What do we bring to AOS interview?

This has, no doubt, been posted many times, but, has anything changed on what to bring to the AOS interview?

In reference to the Interviewing Officer, DavidXihuan says:

"he freely said to me that some come in these interviews with 10 lbs of paper and pictures and it’s not necessary."

If you bring everything they mention in the NOA, then you would be bringing in 10 lbs of paper. I would like to know the actual real necessities to bring. Thanks

I filed the G-28 as Jim Julian suggested. That allows me to be there with her, correct? And, can a translator also be there?

You, your wife, and maybe an interpreter. Recent tax returns.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

You and your spouse will need to bring supporting evidence of the relationship... i.e. photos, joint checking account, joint lease, joint mortgage, and birth certificates of children if any etc. Also, it is very important to bring the current passport of the applicant, as the CIS will stamp his/her passport with the I-551 stamp if they are approved. This stamp is proof of permanent residency that can be used until they receive their greencard. This normally can take up to six months. The interview is fairly painless and may be video recorded and lasts between 15-30 minutes.

This has, no doubt, been posted many times, but, has anything changed on what to bring to the AOS interview?

"he freely said to me that some come in these interviews with 10 lbs of paper and pictures and it’s not necessary."

If you bring everything they mention in the NOA, then you would be bringing in 10 lbs of paper. I would like to know the actual real necessities to bring. Thanks

I filed the G-28 as Jim Julian suggested. That allows me to be there with her, correct? And, can a translator also be there?

I will give you my (our) experience, Ron.

An interpreter is allowed, but (I learned) that you will need to show (to prove) how you communicate on a day to day basis. Use the interpreter only if absolutely needed; otherwise, try to communicate without.

Of course, a lot has to do with the Interviewing Officer. Nonetheless, his job is to scrutinize your marriage to determine, yet again, if it is bonefide. Bring in everything you can to prove that you are a valid married couple; evidence that she is your beneficiary, joint checking accounts, medical card that shows you have added her to your medical plan...co-mingled and joint things that a normal married couple would have. Pictures of daily life help too.

You'll be fine.

i would bring everything you brought to GUZ. however, they only asked me for state ID. for her they asked the same, plus her passport so they could remove the I94 from the US visa page.

not sure about the g28. i was there and i didn't file any such form. just a normal sized office and we both sat side by side in front of him. they asked her around 7 generic question from a sheet he had...was easy for us, but i felt better having all the docs, pics, etc, we've collected over the year just in case they asked for something.

good luck!!!

For starters Ron, don't forget the wifey... that's very important!

Your interview letter should have listed what to bring. Our interview(s) were pretty informal and there was a document that we needed for the children that we didn't have with us that the officer instructed us to mail within 30 days. I'm sure you are ready.

Oh yeah... don't forget to bring a non-relative translator to help your wife... that will end an interview dang quick... especially in San Bernardino where all the translators in that building are bi-lingual in spanish and english. No chinese speaking persons there!

Good luck to you both... I'm sure all is good

Don't worry Eric, I'll bring my wife along. B)

Jim, the interview is in San Bernardino. I think we have a young lady to translate if needed.

What color underwear, hmmmm! :)

Oh yeah... don't forget to bring a non-relative translator to help your wife... that will end an interview dang quick...

It has to be a non-relative?? I was going to bring daughter along, age 16 by then!! <_<

Read these posts and decide for yourself. Some say it's ok and others say don't do it.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25728

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...