Test:China

My wrestling son is in sixth grade and they are studying ancient China this quarter! I just wondered how some of you more seasoned CFL memebers would do on this quiz?

(MY feng is gone for 1 week with family, so I did not get any inside help!)

1. 3 of China's important rivers?

2. Capital of China?

3. What is a civil service exam?

4. What did nobles have to do to own land?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

7. What was the silk road?

8. What is legalism?

9. Give one fact about Chinese language?

10. What were boys and girls expected to do in China?

11. Name 12 Chinese inventions still in use today?

12. Who was the best emperor?

I will give the answers later...................

My wrestling son is in sixth grade and they are studying ancient China this quarter! I just wondered how some of you more seasoned CFL memebers would do on this quiz?

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

2. Beijing!!

3. Test that enabled people to get government jobs, started in the Han Dynasty!

4. The nobles got land in return for military service.

6. Pax Sinica or "Chinese Peace"!

7. Silk road so named because of how much silk was traded to the west, for such things as lumber and horses.

11. Inventions made in China still in use today, paper, wheelbarrow, gun powder, fire crackers, etc.

Now the rest later............................ <_<

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

2. Beijing!!

7. Silk road so named because of how much silk was traded to the west, for such things as lumber and horses.

11. Inventions made in China still in use today, paper, wheelbarrow, gun powder, fire crackers, etc.

Now the rest later............................ :plane:

I still flunked, even with these answers. B) :P :rolleyes:

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

1. 3 of China's important rivers? Yangtse River, the Yellow River, and the Pearl River.

2. Capital of China? Bejing, formerly known as Peking.

3. What is a civil service exam? Young people entering mostly male took exam had three levels. Same system was also used in Japan and Korea. But at different times. Originated in Han Dynasty,

4. Don¡¯t know would have to cheat and research

5. 4 dynasties of China? Tang, Song, Chou and Ming. Also have dynasties of Quing and Chou although a bit less important.

6. What is Pax Sinica? Latin for time of Peace. Thought process in Chinese governments during several dynasties. Prime example was during the time on Confucius.

7. What was the silk road? Route more or less blazed explored and followed by Marco Polo. The route that silk followed for exportation from China and other spices, etc were imported into China from India and the ilk.

Sorry. Did this at 0445hrs and I¡¯m on the way to work. Not bad! Should cause you son pay close attention in class! LOL

Dave

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

1. 3 of China's important rivers? Yangtse River, the Yellow River, and the Pearl River.

3. What is a civil service exam? Young people entering mostly male took exam had three levels. Same system was also used in Japan and Korea. But at different times. Originated in Han Dynasty,

5. 4 dynasties of China? Tang, Song, Chou and Ming. Also have dynasties of Quing and Chou although a bit less important.

6. What is Pax Sinica? Latin for time of Peace. Thought process in Chinese governments during several dynasties. Prime example was during the time on Confucius.

7. What was the silk road? Route more or less blazed explored and followed by Marco Polo. The route that silk followed for exportation from China and other spices, etc were imported into China from India and the ilk.

Sorry. Did this at 0445hrs and I¡¯m on the way to work. Not bad! Should cause you son pay close attention in class! LOL

Dave

He has got almost all of them, and has turned his grades around a lot this year!! Second quarter no C's, all A's and B's, has to keep grades up to do all those sports he likes to do so much!!

I did mention to him that it would cause his new family members to lose face if he did not "Ace" this test!! B)

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

Dave

He has got almost all of them, and has turned his grades around a lot this year!! Second quarter no C's, all A's and B's, has to keep grades up to do all those sports he likes to do so much!!

I did mention to him that it would cause his new family members to lose face if he did not "Ace" this test!! :D

Mark,

NO WAY!

You wouldn't do this to your son, with a new Chinese family on the way to the West....... or would you!?!

Just advise your wrestling son that his "Sycamore, Illinois" wrestling techniques won¡¯t stand a chance against a Chinese woman and her own 5,000-year-old ¡°death grip¡± of Chinese women wanting their children to be educated!

Most especially, since the woman¡­..can cut him off from her kitchen stove too!

Ahhhh, well! Back to the books!

:) ;)

Seriously, congratulations on his grades!

2. Beijing!!

Now the rest later............................ ;)

I'm sorry, but you have #2 wrong.

The capital of China should be the letter 'C'. ;)

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

Dave

I did mention to him that it would cause his new family members to lose face if he did not "Ace" this test!! B)

Mark,

NO WAY!

You wouldn't do this to your son, with a new Chinese family on the way to the West....... or would you!?!

Just advise your wrestling son that his "Sycamore, Illinois" wrestling techniques won¡¯t stand a chance against a Chinese woman and her own 5,000-year-old ¡°death grip¡± of Chinese women wanting their children to be educated!

:pilot: :rotfl:

Dave thanks as always, and yes now back to the books!!

The one time I need her and daughter's knowledge and they go with family to Thailand!! B)

2. Capital of China?

5. 4 dynasties of China?

6. What is Pax Sinica?

8. What is legalism?

Dave

I did mention to him that it would cause his new family members to lose face if he did not "Ace" this test!! :P

Mark,

NO WAY!

:angry: :)

1. Chang Jiang, Huang He, Yangtse

2. Already done!!

3. Done!!

4. Done!!

5. Shang, Zhou, Qin, and Han!!

6. Done!!

7. Done!!

8. Legalismtaught that people obeyed their rulers out of fear, not out of respect!

9. Mandarin, Southern, Tibetan, Kam-Tai, Miao-Yao

10. ?? Male citizens had to serve in the army!

11. Kite, chopsticks, gunpowder, firecrackers, the steelyard, abacus, ceramics, paper making, tea, compass, wheelbarrow, Indian ink!!

12. Many have done great things, but Wu Di brought about the Pax Sinica or Chinese peace within the empire!!