NOA for citizenship test

All the info on the USCIS website including processing dates for the Portland field office says 12-14 months for the N-400 application for naturalized citizen. Today the NOA for Bing's citizenship test came. the test will be just short of 5 1/2 months from when we filed. 1 1/2 months left to study.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Hey why don't we have a new forum for a citizenship topic?

Could the Mod's respond any swifter??? I think not!!!

Great addition and I know I will be following the posts here numerous times to prepare for our future.

Thanks Mike for suggesting it and Carl for adding this new forum.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

I'm not sure who suggested it but we have the members and Don to thank for this new forum.

There is a lot of information on the USCIS website. Some of it is buried and you have to dig for it. Here is a self test, something I think useful that I didn't discover until last week.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

The first page you read on the USCIS website says an LPR can apply after 5 years of continuous residence. Unless you look at the special cases link you wouldn't know that the spouse of an American citizen can apply after 3 years.

Unless you read the instructions for the N-400 you wouldn't know that you can file within 90 days prior to meeting the continuous resident requirement.

The new test starts Oct 1st. 2008 If you filed prior to that and your interview is before that date you must take the old test. If you filed prior to that date and your interview is after Oct 1st you can choose which test. If you file after Oct 1st you must take the new test.

We filed on April 15th. The biometric appointment was last Thursday where they took the ten print and gave my wife a booklet to study.

She is happy to be going for citizenship. She wants to vote! :P

I think our case is the exception rather than the rule. The processing times on the USCIS website says 12 -14 months. Even the processing time for Portland says they are processing cases from July 07. Don't count on your wife being able to vote in this election.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)