Beijing banning smoking May 1st

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Mike and Lily

I smoke. It isn't good for you. I drink. It isn't good for you. Just a thought, after I buy a legal and taxed product [and highly taxed] isn't it my choice? Okay, before I get crucified I am not saying I want to come to your house to do it. I don't light up at the restaurant, but drinks are alright? Whats next, Prohibition again? Transfats. Ban them. Where does it stop, it never does. How about a poll on the next flavor of the week. Drew Careys bit on cheeseburgers hit it on the head. Thanks for taking away my last bit of pleasure.

The difference is if you drink it or eat it, I don't have to. If you smoke it (indoors), I have to breathe it! What you do to your body is of no consequence to me, just don't do it to mine!

I knew someone would mistake what I meant. I do not throw my trash out the window[butts] nor do I force anyone to smoke second hand. I am as considerate as can be. Empathy works both ways. Who would have thought this issue would be polarizing as politics and religion.

Well I for one noticing the differences in just how many people smoke and surprised that S Korea, for instance, hasn't done something to curb the use. I mean it was like going back to America in the 50s down South anyway. It will cost the whole country in the lung run. :D

So I figured that China with all of its top leadership might just look at medical costs & etc and do something since they are in charge :( :P ;)

I never smoked and don't like being around it but I certainly wasn't trying to make any judgments or start anything. Just figured the influence to start smoking should be curbed if possible in those countries.

Well I for one noticing the differences in just how many people smoke and surprised that S Korea, for instance, hasn't done something to curb the use. I mean it was like going back to America in the 50s down South anyway. It will cost the whole country in the lung run. :P

So I figured that China with all of its top leadership might just look at medical costs & etc and do something since they are in charge :unsure: :yay: :huh:

I never smoked and don't like being around it but I certainly wasn't trying to make any judgments or start anything. Just figured the influence to start smoking should be curbed if possible in those countries.

Reminds me of touring one of those tunnels the North Koreans dug into South Korea under the Demilitarized zone. Very steep, very narrow, very claustrophobic... Big NO SMOKING signs... several old Korean guys puffing away... good luck banning smoking there.

Since South Korea is a democracy, things will only change when as in the US the non-smokers begin to outnumber the smokers significantly and become fed up with it enough to demand rules be put into place. For the near future at least that's not the case.

When I was in GZ for Loving Candle's interview, McDonalds was a safe haven. The food stinks but the air doesn't. They have security guards that IMMEDIATELY make anybody who lights up put it out.

The AC was also great, and the bathrooms very clean.

The food still stinks, but I felt obligated to buy some for the other services I was enjoying.

-James