China Earthquake

I heard on a news program that teams with dogs are ready to depart but at that time no go ahead was was heard from the chinese government.

http://london.usembassy.gov/china216.html

In a May 12 briefing, OFDA Director Ky Luu said that USAID has several disaster response tools to offer China, including the ability to aid nongovernmental organizations already operating in a country, its disaster assistance response teams, as well America¡¯s domestic network of 28 urban search-and-rescue teams, which in recent years have been deployed to Guatemala and Nicaragua to save lives following hurricanes, and in Iran following the December 2003 earthquake in the southeastern city of Bam.

¡°Our ambassador and other colleagues [in China] are working very closely with their counterparts, and the moment that there is a request that's forthcoming, we are prepared to do what we can,¡± Luu said.

There was a radio submission on npr- I heard it just now.

The reporter stayed with a family all day, and they dug through the rubble to find a 2 year old son and his grandparents.

I could hear the parents wailing about the death of their son, and I could understand most of what the mother was saying .

It's not a good time over there, I could feel her pain directly...

I am sad.

LiuXia is from Chengdu. Her family and friends are OK. Mom was outside walking when the quake hit, said it was VERY violent and lasted a long time. Son was online chatting with former classmates at that time, could see the internet cafe damage occurring. He later found out his school was hard hit, probably will be demolished.

We have also donated to Red Cross China Fund.

Spoke with my Lao Po, this morning, she and I have contributed what would could. She is very depressed about the event and I don't if she has friends from that region and naturally being a mother, I know she feels the pain of mother's, father's, brothers and sisters and grand parents who are effected by this event.

Our prayers go out to those they can recue in time.

I am happy to learn that I missed the news item even though I was looking for it.

I feel better now. :ph34r:

And here at USCONGUZ !!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/he...o_red_cross.htm