hi, chinadave. I read from your early post, you confirmed with GZ when you got your p4 that IRS 9003 is no longer required. But I do have my fiance's notarized tax form 1040. I went to Qingdao 2 years ago. The froggy night with rain in summer by the sea was amazing. Something very impressive to me was the BIG amount of food served in the restaraunt. My collegue and I orded 3 dishes. When the waitress brought them to the table, we stared at the food.. And finally we were not even able to finish one plate.

Your cat sounds interesting. I have a dog but she only ignores me. :rolleyes:

Does the consulate require the tax return form I1040 be certified copies, or just my own copies.

If need certified, who could certify it, IRS or my tax preparing service sign the copies and notarized by a notarize service?

Hope someone passed the interview provide some information.

Thank you.

hi, chinadave. I read from your early post, you confirmed with GZ when you got your p4 that IRS 9003 is no longer required. But I do have my fiance's notarized tax form 1040. I went to Qingdao 2 years ago. The froggy night with rain in summer by the sea was amazing. Something very impressive to me was the BIG amount of food served in the restaraunt.  My collegue and I orded 3 dishes. When the waitress brought them to the table, we stared at the food.. And finally we were not even able to finish one plate.

Your cat sounds interesting. I have a dog but she only ignores me. B)

Hi YanHua,

Yes, the seafood in QingDao is excellent. When I am there we eat fish and clams almost every day. Sarah and my cat are off to a good start - they are beginning to understand eachother. Sarah says my cat acts like a little child. I also love to got to YanTai but I have not tried their cherries. Maybe next time. Last week we visited the Chang Yu winery chateau and vineyards in YanTai. It was great. I think Chinese wines are very good and getting better each year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them exported to the USA soon.

Good luck with your interview!

Dave

PS. The notarized 1040 should be enough evidence to go with the I-134.

PPS. If your dog continues to ignore you, maybe you should threaten to take her to Guangzhou! :lol: :P :o

the I-134 intructions state for proof of income, a letter on company letterhead showing present salary and date of empoyment. It only ask for the latest year of taxes(IRS 1040) but I have heard the last three years is a safe way to go. The w-2's would also serve as additional proof of income. The instructions say nothing about notarizing any evidence but it wouldn't hurt to take that extra step. Also, according to the instructions, this evidence needs to be submitted in duplicate and, of course, the I-134 must be signed and sealed under oath, (Notary Public).

This is how I am handling mine.

Filatelist,

The Consulate doesn't state if the 1040 has to be notorized, but some people that I know that when for the interview needed a notorized copy. To be a the safe side have it notorized. Any notory can do it, but most will only notify that they are the one that made the copy. This is what mind did.

Bank and stock statements from an officer of the instute on letter head don't have to be notorized. The interviewer can ask for anything, they have too much lee way with the interviews. Nothing written in stone.