Where in China do you most want to go next???

Now that we know where everyone has been it's essential that we find out where everyone now wants to go most... B)

My choice is one of the well-known and great cities of China...Hangzhou...but my request is somewhat different because I wish to visit Hangzhou in 1275... :huh:

I have just begun my second reading of "Daily Life in China - On the Eve of the Mongol Invasion 1250 - 1276" by Jacques Gernet... :beer:

If you want to get a feel for what China was like in the olde days pick up a copy of this very interesting read... :D

"Thirteenth-century China is striking for its modernism : for its exclusively monetary economy, its paper money, its negotiable instruments, its highly-developed enterprises in tea and in salt, for the importance of its foreign trade in silks and porcelains, and the specialization of its regional products...In the spheres of social life, art, amusements, institutions and technology, China was incontestably the most advanced country of the time. She had every right to consider the rest of the world as being peopled by mere barbarians."

Hangzhou of that time was a city of 1 million people, by far the largest city on the planet, and was the Southern Sung capitol.

"Contemporary documents provide an astonishing mass of information about the city of Hangzhou as it was around the year 1275. There is nothing that its inhabitants have failed to note for us : its canals, buildings, administration, festivals, markets and commercial transactions and amusements - to such an extent, that it is possible to day to find the exact place for each type of trade, for every temple. We even know the names of the most celebrated courtesans, the number of paving-stones in the principal street, the best addreses..."

Anywho if I figure out how to go I'll let you know and we can all put on our red ballcaps and follow the tour guide with the red flag... :lol:

No takers here either huh?

Rog,

With all due respect to your more conservative MODerate side and all, I am afraid you just don't have the "grab" that ol Topper has. Now I know, he may be a, well lets don't go there, but Roger you have got to make this more interesting.

The only solution/compromise I can see to this rather serious problem is if you request that the MK be a sub forum of the TC? Then you could speak your more uncensored mind, I feel.

Would Tsap do this to himself?

Is this the affect of marriage after how many years now???

Otherwise this thing will kill you or cause irreversible manhood problems.

Now that we know where everyone has been it's essential that we find out where everyone now wants to go most... :ph34r:

My choice is one of the well-known and great cities of China...Hangzhou...but my request is somewhat different because I wish to visit Hangzhou in 1275... :bangin:

I have just begun my second reading of "Daily Life in China - On the Eve of the Mongol Invasion 1250 - 1276" by Jacques Gernet... :bathfun:

If you want to get a feel for what China was like in the olde days pick up a copy of this very interesting read... :blink:

"Thirteenth-century China is striking for its modernism : for its exclusively monetary economy, its paper money, its negotiable instruments, its highly-developed enterprises in tea and in salt, for the importance of its foreign trade in silks and porcelains, and the specialization of its regional products...In the spheres of social life, art, amusements, institutions and technology, China was incontestably the most advanced country of the time. She had every right to consider the rest of the world as being peopled by mere barbarians."

Hangzhou of that time was a city of 1 million people, by far the largest city on the planet, and was the Southern Sung capitol.

"Contemporary documents provide an astonishing mass of information about the city of Hangzhou as it was around the year 1275. There is nothing that its inhabitants have failed to note for us : its canals, buildings, administration, festivals, markets and commercial transactions and amusements - to such an extent, that it is possible to day to find the exact place for each type of trade, for every temple. We even know the names of the most celebrated courtesans, the number of paving-stones in the principal street, the best addreses..."

Anywho if I figure out how to go I'll let you know and we can all put on our red ballcaps and follow the tour guide with the red flag... :unsure:

Where would we be today if the Mongols had not introduced many "modern" developments to Europe and broke the back of the Pope's armies. Without the introduction of wood slat technology beer would not have wooden kegs to age in.

So is this more about when as opposed to where?

Kaifeng with China's largest Jewish settlement was the capital in 1000 -1100. As long as I can leave before the attack on Jews. There are still several families living in the city who's ID cards state Jew as ethnicity.

Rog,

With all due respect to your more conservative MODerate side and all, I am afraid you just don't have the "grab" that ol Topper has. Now I know, he may be a, well lets don't go there, but Roger you have got to make this more interesting.

The only solution/compromise I can see to this rather serious problem is if you request that the MK be a sub forum of the TC? Then you could speak your more uncensored mind, I feel.

Dougie, Dougie... :bathfun: Here in the MK we are free to do our thingie...unfettered by thr requirements of toeing the tl line... :unsure: I write what I want, what interests me...and if anyone else finds it interesting then fine they are more than welcome to comment...I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread...I am quite happy right here talking about China... :bangin:

Rog,

Dougie, Dougie... :bathfun: Here in the MK we are free to do our thingie...unfettered by thr requirements of toeing the tl line... :unsure: I write what I want, what interests me...and if anyone else finds it interesting then fine they are more than welcome to comment...I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread...I am quite happy right here talking about China... :bangin:

Life as a placebo mod sounds good.

Rog,

Roger I would have to agree with you. :ph34r:

Dougie, Dougie... B) Here in the MK we are free to do our thingie...unfettered by thr requirements of toeing the tl line... :blink: I write what I want, what interests me...and if anyone else finds it interesting then fine they are more than welcome to comment...I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread...I am quite happy right here talking about China... :V:

Roger I would have to agree with you. :)

Oh my Great Gallopin' Gawd, rOgGIe!!!! You is a natural born comedian... :lol:

"I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread"

I jest about fell outta my dern broken down computer chair :lol:

That does it, me n' wee rabbit have red ball caps and we'll go count them pavin' stones and see the sights with you, I'm ready to get in line behind the pretty lady with the red flag!!!

dOgGIe, tried to inject a lil' spice over on the epochal "Gone with The Flatulence" bulletin board, bless his heart...but it didn't work...sniff...sniff...if I walk down the extra WIDE street of the incredibly beautiful neighborhood with the extra LARGE houses with the extra LARGE cars in our extra LARGE driveways and go into the extra LARGE house with all the Igor and Poop Daddy bear stickers and have to hear each meals exquisite menu, down to the labels on the cans, and hear that lil' so and so tooted and it was so cute and we all laughed...ONE MORE TIME :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Why, I'm gonna grab somebodys rug offa they hed and eat it in one large bite, and HOPE I DIE....QUICKLY!!!!!! Take ME LAWD, PLEASE!!!!

I can't take it, I can't take IT!!! Holy Bubba knows I tried my best, I JEST CAN'T TAKE IT...I scream into this manicured wilderness!!!! :bangin: :crazy:

I'm ready for some REAL ACTION...countin' paving stones sounds like a ton of fun, about now!!!! ;)

tsap seui

I may even change my name...I see the letters, sap, in it :rolleyes:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Dougie, Dougie... B) Here in the MK we are free to do our thingie...unfettered by thr requirements of toeing the tl line... :blink: I write what I want, what interests me...and if anyone else finds it interesting then fine they are more than welcome to comment...I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread...I am quite happy right here talking about China... :V:

Roger I would have to agree with you. :)

Oh my Great Gallopin' Gawd, rOgGIe!!!! You is a natural born comedian... :lol:

"I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread"

I jest about fell outta my dern broken down computer chair :lol:

That does it, me n' wee rabbit have red ball caps and we'll go count them pavin' stones and see the sights with you, I'm ready to get in line behind the pretty lady with the red flag!!!

dOgGIe, tried to inject a lil' spice over on the epochal "Gone with The Flatulence" bulletin board, bless his heart...but it didn't work...sniff...sniff...if I walk down the extra WIDE street of the incredibly beautiful neighborhood with the extra LARGE houses with the extra LARGE cars in our extra LARGE driveways and go into the extra LARGE house with all the Igor and Poop Daddy bear stickers and have to hear each meals exquisite menu, down to the labels on the cans, and hear that lil' so and so tooted and it was so cute and we all laughed...ONE MORE TIME :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Why, I'm gonna grab somebodys rug offa they hed and eat it in one large bite, and HOPE I DIE....QUICKLY!!!!!! Take ME LAWD, PLEASE!!!!

I can't take it, I can't take IT!!! Holy Bubba knows I tried my best, I JEST CAN'T TAKE IT...I scream into this manicured wilderness!!!! :bangin: :crazy:

I'm ready for some REAL ACTION...countin' paving stones sounds like a ton of fun, about now!!!! ;)

tsap seui

I may even change my name...I see the letters, sap, in it :rolleyes:

Oh my gawd cuzin Sap!! :V: :) ;)

Rog,

Dougie, Dougie... :blink: Here in the MK we are free to do our thingie...unfettered by thr requirements of toeing the tl line... :lol: I write what I want, what interests me...and if anyone else finds it interesting then fine they are more than welcome to comment...I refuse to get involved in the patting HIMSELF on the back thread...I am quite happy right here talking about China... :V:

Life as a placebo mod sounds good.

That is the WHOLE problem Dan. Look what happened to him!

Geese how dense is everyone? How many hints? Ok Yawl quit playing dumb and pulling me leg huh? I knows your smarter than that.

We have talked about visiting Yunnan,

We have been watching an outstanding series on Yangtse TV...It is about both flora and fauna and landscape but mostly about the people...They filmed in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand...A whole bunch of places we want to travel...In China they only chose two provinces...Yunnan and Hainan... :)

We have talked about visiting Yunnan,

We have been watching an outstanding series on Yangtse TV...It is about both flora and fauna and landscape but mostly about the people...They filmed in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand...A whole bunch of places we want to travel...In China they only chose two provinces...Yunnan and Hainan... :)

Why would that put a smile on your face Roger??? You already have seen both.