Where the deer and antelope play...

Guest Rob & Jin

umm... knew something was wrong, no self respecting offroader, or safarist would use a jeep for any more than going to daycare, poc,so I will have to doubt the whole thing, including the news paper report. :P

What some people will do to try and trick others. They should of at least got someone that could do a better job with the picture.

on the other hand... I would really really like to take a ride on that train ! The views must be spectacular in that part of the country.

True, but don't expect to see any antelope!

CCTV9 just had a Travelogue segment about that train. There actually are antelope in some of the regions along the train's path.

Guest Mike and Lily

LMAO how typical. The CCP... keeping turds finely polished since 1949! (or do we really blame the photographer? :P)

It likely was only the photographer's doing. However, he know what the government wanted to see and he did it to pander to a government eager for propaganda opportunties. The government was likely an unwilling participant in this fake, but was all too willing to display it and recommend it for awards for their own purposes.

on the other hand... I would really really like to take a ride on that train ! The views must be spectacular in that part of the country.

That would be one of those "Trip of a Lifetime" rides, no?

Where's Dan Rather when you need him? B)

What IllinoisDave said.... I saw a special on the train during the construction...and there were antelope running about the early construction.

I wonder if they are true antelope or a pronghorn like Montana's antelope??? I wonder what they taste like??? ...anyone know how to get a hunting license in China? B)

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)