43 Charged in marriage fraud in Twin Cities

You think it will make it harder for those of us who are doing it legally ? Really ? I do not share your view at all....

I view it as ICE doing it's job, instead. You know, My Tax Dollars (Plus Your Tax Dollars) at Work !!!

Enforcement has a different department than the 'paperwork processing drones' we all send our paperwork (to).

When you see the 'security guard' at the door, well, he's not from the Enforcement Department, he's a local contractor.

What are your thoughts ?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Yes I agree it is nice to see them doing their job. But to me it also does make things harder in some respects.

My reasoning is that they have found 43 this time. So when words spreads to different groups in charge, there will be more pressure at Guangzhou to stop this type of activity.

Then will be more pressure for proof of people doing the process legally to prove they are not committing fraud in some way.

In some ways I think this is why we are seeing more blue slips this year.

I hope it doesnt but from what I have seen in the past, this type of thing always come back to haunt the ones doing the process legally.

Paul

Yes I agree it is nice to see them doing their job. But to me it also does make things harder in some respects.

My reasoning is that they have found 43 this time. So when words spreads to different groups in charge, there will be more pressure at Guangzhou to stop this type of activity.

Then will be more pressure for proof of people doing the process legally to prove they are not committing fraud in some way.

In some ways I think this is why we are seeing more blue slips this year.

I hope it doesnt but from what I have seen in the past, this type of thing always come back to haunt the ones doing the process legally.

Paul

I sense the pressure at GUZ has already started, and my sense of it all pegs it around March of 2007, for the GUZ 'start date' .

I sense the pressure at GUZ has already started, and my sense of it all pegs it around March of 2007, for the GUZ 'start date' .

And lot's of innocent people are caught up in the bullshit of american idiots on a witch hunt. :D

tsap seui

There was another large incident in the Bay Area of California, not too long ago.

In my opinion, and based on information from a variety of sources, I think this is a very big problem for USCIS and DOS !!!

It has been a large problem for some time now, not just the past few months. This is why, our case files are all scutinized, profiled, and checked and double checked, at the sevice center, the NVC and then at GUZ.

This is the reason, it takes us so long, as compared to many other visa applicants from other countries throughout the world.

At first, the fraud was primarily with the K-1's; then it has spread and become more sophisticated and now has been discovered in K-3's, CR-1's and even most likely, with the DCF's.

This has become a big business and a lot of money is involved.

We only hear about some of the cases after they reach conclusion with respect to an investigation. This is a very significant and an ongoing situation, which will not be resolved anytime soon. In the interim, each of us, as we wait out the long review process, are essentially, paying a price for the [criminal] activities of others.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I doubt it will make it any harder. Like mentioned, this goes on quite often. More than we know. ICE has made some major busts not only this year, but they had a very large one in LA around 2004 as I was going through the process. GUZ is running fine tooth through every case looking. I am sure when they suspect, but can't deny they pass on the information they have to ICE. How else would ICE be able to crack these rings?

My wife and I passed on some information regarding a work visa ring that brings women over on a work visa so they can have their baby. The work visa is false and the child becomes a US citizen. Makes both my wife and I very angry that they get away with it. I am not sure they were able to do anything with this case as we only had information about one of the receipients, but then you never know if she got added to a list of others they have been monitoring.

All you can do, is present the best evidence for your case. Let GUZ and ICE worry about the rest. If you get caught up in it, then get yourself a lawyer.

Guest Liuling

In some ways crime is just the free enterprise system at work; capitalists looking for a market with less competition because of the high risk. :roller:

Most of the jobs that were in America are now in China. You do not see to many marriage fraud cases in China in order for Americans to move to China to find work, make a living, and have more freedoms. Gee perhaps some of us have it all wrong and should listen to some of the antiAmerican setiment from some of the folks here and move to China. Just wait until the propoganda machine tells the people that Americans are bad like they are telling the people about the French now. Things there can, and do, change very quickly. Ask some of the folks that lived there during the Hainan fly over when Bush first took office and Americans were held hostage.

In some ways crime is just the free enterprise system at work; capitalists looking for a market with less competition because of the high risk. :)

Most of the jobs that were in America are now in China. You do not see to many marriage fraud cases in China in order for Americans to move to China to find work, make a living, and have more freedoms. Gee perhaps some of us have it all wrong and should listen to some of the antiAmerican setiment from some of the folks here and move to China. Just wait until the propoganda machine tells the people that Americans are bad like they are telling the people about the French now. Things there can, and do, change very quickly. Ask some of the folks that lived there during the Hainan fly over when Bush first took office and Americans were held hostage.

And just...WHO... was it that took those "american jobs" to China? :)

Please don't tell us you think the evil Chinese snuck over here in the middle of the night and twisted the arms of those "loyal american" corporation heads and MADE them take american manufacturing over to China.

Now that, would be really funny.

tsap seui

And just...WHO... was it that took those "american jobs" to China? :lol:

That would be the same thugs who knowing pay for lead in their products. Then they blame the Chinese when they get caught. They have been offered a better product but decline because they only look to it's effect on the bottom line. They don't care how the worker is treated or what is in their products. They are quite content as long as they can get away with murder. Yes, that would be the true thugs, the CEO's of the American Corporations, like Wallmart. You won't see this changing any time soon because it is not cost effective to them.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

And just...WHO... was it that took those "american jobs" to China? ;)

That would be the same thugs who knowing pay for lead in their products. Then they blame the Chinese when they get caught. They have been offered a better product but decline because they only look to it's effect on the bottom line. They don't care how the worker is treated or what is in their products. They are quite content as long as they can get away with murder. Yes, that would be the true thugs, the CEO's of the American Corporations, like Wallmart. You won't see this changing any time soon because it is not cost effective to them.

WHEEEEW....thanks for clearin' that up!! :)

I was startin' to get afraid that those Chinese workers were comin' over here in the middle of the night and somehow takin' american jobs back to China without the CEO's and share holders of our companys knowin' about it. :lol:

Unfortunately many americans actually think and believe the Chinese are stealing or taking american jobs away from america.

And with my fiancee's visa woes, 9 out of 10 americans on the street would laugh in my face if I complained about it. ;) "Who cares, she's just another Chinese".

I hope someone is keeping track of just WHO is handing over american jobs to other countries, the Chinese being the most prominent thanks to the 6 PM news nightly bashing.

I'm pretty certain I am going to become a Chinese resident thanks to Uncle Sams visa terrorists wrongly accussing my woman and her 12 year old son of God knows what. It's not what I aksed for or planned, or even ago, looked forward to, but is what it is going to take for me to continue my bona fide relationship with my Chinese family...so be it.

One day I'll be laying in China in my hammock with my wife, after a day of teaching english and I'll hear the screaming incoming ICBM's that america launches as payment on the called in loans for the money the Chinese lent Uncle Sam, and the retaliation from all the "stolen" jobs and lead paint, etc., the americans have suffered at the hands of the american manufacturing complex...er...ah..the evil "red" Chinese.

I just hope that written on one of those american made weapons of amortization (the only thing left that america manufactures on it's own), are the words, "Nothin' personal tsap seui, we speculated and conjectured that she was scammin' you. Your friends at the Dept. of State"

;)

tsap seui

Guest Liuling

I have the perfect solution for you guys. Move to China. There are jobs there for you and you can become Chinese citizens....oops.....you are the wrong nationality. China does not want you they only want your money. Guess you will have to hide in a cargo ship and enter China illegally. :D

In some ways crime is just the free enterprise system at work; capitalists looking for a market with less competition because of the high risk. :rolleyes:

And just...WHO... was it that took those "american jobs" to China? :lol:

Please don't tell us you think the evil Chinese snuck over here in the middle of the night and twisted the arms of those "loyal american" corporation heads and MADE them take american manufacturing over to China.

Now that, would be really funny.

tsap seui