Jay and Ping Interview results

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... You are always humorous and upbeat.

It is my understanding that 9 is not a good number in Chinese. So you may want to pick another date.

Thanks for your good wises.

Congratulations! I had no doubt this would be the case. Enjoy.

Thanks Jing. I see you married 08/08/08 - Congratulations yourself. :toot:

We were denied this day. We'll find another. Is 09/09/08 lucky enough?

Jay,

I have been following your posts and now it is time for me to say...

:D :tomato: :mobrun: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :shutup: :bangin: :bangin:

Your experience will give hope to all that may follow in similar footsteps. We wish you the best! Safe travels.

Clayton & Wen-Li

It is my understanding that 9 is not a good number in Chinese. So you may want to pick another date.

Jing,

I feel quite certain your comment of the number nine not being a good number is not correct. Nine is clearly one of China's lucky numbers along with the number eight being the luckiest. See below.

We plan to return to China to get our red books on 09/09/09 and perhaps at 09:09 AM!!!

Clayton

Nine

The number 9, being the greatest of single-digit numbers, was historically associated with the Emperor of China; the Emperor's robes often had nine dragons, and Chinese mythology held that the dragon has nine children.

Moreover, the number 9 (jiu) sounds like the word for "longlasting" (¾Ã pinyin ji¨³), and as such is often used in weddings.

Nine means longevity and eternality. Nine roses signifies everlasting love.

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Jay,

:whistling: :rolleyes: :lol: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :huh: :) :P

Your experience will give hope to all that may follow in similar footsteps. We wish you the best! Safe travels.

Clayton & Wen-Li

Jing,

I feel quite certain your comment of the number nine not being a good number is not correct. Nine is clearly one of China's lucky numbers along with the number eight being the luckiest. See below.

We plan to return to China to get our red books on 09/09/09 and perhaps at 09:09 AM!!!

Clayton

Nine

The number 9, being the greatest of single-digit numbers, was historically associated with the Emperor of China; the Emperor's robes often had nine dragons, and Chinese mythology held that the dragon has nine children.

Moreover, the number 9 (jiu) sounds like the word for "longlasting" (¾Ã pinyin ji¨³), and as such is often used in weddings.

"Longlasting" Sounds good to me. I always knew that "9" was good for gifts etc. I wasn't certain that the number was appropriate for wedding days. Thanks for the info. (Jing - whoops! :P )

Clayton,

I stand corrected. :) The good thing is that 09:09, 09/09/09 is also possible. For 08/08/08, 8:08 is not for the court house was not open, yet.

Jing

Jay,

B) ;) ;) CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Clayton & Wen-Li

Jing,

Clayton

Nine

"Longlasting" Sounds good to me. I always knew that "9" was good for gifts etc. I wasn't certain that the number was appropriate for wedding days. Thanks for the info. (Jing - whoops! :P )