"...the single most joyful thing..."

I can well imagine what the local government thought each time he came to try and get money to fix the school. He became a squeaky wheel that they finally want to make go away so they gave him money.....

Good for him because he saved many lives by doing this.

I can say that when I went to Ada's home town which is near where all this happened I saw many buildings that looked as if they would fall down under their own weight let alone survive an earthquake. It was a good thing they were far from all the ground shaking.

http://www.caijing.com.cn/20080617/70077.shtml

The best article I've seen on why so many children were killed in the earthquake in schools that collapsed into rubble in seconds while nearby structures remained standing... :(

IMHO people should be hung from the yardarm for this... :ph34r:

Hell don't string them up, take the rubble and start stacking it on them until it crushes them to death like so many of the children died in. This is the problem with corruption, people die because someone doesn't want to spend the money to build something right to begin with. So they pay someone off to look the other way.......

http://www.caijing.com.cn/20080617/70077.shtml

The best article I've seen on why so many children were killed in the earthquake in schools that collapsed into rubble in seconds while nearby structures remained standing... :(

IMHO people should be hung from the yardarm for this... :(

Hell don't string them up, take the rubble and start stacking it on them until it crushes them to death like so many of the children died in. This is the problem with corruption, people die because someone doesn't want to spend the money to build something right to begin with. So they pay someone off to look the other way.......

How about letting the parents of those children deal with them??? :ph34r:

Of course in the US that would be "cruel and unusual punishment"... :huh: