Hello everybody...

I almost feel guilty for only posting when we need help...

We received a RFE for Jiening's I751. There is a deadline on it of March 26. I have a post office receipt showing delivery on February 26. So far, there is no record of the data being entered in the USCIS system. It does not show on the website or the automated phone system. I was transfered to somebody with the title of 'Officer' and she told me that I should not expect to see this information online, as I751 receipts are not viewable there. She put me on hold for a minute and came back to tell me the same thing. No record in the system.

Normally, I would not sweat this, but we are leaving for China on March 26, the same day as the RFE deadline. My concern should be obvious by now. What happens if we get to the POE at LAX on April 13 and the information still has not been entered? We have the original receipt letter that extends her green card for a year. Will that be enough? Should I worry?

The NOA letter extends the green card for a year so that shouldn't be an issue but you still need to meet the deadline. I agree with Jim though. You should make an info pass appointment and make sure.

Do I understand the dilema? You submitted the I-751 and right away got an RFE. You got RFE'd. Therefore, you never got a Biometrics

appointment. Your receipt date is for the RFE submittal, not the I-751. Right?

Without the Biometrics appointment letter you cannot look up the case on line.

Yep, get an Infopass appointment and take the RFE overcome evidence with you.

Do I understand the dilema? You submitted the I-751 and right away got an RFE. You got RFE'd. Therefore, you never got a Biometrics

appointment. Your receipt date is for the RFE submittal, not the I-751. Right?

Without the Biometrics appointment letter you cannot look up the case on line.

Yep, get an Infopass appointment and take the RFE overcome evidence with you.

I-751 was submitted in October. Biometrics were taken in December. RFE in January for additional supporting evidence with March 26 deadline. Supporting evidence was delivered to CSC February 26 by certified mail. We met the deadline, but there is no record in the USCIS system of deadline being met. We will return to USA after the deadline. If the records are not updated prior to our return, could this affect re-entry?

I would do an infopass appointment. They can look in the computer and see if it has been received. If they have lost it and think you didn't make the dead line they may decide the petition has been abandoned. If that happens once her green card expires she may be out of status. Phil if I were you I would pull out all the stops and make sure this thing is put to bed before leaving for China.

Sorry to hear about this, Phil. I know you'll get it handled. Glad you got an infopass that soon. I couldn't get one until March 28. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about this, Phil. I know you'll get it handled. Glad you got an infopass that soon. I couldn't get one until March 28. Good luck!

You should have called 5 minutes sooner Ron. I had a choice of 3/21 or 3/28.

Anyway, we just returned from USCIS with great news. We were told her application was approved yesterday, 3/20. Green card not yet ordered, but no ambiguity here. She is approved.

:headbang:

Before being told of the approval, she said there would be no problem reentering as long as we have the extension letter. Sometimes I worry too much.

Guest Mike and Lily

You should have called 5 minutes sooner Ron. I had a choice of 3/21 or 3/28.

Anyway, we just returned from USCIS with great news. We were told her application was approved yesterday, 3/20. Green card not yet ordered, but no ambiguity here. She is approved.

:gleam:

Before being told of the approval, she said there would be no problem reentering as long as we have the extension letter. Sometimes I worry too much.

That's great! Congratulations!