HELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!&

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have picked up a horrific cold. Wifey has been making me take gobs of Chinese herbal crap to no avail. We have a parade of her Chinese friends and their spouses coming at all hours of the day and night doing God knows what type of incantations over and I get sicker and sicker. I now have a collection of antibiotics-non of which can help my running, sneezing nose or the cough! I need to find some normal cold medicine with a cough suppressant and an antihistamine in it. My nose is running like Niagara falls and I¡¯m scaring the locals sneezing. All the translators I¡¯ve used can not find a word for antihistamine or Claritin or or or NON-HERBAL meds.

Damnit, I want some Alka-Seltzer plus or any other American meds--not ground up sea monkeys.

Anyone know how to ask for or find this in China?

PS--Chinese new year is AWSOME!!

Whinny baby, shut up and take your medicine like a sheep!!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my wife came from China, she brought some of her favorite "Chinese" medicines with her - including Contac.

Go to the drugstore and look for English labels.

Never cough, sneeze , or anything else around a Chinese women in China!! :rolleyes: :lol:

On one my trips to China last year I started to have a "mild cough"!! The Mrs. took me to a herbal medicine store, Oh boy!! I took some lemon stuff, not bad, pills, who knows, and then she hands me the "cough" medicine. You taka, all of it!! It was a bottle of pine tar I thought and yes I was told to drink all of it. It did cure the cough, my body was afraid it would get more of that mixture so it quit coughing!! ;) :lol:

Mark and feng!! B)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have picked up a horrific cold. Wifey has been making me take gobs of Chinese herbal crap to no avail. We have a parade of her Chinese friends and their spouses coming at all hours of the day and night doing God knows what type of incantations over and I get sicker and sicker. I now have a collection of antibiotics-non of which can help my running, sneezing nose or the cough! I need to find some normal cold medicine with a cough suppressant and an antihistamine in it. My nose is running like Niagara falls and I¡¯m scaring the locals sneezing. All the translators I¡¯ve used can not find a word for antihistamine or Claritin or or or NON-HERBAL meds.

Damnit, I want some Alka-Seltzer plus or any other American meds--not ground up sea monkeys.

Whinny baby, shut up and take your medicine like a sheep!!!! :roller:

yeah...what Lee said, plus get a Catholic Priest to get some of those vicious hiney thoughts removed from your inners. Ya forgot about Minnie's already??... :lol:

Glad you are better Trigg. My wife got the same thing when we were there and took 6 weeks to get rid of it once we got back to the US. I guess Western medicine don't work on those pesky bugs they have over there.

I had a terrible time seeing any significant hiney. They all wore so many layers of clothes including the thick long underwear I couldn't see much.

Larry

What you need is that blackish-brownish crap that looks like (and smells like) it came from a old septic tank. Ask you wife, she knows exactly what I'm talking about. That'll fix you up in no time.

That is the stuff I mentioned earlier, yes it works great, but.............

The rest of the body is not happy with it, like your stomach!! :roller: :lol:

What you need is that blackish-brownish crap that looks like (and smells like) it came from a old septic tank. Ask you wife, she knows exactly what I'm talking about. That'll fix you up in no time.

The rest of the body is not happy with it, like your stomach!! :( B)

It works unless you vomit it up. And you do want to vomit it up if you can.

The rest of the body is not happy with it, like your stomach!! :unsure: :ph34r:

Is that so you can enjoy the flavor twice? :huh:

Guest Mike and Lily

I've learned the hard way the things I need to bring to China every time I go. I will say though, that some of these Chinese medicines are helpful, but I always bring a generous supply of Sudafed, Benadryl, Advil and sleeping pills (for the plane trip and jet lag).

The rest of the body is not happy with it, like your stomach!! :headbang: :whip:

??????? :smartass: :whistling:

The rest of the body is not happy with it, like your stomach!! :headbang: :whip:

??????? :smartass: :whistling:

I don't want to hear about you weenies... I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and woke up every morning that nasty@$$ $h*t.... "You Drink Lao Gong!" aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Be a MAN for once in your life Trigg and take that Chinese medicine! :lol:

Ya, but you said she is a shrink-I'm already shrunk. I just want some cold meds to make my feel bad feel better and I'd rather French kiss a cobra than take anymore of these Chinamaneses things---ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

PS-Only 675,943,321.5 Chinese hineys left ot check out. So many of them and so few of me!

Damn, sorry to hear this Trigg, I know how you must feel. It really sucks when you to go to China and wind up like that. It happens to me every damn time I go there.

I've been trying to think of something to help you out, but you'll just have to hang in there. The only think I can think of that would help you, would be for me to fly to China and personally take on a couple hundred thousand of them tiny-hineys for ya! :whistling:

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Guest Tony n Terrific

Try garlic it has amazing anti-bodies in it. Plus you can keep away all the well wishers if you eat enough of it.

I don't have any other advice about colds other than to say, "Take Visine".

Damn the stuffiness, the snot on yer face, the hackin and gackin'...keep them eyes clear for them unbelievable tiny hineys.

A man's gotta keep his priorties in check.

tsap seui