Maybe one of you China experts can explain to me something that I have long wondered about.

Why do taxi drivers in China drape the seat belt all the way acroos their body and then put the latch next to the part in which one would "click it" but then not do this? I mean, if it's already across your body, why not use it? I understand that they are giving the appearance of using it without doing so but, again, since its already draped across their bodies, why not click it in? Just curious....are they just being stubborn?

Dave

Maybe one of you China experts can explain to me something that I have long wondered about.

Why do taxi drivers in China drape the seat belt all the way acroos their body and then put the latch next to the part in which one would "click it" but then not do this? I mean, if it's already across your body, why not use it? I understand that they are giving the appearance of using it without doing so but, again, since its already draped across their bodies, why not click it in? Just curious....are they just being stubborn?

Dave

no. just lazzy, so they don't have to "unclick" it :huh:

To make you wondering...haha... :unsure:

According to driving regulations, one must have his seat belt on when he's driving. But most of the people fail to realize how important it is to have it on and they feel more comfortable without it on. So most of them just drape it all the way across, pretending they're having it on to sort of cheat the cop.

Where oh where, by the way, is poor Gizmo? :lol:  :blink:  :P

You wanting your cat-wool toupe?

You're on to me Don. Sarah and I have a prearranged deal. She gets part of the head to install chest hair on herself (Dave has strange tastes :blink: ). I get part to construct a cat hair rug for my head. :D

Where oh where, by the way, is poor Gizmo? B)  :o  :huh:

You wanting your cat-wool toupe?

You're on to me Don. Sarah and I have a prearranged deal. She gets part of the head to install chest hair on herself (Dave has strange tastes :o ). I get part to construct a cat hair rug for my head. :D

Oh yes, I have long had a fetish for women with hairy chests! :lol: :D :P

Guest blsqueaky

Well I know that everytime that I got in a taxi in GZ, the driver had his belt on, and when he flipped the meter down, the voice said that the passenger in the front seat had to put the belt on, nothing was said about the back seat riders tho. I know at times if I could have found one in the back seat, I sure would have put it on.