China Demands Apology

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post this myself but I saw it here first.

Mainstream media strikes again. It's freakin' embarrassing to be associated with these idiots on any level. The sky would fall if these comments had been made about Africans or Mexicans. I guess selective racism is selectively O.K.

And some complain about Fox News?!!?!?!?

Guest Mike and Lily

Mainstream media strikes again. It's freakin' embarrassing to be associated with these idiots on any level. The sky would fall if these comments had been made about Africans or Mexicans. I guess selective racism is selectively O.K.

It's not selective racism. It's selective hypocrisy. Those that complain the most about China's policies in tibet are the same ones that do all the sabre rattling about why we need to meddle in Iraq civil war.

Got email about this just now from a good friend and highly respected member of the local Chinese community here in Rochester.

There is a petition already up for this one:

http://www.petitiononline.com/cnncaff/petition.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Guest Liuling

Keep up the good work, Jack Cafferty and CNN. Maybe someday there will be an open press and news in China and all will have access to being able to freely report the truth without being shut down. Most of us here have fallen into the harmonious society for the benefit of the party few.

The veracity of the report can be summed up with this: "The recent protests in Tibet against five decades of Chinese rule"

5 decades?

I do not think Jack Cafferty and CNN will have anything to do with a more open Chinese media, but I do think it will happen, Liuling. I also think that Jack Cafferty and CNN will take as much credit for the eventual change as they can steal.

The path the Chinese government has willingly taken is already leading them to an increasingly open society. The change is already beyond the CCPs control.

Keep up the good work, Jack Cafferty and CNN. Maybe someday there will be an open press and news in China and all will have access to being able to freely report the truth without being shut down. Most of us here have fallen into the harmonious society for the benefit of the party few.

:D :D

It's not selective racism. It's selective hypocrisy. Those that complain the most about China's policies in tibet are the same ones that do all the sabre rattling about why we need to meddle in Iraq civil war.

I know this topic is taboo, but I must comment... meddle in it? We caused it! It's a matter of having to lie in the bed you made if you ask me. Creating chaos in another country, then bugging out saying "it's their problem" is high hypocracy.

And as for China demanding an apology? Puh-lease. They need a thicker skin, not an apology.

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

I know this topic is taboo, but I must comment... meddle in it? We caused it! It's a matter of having to lie in the bed you made if you ask me. Creating chaos in another country, then bugging out saying "it's their problem" is high hypocracy.

And as for China demanding an apology? Puh-lease. They need a thicker skin, not an apology.

China is just playing the game that CNN started, it's more gamesmanship.

It's a whole lot better than China throwing CNN and their employees out of their country.

China is just playing the game that CNN started, it's more gamesmanship.

It's a whole lot better than China throwing CNN and their employees out of their country.

. . . and much better than fighting a war over high hypocrisy!