Study tips

What study tips are you using or did you use for the citizenship test? I am reading the list of possible sentences for writing aloud for her to write. She is having problems with sentences that have the words, of, for, to and has. She doesn't always hear them. If your wife has already taken the test, what sentences was she asked to write?

Carl,

Ella was asked to write (The man sat on his desk.) She said the IO spoke very slow. Is Bing taking the old test? Ella was asked 10 questions.

Tine

Yes she is taking the old test. The new one isn't available until October and she has been studying the old test anyway.

Take a trip to Washington D.C. and Philadelphia. Than show her the different sites and explain them all to her. The visual image will help.

Carl I can assure you that if Bing can answer the 100 questions on the immigration web site concerning Citizenship she will certainly pass.

Lee was ask only 3 questions and she elaborated so much on them that the Officer told her that he didn't see any point in wasting any more of his time or hers that she knew more about American history than he did.

That was it. She did not have to write anything. I believe that the more prepared a person is and this is obvious to the officer the less intense the scrutiny.

Tell her to prepare, be confident and she will pass with a breeze.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Ying has been working on getting her GED. The first step was to take a evaluation test. The main area she needs work on is English reading and comprehension. She has been taking classes at the local community college to improve that. She is also taking some general GED prep classes. Civics was included, so she had some exposure to our governmental process. She earned a certificate stating that she has passed this part of the GED. So far these classes have been no cost to us. Ying is looking forward to starting college soon.

What I really like is the Social Studies class our 7 year old had last year. Next year will be more of it. Mom is learning from that little by little as she helps daughter. Also an election year has her hearing things from me and others. But as yet no TV as recomended by NYC head hunter - strongly.

I am USC is where she will head some day. Her career opportunities if nothing else. I just wish I could get her into an English class of some kind. Carl I see your point about words. My wife wants to just get better at work in computer language. I can't convince her on more schooling, yet. It is the one thing holding her up even at work. She just understands half of what people say at work.

This last year in my 7th graders' school they studied some of the government stuff. My wife looked at it and copied some of it down. She is planning on using some of it as a study aid. She will also enroll in a citizenship preparation class after she returns from China in the fall.

• 2 months later...

This last year in my 7th graders' school they studied some of the government stuff. My wife looked at it and copied some of it down. She is planning on using some of it as a study aid. She will also enroll in a citizenship preparation class after she returns from China in the fall.

That might help, but once you go to apply for her Citizenship they will give her a book to study. It is a real easy test and as long as she studies the book and knows it, she will pass the test. My wife got her Citizenship a week ago, trust me, it is a real easy process. She went to Norfolk which I would assume that is where you guys will go also.