cookies to the interview - laden with chocolate exlax.

(ps - that was all in good fun, I'm not suggesting chocolate exlax-laced baked goods for any government worker).

It would have been a good idea, Darnell. But no packets allowed in to the building !

Ken88

If they wanted you to know their names they would have name tags! The reason they don't is so they can't be written up. Ask them who you are talking with. That's the FIRST thing I do and then write it down. It puts you on an even playing field.

Always know who you are speaking to, this is true!

I talked to Ed at ACH about a year ago, at least that's what he told me his name was. Maybe old school, I was taught introduce yourself, offer your hand and look them in the eyes. Tought to shake hands through that glass at GUZ though :blink:

I think I talked to Mayor Richard Daly from Chicago at my ACH appointment. :D :D All smiles, and no truth. Or maybe he wuz Alfred E. Neuman (What, Me Lie). :lol:

I had to dance my head around to get my eyes in HIS vision, in an attempt to make him look me in the eye, then he got the hint.

Dale, let's hope you never need to know info like that. Our interviewing VO wrote her name as M. And she shore wasn't no Auntie M. :lol:

Best wishes on an easy interview and another good lookin' woman quickly moving to Atlanta, Gawga!!

tsap seui

I spoke with George (mid 50s) American male in March. I asked him to sign a piece of my own written up paper stating that I attended ACH. He was very nice and helpful. He signed it, dated and told me everyone knows him there, since he has been working there for awhile.

I'm wondering if when we're done with this visa thing, could you help me with a license for me pet halibut, Eric?

Or at least a plaid shirt to tell that they were lumberjacks.