Richard & Li interview result

Richards story:

Li and her son went down to stand in front of the consulate entrance at 6:30 AM. This put them near the front of the line (which didn¡¯t seem to make much difference in terms of time-to-completion). However, it got them out of the humidity and into the building sooner.

I joined them in line at 7:00 AM and met Credzba and Jing while we were still outside. Jing just came down to say hello, Credzba and I re-met in the coffee shop. We met a nice young man (not a CFLer yet) and sat together while we waited.

I was watching people coming down stairs and saw many more pinks than blues. Happily, Credzba¡¯s wife and daughter were among the pink-holders. They are leaving GUZ this afternoon and had to immediately meet with Mr. Yang (I¡¯ll let him tell his own story). I hope we can spend some time with them. But, they¡¯re on a tight schedule.

About 30 minutes after Credzba¡¯s wife came downstairs, Li and son came around the corner beaming. I knew they had pink as soon as I saw her face.

We came back to the apartment where the friends Li has made here came to visit. They are having a happy conversation even as I write this story. Li¡¯s son s has found a video arcade or a computer caf¨¦ (I¡¯m not really sure). He loves gaming, so we gave him some money and let him go to celebrate in his own way.

I¡¯m about to take Li out to a nice restaurant for lunch. We are both very happy. :lol:

Li¡¯s story:

The visa officer was a tall beautiful Caucasian woman with blond hair (Li¡¯s description, I didn¡¯t see her), who greeted her with a smile.

Li: Good morning. Here are our passports.

VO: Good morning.

Q: Do you speak English?

A: A little bit. I am learning English now.

Q: How did you meet your fianc¨¦?

A: My sister-in-law in America introduced us.

Q: What is your sister-in-law¡¯s name?

A: Given

Q: Where does your sister-in-law live?

A: Given

Q: How long has your sister-in-law lived in America?

A: 10 years.

Q: 10 years?!

A: Yes.

Q: (In Chinese) When did you first meet?

A: (In Chinese) September 10, 2006

Q: (In Chinese) When was the first time your fianc¨¦ visited you in China?

A: (In Chinese) In May 2007.

Q: (In Chinese) How much time has he spent with you in China?

A: (In Chinese) Two months in 2007 and two months in 2008. He is here with me now.

Q: May I have your fianc¨¦¡¯s tax documents?

A: Yes, here you are. (Complete I-134¡¯s & associated documents given and accepted.)

Q: Do you have pictures?

A: Yes, here you are.

VO: Quickly looks through about 30 pictures in the album.

Q: (Looking at a picture of Li & I & Li¡¯s mother.) Is this your mother?

A: Yes.

Q: Does your fianc¨¦ have children?

A: No.

Q: What does your fianc¨¦ do?

A: Correct answer given.

VO: Ok. (Gives her pink.) (In Chinese) You have passed. You can go to America. Good luck.

Li & son: Thank you. Bye bye.

WOO HOO!!!

:lol::lol::lol::):lol::):lol:;)

Richard, CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :D :toot: :toot:

I had no doubt, based on all I have read from you here at CFL !!

The nexus with the Chinese family member in the US, created a few more questions than most of late; but you had all the right answers, because you two were very open and honest !!!!

Best wishes and have a safe trip home !!!! :D