Sweet and Fresh Toilet Water

Hi all,

last month, while Sarah and I were in China preparing for her interview, we had a discussion with another American - Charlie- about how one can drink the tap water in the USA. In fact, we told her, even the toilet has the same fresh and clean drinking water. There was no difference at all.

Three weeks later, Sarah arrived in the USA on a Friday afternoon. I drove down to pick her up, and after a long ride home with lots of weekend traffic, not to mention jet lag, I collapsed on my couch for some rest.

Our kitchen was still being remodeled and there was no kitchen sink.

(Can you see where this is going?????)

An hour or two later, Sarah startled me by declaring that "Honey - your right! The toilet water is fresh and sweet!" :o :blink:

I replied, " What? You can't drink the toilet water!" :unsure: :o

She got very angry with me, and said" You told me that the toliet was safe to drink!" :angry:

I took her by the hand, and we went into the bathroom together. I pointed to the toilet, and said" you drank that water? "

She looked at me like I was stupid and said, "No, I drank water from there(Indicating the sink!!!!)"

Oh, thank god..... :P :D :lol:

Apparently she translated the word "toilet" as bathroom, which in turn led to our strange conversation.

We have had several such conversations but this was the strangest by far.

Dave and Sarah

So glad to hear that Sarah drank the water from the sink rather than the "thunder jug". :angry:

But I would bet a dollar to a donut that Gizmo has sampled the latter. :lol: :blink:

By the way, how is Gizmo doing these days? :unsure:

So glad to hear that Sarah drank the water from the sink rather than the "thunder jug". :angry:

But I would bet a dollar to a donut that Gizmo has sampled the latter. :o  :blink:

Gizmo is very naughty. He eats and drinks very well which keeps his hair quite thick and shining. :P He also likes our toilet water----sweet and fresh. :o :lol: Hope you still love his special hair. :D

Sarah

So glad to hear that Sarah drank the water from the sink rather than the "thunder jug". :blink:

But I would bet a dollar to a donut that Gizmo has sampled the latter. :o  :lol:

Gizmo is very naughty. He eats and drinks very well which keeps his hair quite thick and shining. :P He also likes our toilet water----sweet and fresh. :D :o Hope you still love his special hair. :P

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I would expect that, considering his diet and drinking habits, his hair is quite good...high quality. Can I get some before winter? :angry:

So glad to hear that Sarah drank the water from the sink rather than the "thunder jug". :lol:

But I would bet a dollar to a donut that Gizmo has sampled the latter. B)  :lol:

By the way, how is Gizmo doing these days? :lol:

Gizmo is very naughty. He eats and drinks very well which keeps his hair quite thick and shining. :P He also likes our toilet water----sweet and fresh. :D :lol: Hope you still love his special hair. :D

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I would expect that, considering his diet and drinking habits, his hair is quite good...high quality. Can I get some before winter? :blink:

Sure, hehehe! Hope the hair on your head will be especially shining, sweet, and fresh. :D :lol:

Sarah

So glad to hear that Sarah drank the water from the sink rather than the "thunder jug". :lol:

But I would bet a dollar to a donut that Gizmo has sampled the latter. :D  :lol:

By the way, how is Gizmo doing these days? :lol:

Gizmo is very naughty. He eats and drinks very well which keeps his hair quite thick and shining. :P He also likes our toilet water----sweet and fresh. :D :lol: Hope you still love his special hair. :D

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I would expect that, considering his diet and drinking habits, his hair is quite good...high quality. Can I get some before winter? :blink:

TOP 10 : Signs you have a dumb Dog

10. Lengthy pause after "Bow" while it tries to remember "Wow"

9. Buries tail, wags bones

8. When you give him Alpo, he just eats the meat by-products

7. Despite the overwhelming evidence, still smokes two packs a day

6. Showed up at the Whoopi Goldberg roast in catface

5. Has suffered over two dozen concussions from toilet seat falling on his head <------------ :lol:

4. Thinks "Snausages" is a real word

3. Voted for Fred Grandy, Love Boat's gopher, because he really thought he'd be a good congressman

2. Spends hours staring at kitchen cabinet, waiting for tiny horse-and-carriage to come out

1. Constantly chasing people named "Katz"

B) .. Just kidding !!!!!!!! No offense..

Courtesy: Letterman Late Show

;)

But maybe Gizmo is a cat ! or a ferret ! OK OK cheap shot....

Reminded me of Harleybob's story. 3 days after his fiance got here, he woke one morning to find every sink in the house filled with clothes and dish washing liquid. He scooped them all up, amidst a bit of a tussle, and put them all in the Maytag. Her final reply after hollering at him for moving the clothes she was trying to wash was, OH!!!! :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Reminded me of Harleybob's story. 3 days after his fiance got here, he woke one morning to find every sink in the house filled with clothes and dish washing liquid. He scooped them all up, amidst a bit of a tussle, and put them all in the Maytag. Her final reply after hollering at him for moving the clothes she was trying to wash was, OH!!!! :V:  :o  :o

Ah! These are the sweet and wonderful stories that make cross cultural relationships so incredible. For the things we lose in being with someone from our own culture I believe we often get back ten fold. ...When we are patient and loving.

Guest another_old_fart

Guys,

I guess some of your wives are, like we call in states, hillbillies.

At least you portray them as such with these stories of "adventure

in 'modern' america"

Geez....