Never Lose Hope !!

Not to take away from, or to diminish the pain and frustration felt by some here on this board; let¡¯s not at the same time, scare away or cause additional stress for those who are new to the process; either here as newer members, and/or as lurkers on the sidelines.

The facts are, that most who pass through here at CFL (a microcosm of the larger group of petitioners) are successful. Most of these individuals, who get the pink, share their good news and get on with their respective lives, never or infrequently to be heard from again, herein.

For those who have had some misfortune along the way and have faced a painful denial; they of course, linger here longer, sometimes months or a few even years, for much needed support, advice, and information, while they wait for an overcome to their personal issue/situation. I would do the same, if ever faced with this situation. As David Z. has alluded to in the past; there are some things that we may never know, with respect to issues of a beneficiaries or petitioner¡¯s background, due to the confidentiality/sensitivity of information collected by GUZ.

Having said this, let us not forget that most here are successful !! Most have easy and uneventful interviews with few questions. Some even get away with one, or two, or no questions at the GUZ window. Many, I recall, have stated (post interview) that it was their clear impression that the results were already predetermined, collectively, from throughout the long background process and before the time their loved one approached the interview window.

If my memory serves me correct, the last time David Z. spoke to the ¡®numbers¡®, the stat¡¯s were approximately 80% success for the K-1¡¯s and approx. a little more than a 90% success rate for the K-3¡¯s. David, if you see this, maybe you could add to my recall ??

Moreover, most who have had difficulty--and even one I recall, who had three or four blue slips, eventually overcame and got the pink !! So never lose hope !!!!!

Given all that can go wrong with such an extensive review process and background check for both the petitioner and the beneficiary, and with all the people in the pipeline, worldwide, I think these are really good percentages. I think the information gained here at CFL, from the contributions of so many, with so much knowledge, increases one¡¯s chances of being successful.

I am writing this for the morale of all here on this board. Those few who are suffering and are forced to wait; and for those in the majority who will pass through here relatively quickly; maybe only inconvenienced by the delays in the overall processing due to increased work load on all of the service centers and Consulates/Embassies around the world.

It is my wish, however, that everyone here at Candle, enjoys success and happiness; because the bottom line is, we are each of us, deeply in love with our special-one, from China.

I just felt this had to be said. It is, of course, only my opinion and my view of things.

Well written synopsis! I honestly believe the advice and help offered by esteem members have provided success for Mengwei and I; not to mention AOS and adjusting in general.

Thanks Roger. I'm sure your comments will reassure all of us who are just beginning this process and renew the hop of those who have had to wait so long. :lol:

Not to take away from, or to diminish the pain and frustration felt by some here on this board; let¡¯s not at the same time, scare away or cause additional stress for those who are new to the process; either here as newer members, and/or as lurkers on the sidelines.

The facts are, that most who pass through here at CFL (a microcosm of the larger group of petitioners) are successful. Most of these individuals, who get the pink, share their good news and get on with their respective lives, never or infrequently to be heard from again, herein.

For those who have had some misfortune along the way and have faced a painful denial; they of course, linger here longer, sometimes months or a few even years, for much needed support, advice, and information, while they wait for an overcome to their personal issue/situation. I would do the same, if ever faced with this situation. As David Z. has alluded to in the past; there are some things that we may never know, with respect to issues of a beneficiaries or petitioner¡¯s background, due to the confidentiality/sensitivity of information collected by GUZ.

Having said this, let us not forget that most here are successful !! Most have easy and uneventful interviews with few questions. Some even get away with one, or two, or no questions at the GUZ window. Many, I recall, have stated (post interview) that it was their clear impression that the results were already predetermined, collectively, from throughout the long background process and before the time their loved one approached the interview window.

If my memory serves me correct, the last time David Z. spoke to the ¡®numbers¡®, the stat¡¯s were approximately 80% success for the K-1¡¯s and approx. a little more than a 90% success rate for the K-3¡¯s. David, if you see this, maybe you could add to my recall ??

Moreover, most who have had difficulty--and even one I recall, who had three or four blue slips, eventually overcame and got the pink !! So never lose hope !!!!!

Given all that can go wrong with such an extensive review process and background check for both the petitioner and the beneficiary, and with all the people in the pipeline, worldwide, I think these are really good percentages. I think the information gained here at CFL, from the contributions of so many, with so much knowledge, increases one¡¯s chances of being successful.

I am writing this for the morale of all here on this board. Those few who are suffering and are forced to wait; and for those in the majority who will pass through here relatively quickly; maybe only inconvenienced by the delays in the overall processing due to increased work load on all of the service centers and Consulates/Embassies around the world.

It is my wish, however, that everyone here at Candle, enjoys success and happiness; because the bottom line is, we are each of us, deeply in love with our special-one, from China.

I just felt this had to be said. It is, of course, only my opinion and my view of things.

Nice job Roger, and let us hope 2008 is a good year for us and many others waiting here!! :D B)

Yes,thanks...some of us in the waiting,need to here this....And i would like to say,I thank God for this Forum and everyone on here.It helps kill time and i don't mean that in a bad way,but a good way.I realize i am not alone,going thru this long wait.And It is always encourageing to see those who went thru it and are now happily with their wonderful wife's.sort of the light at the end of the tunnel.

In the begining,wow it was overwhelming all these forms.But lots of you guys,got me pass that,and now i just wait for the next stage,which i am sure i will have lots of questions.Glad you are all here.

jim

Roger, what a great speech you have there. It is true that most will pass and have few problem. It is also true that the one that have many problems will be the ones heard the loudest. We must all remember to help and support all on the board and encourage those that fly through to stay around for a while to help out and encourage those in pain.

I can attest to the statement of "never giving up hope". We received two blue slips, one for my wife and one for her son a year later. We overcame both and both are now here with me ( our daughter too). It can be very frustrating, and at times discouraging. But you need to stand in there, and lean on your CFL family. That's what we are here for.

I truly hope David's search shows a 99% success rate for CFL members

My best wishes to everyone waiting their woman's/man's turn at "the window".

Good post Roger!!!

Fairdinkum, I am.

tsap seui

I'll admit that this came at a very good time for me - I've got a suspicion I'm going to run into problems before it's over, so Roger's post was a real blessing.

Seeing the response from some of the 20% guys is inspiring too - I think maybe it's the way some of us relate to the 'never say die', 'bloody but undefeated' side of the human spirit that makes us so admire the chinese women who come from centuries of having to endure, endure, endure.

Being a newcomer, I don't know all the details about 'that woman' or the letters that people have written and some of the other references over the last few weeks about this whole topic, and not only did I not want to ask prying questions, I would have to say that I was also just a little afraid of what the answers to those questions might be :drunk:

So, instead, I wonder if there's a way to make some lemonade here - can we maybe have a forum or an ongoing thread that, instead of being a focus on forms and procedures for the way it's supposed to go, is a central place to go for learning who needs support and how we can do that support, ie, what letters might help, where to send them, etc.

Someone suggested doing petitions last week - if the right person somewhere gets 3 or 4 or 5 letters every day, each from a different person but about the same situation, could that help ? Or will it only make things worse ?

What about getting more senators and representatives involved - even if it's someone they don't represent, is anyone going to challenge them on that, if there's enough of them ?

Legal opinions, isnt there supposed to be something called due process, even in admin proceedings ?

How can we organize into a united group and what tactics do we avoid ? I know I'm not the only one here who remembers the civil rights movement :drunk:

I'm a newbie, maybe I'm beating horses that were laid to rest long ago - but that would be one good reason for a central place to have those horses all laid out for anyone to see that wants to brainstorm, or just pay it forward.

I'll go back to the shallow wisecracks now, between listening to the elders :bleh:

I'll admit that this came at a very good time for me - I've got a suspicion I'm going to run into problems before it's over, so Roger's post was a real blessing.

Seeing the response from some of the 20% guys is inspiring too - I think maybe it's the way some of us relate to the 'never say die', 'bloody but undefeated' side of the human spirit that makes us so admire the chinese women who come from centuries of having to endure, endure, endure.

Being a newcomer, I don't know all the details about 'that woman' or the letters that people have written and some of the other references over the last few weeks about this whole topic, and not only did I not want to ask prying questions, I would have to say that I was also just a little afraid of what the answers to those questions might be :drunk:

So, instead, I wonder if there's a way to make some lemonade here - can we maybe have a forum or an ongoing thread that, instead of being a focus on forms and procedures for the way it's supposed to go, is a central place to go for learning who needs support and how we can do that support, ie, what letters might help, where to send them, etc.

Someone suggested doing petitions last week - if the right person somewhere gets 3 or 4 or 5 letters every day, each from a different person but about the same situation, could that help ? Or will it only make things worse ?

What about getting more senators and representatives involved - even if it's someone they don't represent, is anyone going to challenge them on that, if there's enough of them ?

Legal opinions, isnt there supposed to be something called due process, even in admin proceedings ?

How can we organize into a united group and what tactics do we avoid ? I know I'm not the only one here who remembers the civil rights movement :drunk:

I'm a newbie, maybe I'm beating horses that were laid to rest long ago - but that would be one good reason for a central place to have those horses all laid out for anyone to see that wants to brainstorm, or just pay it forward.

I'll go back to the shallow wisecracks now, between listening to the elders :bleh:

Jim, if I remember right senators have been brought into the mix before and it hasn't helped much. They got many of the same answers that CFL members have gotten. The thing to remember is do what they ask for and hope that your visa file doesn't get put into one of the routes of hell. Think positive and all should be ok. Even if it doesn't go smooth CFL will be here.

Thank you Roger for your nice words of encouragement. As one who has just completed the "much feared" interview process, I must admit, it really was quite easy (interview questions, that is). Yes, mountains of paperwork, e-mails, phone records, webchats, worry, but it really was quite simple and straight-forward, and I DO believe predetermined from the I-129 F initial filing.

Thanks again for being so thoughtful of others and we all wish you and your special lady well. : )

Roger,

Thanks for your all inspiring words of wisdom. It does help put things into perspective. For some of us, things do not go as smoothly as we would like. And this forum does help us find a path to our ultimate goal, to get our loved ones here with us.

Thanks again

Mark & Kim