Jay and Ping Interview results

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay and Ping,

Although it was not so good a story, you could put it in a humorous way. I enjoyed reading your recap. Thanks. The overcome should be simple enough to overcome. Good luck.

Jing and An

I know all this will work out for you. :clapping:

You and Ping's ability to keep smiling in the face of adversity is inspiring. I hope others for whom things done go exactly as planned will read your story and draw strength from it.

I'm so happy we had the chance to meet you. :clapping:

Best,

Richard & LI

It is the continued support and encouragement from all of you folks here at CFL that keep us in such good spirits. We thank you all again. The stories of success bring us particular joy now that we have been through the process at GUZ.

I arrived home last night. True to form the luggage cart got in an accident between the plane and the terminal. It was an additional 2-1/2 hours at the airport to get my bag. :D Why am I not surprised! :)

I know all this will work out for you. :)

You and Ping's ability to keep smiling in the face of adversity is inspiring. I hope others for whom things done go exactly as planned will read your story and draw strength from it.

I'm so happy we had the chance to meet you. :D

Best,

Richard & LI

Richard, Ping sends her very best. She was so pleased Li had such a good outcome. We hope we get to see you guys again.

Jay, sorry to hear about the blue slip. The pink should be coming soon. Thanks for the tips about the interview. This will help in preparing for our interview on July 31. My girl has the notarized divorce certificate but not the unmarried (available to marry) certificate. Thanks.

Peter

It brings me the greatest pleasure to me able to contribute in a meaningful way. We're pulling for you. Tell your lady to relax. Ping says it's not bad at all. You of course can shit bricks while you wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, overcome was submitted via EMS on 6/26.

In the past I have called periodically for information regarding processing from NVC through the setting of the appointment....I was wondering if information continued to be available after that.

Has anyone ever been able to follow-up on the progress for overcome via GUZ or DOS information lines?

Let me guess, I just have to wait! :(

In the past I have called periodically for information regarding processing from NVC through the setting of the appointment....I was wondering if information continued to be available after that.

Has anyone ever been able to follow-up on the progress for overcome via GUZ or DOS information lines?

I email GUZ every 10 days. Overcome was received on 06/11/2008 at the White Swan Hotel. 07/07/2008, they confirm receipt and said it's under review. I wonder how long this takes???

GUZ email response on 07/07/2008:

"

Thank you for your inquiry!

We are in receipt of the mail and the case is under review by a

Consular

officer. We will contact the appliant by mail once the case is ready

for

continued processing. Your patience is appreciated."

Jay, as an FYI, the same day we had our interview, I sat at the 4th floor coffee shop with member Doug, doug&lulu. They got a blue slip because her single certificate was expired and their attorney had missed this when the final paperwork was submitted.

She filed the valid single certificate for overcome on or about June 15th. He, like you, is now waiting back in the US. You might shoot him a PM and compare notes on the timing of your overcomes, as they are within a week or two of each other, with respect to having submitted the requested info.

Doug is a very nice, man. He has not been very active here, due to long work shifts at his job in Michigan.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Let me guess, I just have to wait! :angry:

I email GUZ every 10 days. Overcome was received on 06/11/2008 at the White Swan Hotel. 07/07/2008, they confirm receipt and said it's under review. I wonder how long this takes???

GUZ email response on 07/07/2008:

"

Thank you for your inquiry!

We are in receipt of the mail and the case is under review by a

Consular

officer. We will contact the appliant by mail once the case is ready

for

continued processing. Your patience is appreciated."

Ouch! this seems rather leasurely!

I appreciate that they do at least reply. There replies always seem to lag the actual work, so you may be further along than you think.

Best of luck - we'll keep everyone informed.

Hi Jay, like Roger said I have been extremely busy at work...Iv'e been to four different states in the last three weeks...anyway my Lulu had an attorney friend help her with the chinese documents she needed from her home town during the visa process. He missed the fact her certificate to marry had expired by the interview date. He felt bad about the blue slip so he helped her get a new certificate within a week and he must know someone in the Consulate because she mailed the new certificate on June 6th and received her visa on June 12! She arrives tommorrow so you can see why I haven't damn busy and haven't posted anything yet. If I can help you in any way...PM me. Good Luck.

Hi Jay, like Roger said I have been extremely busy at work...Iv'e been to four different states in the last three weeks...anyway my Lulu had an attorney friend help her with the chinese documents she needed from her home town during the visa process. He missed the fact her certificate to marry had expired by the interview date. He felt bad about the blue slip so he helped her get a new certificate within a week and he must know someone in the Consulate because she mailed the new certificate on June 6th and received her visa on June 12! She arrives tommorrow so you can see why I haven't damn busy and haven't posted anything yet. If I can help you in any way...PM me. Good Luck.

Wow Doug, That's encouraging news. I'm so happy for you, and I understand your rush to get ready! Keep us posted.

• 5 weeks later...