What am I missing for the interview?

We're insuring ourselves against the benevolence (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) of Guangzhou and the risk they will schedule an interview before I can get there. I am FedEx'ing Ling everything she needs from me. I'll then carry a separate copy in a briefcase handcuffed to my wrist.

Affidavit of support

Phone bills (do you think $11,000 of bills help prove a relationship?)

Copies of hotel/airline bills from all my trips

Bank statements

Two year's of tax returns

Pictures of the happy couple (I like the one of us filling out Packet 3)

Anything missing?

Oh yeah, the interview appointment. That's missing. :lol:

Tparrent,

Looks like you have all bases covered, but if you can still have time get the income tax return notorized. A frien of mine who had there interview in Dec. was delayed because they wouldn't except the copies of the last years income tax because it wasn't notorized. Even my tax guy and the notory said that was the stupiest thing they had ever seen. but I got mine notorized, just to be safe.

Tom, that looks pretty adquate to me. Do you have Emails since I did not see it in your list. VO really wants to see evidences how you two communicate with each other. $11,000 phonebill is amuzing amount but do you have any recorded conversations?

Here is what my gal brought with her during her interview:http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2878

BTW, you much be real busy preparing these materials and didn't see you congratulate me the other day? :huh: :blink: :lol:

Wolf: Yeah, I'm getting everything notarized. Not taking any chances on that. Plus I'll be standing outside so the visa officer can always come out and watch me sign some meaningless pice of paper :lol:

NewYorkLunar: I was so stunned to see a longtimer such as yourself actually get to the end that I figured you were delssional and just made the whole thing up :blink: Is she home yet?????

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

In preparing "evidence to meet the public charge provisions of the law", it says that the visa applicant can include information about her own financial support, information about a job, an affidavit of support I-134 from the petitioner or others, or a combination of these.

We are including my I-134 but would also like to include information about Ying's own finances. She went to the bank to get a letter confirming her bank balance, but they told her that they will need to freeze the assets in her account for 90 days in order to issue her this type of letter.

What have other visa applicants done to show "a statement from a senior officer of a bank showing the present balance of the applicants account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals over the past 12 months, and the average balance"? Is bringing one's bank passbook sufficient? Have others been able to obtain such a letter without freezing their assets (kind of defeats the purpose if your money is frozen in china and you can't bring it to the US)?

Please note in this case we are talking about Ying's US dollar account. She has about $2000 which we thought would help out the process.

Appreciate any help once again.

Thanks,

Chris and Ying (K1 interview Aug 21)

Guest meierhong
We're insuring ourselves against the benevolence (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) of Guangzhou and the risk they will schedule an interview before I can get there.  I am FedEx'ing Ling everything she needs from me.  I'll then carry a separate copy in a briefcase handcuffed to my wrist.

Affidavit of support

Phone bills (do you think $11,000 of bills help prove a relationship?)

Copies of hotel/airline bills from all my trips

Bank statements

Two year's of tax returns

Pictures of the happy couple (I like the one of us filling out Packet 3)

Anything missing?

Oh yeah, the interview appointment.  That's missing. :rolleyes:

dont worry about interview, i think your fiancee can get visa even though no Affidivat of support, more evidence, because Gz consular dont care about that, when I took interview, they didnt ask me everything excepting forms in P4.you know My fiance prepared more paperworks,airplane tickets, loving cards, but that Consular didnt ask and see them ,even affidivat of support,so I kept them by myself.

Sorry I was the one who replied to this old topic. I thought my new question was related to the topic so I attached mine on the end as a reply. Won't do it again. :D -Chris