Cool ! If the US Government has streamlined the process for large tourist groups, I'm happy ! More Tourist Visa Fees ! Yeah !

I'll be sad though, as they get bilked by the Houston area Taiwanese Folks (come stay our hotels, come eat at our resturants, come have nice City Tour in our City Buses).

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Dave, as we stood in line outside the Consulate yesterday morning, Cici pointed to a group of about a dozen Chinese kids all dressed in their school colors. They were waiting in one of the adjoining lines. She told me that they were classmates of hers.

They are traveling to America as part of an educational cultural exchange program. I saw them in the coffee bar after they had received their visas. They were so excited and happy. It seemed like a dream come true for them.

Dave, as we stood in line outside the Consulate yesterday morning, Cici pointed to a group of about a dozen Chinese kids all dressed in their school colors. They were waiting in one of the adjoining lines. She told me that they were classmates of hers.

They are traveling to America as part of an educational cultural exchange program. I saw them in the coffee bar after they had received their visas. They were so excited and happy. It seemed like a dream come true for them.

I hope their dreams are realized to the degree ours have been. :o

Can't wait to see all those groups of little colored hats wandering around Niagra Falls and The Grand Canyon. ;)

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2008-05...ent_6696212.htm

This seems to be only for groups and only from the richer areas of china. The groups take you passports and only gives them back when you return to china. I am still waiting for individuals to be alowed to travel.

Very interesting and curious...

I have a few friends in China ask me what it would take for them to travel and visit the US. So, I asked my immigration attorney who stated that they could travel in a tour group. He also stated that the tour group would take frequent roll and if a group member went missing the whole tour would end... This was back in 2006.

Still, wonderful news. It would be nice to see groups of Chinese, as we've often seen of Japanese tour groups here in LA.

I wonder about the possibility of us (USCs) joining one of these tours...? Meaning, could we meet up with them wherever the tour was going & tour along with them? Understanding how hard it is for them to get single Visas to visit us, if it were easier to get one if they were in a Group... I understand they couldn't go off on their own to stay with us, but could we go with them? :)

Sure, they wouldn't get to see our homes, but they could visit the US & we could be with them (if it were possible to join them, that is)... I'm curiously hopeful, but doubtful.

Regarding your ladies and a visitor type visa.

Lets see our lil one was in process for K4 and the CR2, although she would have had the K4 had her mother taken her to Guz when she got her K3. She did get a B2 for her.

If I had it to do over again, I would have tried my best to get my wife a B2 before we married so she could see if this was the life she wanted. Of course the risk is getting refused and then having to report that for the K and CR visas. Of course a good letter explaining our intention for the B2 application with the K3 and CR submittal should clear it up with truth.

We also got her father over here on a B2. Others seem to have a problem with this.

Someone simply needs to try it.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)