strange credit card charge

Hello!

Anyone know what 'xin ming suo' is? $287.00

I had this charged on my credit card and I'm not cure what it is or where it's from. I assume it's some type of business.

Thx much!

my wife seem to think this is some type of business.maybe a hotel or jewery store, she think this mostly because of the words('xin ming suo' ) and the dollar amount you mention,

I'm suprised no one has said anything about contesting the charge. Something is funny here. Unless you are the former Guv. of N.Y., $300 is something most of us would remember spending.

I wouldn't remember it...but then I ran out of that ginko stuff :P

Just kidding.

If he does not remember a charge in that amount, it is important to contact the CC company. If they cannot refresh his memory, perhaps his CC# has been passed into an underground economy server and sold. Identity theft and variations of it are a big thing today.

Exactly my point. He may have arranged to purchase something, and be charged at the time of shipping, and forgot. Or he might have been ripped off. Calling the CC to get more info is the best way to start, and either accept the charge, or deny the charge.

Edited by Smitty (see edit history)
Guest Tony n Terrific

I had this happen to me once. I asked the credit card company about this and told them I never made the purchase and they denied the charge and as well closed my account and issued a new card card account for me.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

If you left China 3 days ago, maybe this is your hotel bill catching up with you ?

Otherwise - hei! Call yer CC company, tell em you didn't authorize it !

I rarely use a credit card within China (or Korea or Japan or Hong Kong) When I do, the name on the bill has rarely had anything to do with the name of the place I did the business with. Furthermore, the transaction date and billing date are often days or weeks apart.

Seems a little difficult to lose track of a $287 dollar, or 1,900 rmb purchase.

Do what they said above- call and follow up with cc company. They can refresh your memory.