Postphoning interview

Hi all, noobie here. Had wish I found this site about a month ago before we got our p4 paperwork.

My girl just got the packet and the interview is Dec.10, but we haven't gotten all the paperwork together. She hasn't gotten her passport yet, which I thought she had, but I guess it's a chinese ID that allows you around the country. And I just lost my job, so I won't be able to get my doc on letterhead to give to her.

My question is that has anyone post phoned their interview to a later date? If so, is there any disadvantage to doing so and how would I do that?

Any help appreciated.

Hi all, noobie here. Had wish I found this site about a month ago before we got our p4 paperwork.

My girl just got the packet and the interview is Dec.10, but we haven't gotten all the paperwork together. She hasn't gotten her passport yet, which I thought she had, but I guess it's a chinese ID that allows you around the country. And I just lost my job, so I won't be able to get my doc on letterhead to give to her.

My question is that has anyone post phoned their interview to a later date? If so, is there any disadvantage to doing so and how would I do that?

Any help appreciated.

Email GUZ and tell them.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

My suggestion is to go to the interview anyway. Get the blue slip for the passport and maybe the employee letter will not even be asked for if your finiancials are good (2006 tax return). Who knows, maybe you can get the passport before then. Then she only needs to return to the consulate with her passport when received. If they ask for the letter in blueslip, you have another 4-8 weeks to get the job and letter anyway before overcome. If you change the interview, you may be looking at another 2 months?, don't know for sure. Maybe that is ok if you don't mind the wait.

Getting a passport can be expedited in China, usually it involves knowing a friend of a friend or a bit of a fee.

As was said the financial records may not be requested at the interview.

Re-scheduling the interview is possible and there isn't a downside unless you create one in your communication with GZ. You do not want to share anything more than you would like to have the interview re-scheduled for a later date and it's a good idea to give them an idea of how long a delay you wish, they will inform you that they can't guarantee a specific date. When we changed our son's interview the next date that came up was about 6 weeks later.

Do NOT mention anything about relationship or employment issues, they can haunt you to no end at the interview. Remember anything you say to them can be used against you if there is any hint of a problem.

If you are not able to secure new employment take a look at getting a co-sponsor for the financial stuff for this round.

So, my understanding of the blue slip is that you¡¯ve failed one part of the interview process. When you have gotten the blue, do the reschedule you for that one part that you failed in the interview or do they retest you from the beginning?

Yes, I did hear it can be expedited, but it¡¯s not like expediting here in the US. She told me it will cost 5000RMB and that is not including red envelopes for the friend that is doing it. So, we decided not to go that route.

As for rescheduling, would it be better so to speak as to call or email, and what sort of an excuse would be safe to use?

Getting a passport can be expedited in China, usually it involves knowing a friend of a friend or a bit of a fee.

Re-scheduling the interview is possible and there isn't a downside unless you create one in your communication with GZ. You do not want to share anything more than you would like to have the interview re-scheduled for a later date and it's a good idea to give them an idea of how long a delay you wish, they will inform you that they can't guarantee a specific date. When we changed our son's interview the next date that came up was about 6 weeks later.

Do NOT mention anything about relationship or employment issues, they can haunt you to no end at the interview. Remember anything you say to them can be used against you if there is any hint of a problem.

If you are not able to secure new employment take a look at getting a co-sponsor for the financial stuff for this round.

So, my understanding of the blue slip is that you¡¯ve failed one part of the interview process. When you have gotten the blue, do the reschedule you for that one part that you failed in the interview or do they retest you from the beginning?

Yes, I did hear it can be expedited, but it¡¯s not like expediting here in the US. She told me it will cost 5000RMB and that is not including red envelopes for the friend that is doing it. So, we decided not to go that route.

As for rescheduling, would it be better so to speak as to call or email, and what sort of an excuse would be safe to use?

When you get a blue slip, they will tell you on it what to do. Any evidence missing is simply submitted at that time, either in person or by mail, depending on what the slip says. It is not a second interview.

The downside to rescheduling is that you will need to wait for whatever time they reschedule you for - it can be 2 months or longer.

Email or regular mail are the best ways to contact the consulate.

Inform them that you will not be able to make the scheduled appointment, and ask them to re-schedule for the earliest available date.

Randy gave you good information on the Blue slip process.

The price of expiditing the passport sounds rather high, in my wife's town it was 500 RMB and you could get it in about 5 days.

I like your advice alot and agree totally!

When you get a blue slip, they will tell you on it what to do. Any evidence missing is simply submitted at that time, either in person or by mail, depending on what the slip says. It is not a second interview.

The downside to rescheduling is that you will need to wait for whatever time they reschedule you for - it can be 2 months or longer.

Inform them that you will not be able to make the scheduled appointment, and ask them to re-schedule for the earliest available date.

I was told re-scheduling can set you back 2 to 3 months also. I'd proceed and deal with blue (if it even happens??). I'd hate for you to even suggest anything negative in a letter or e-mail that can cause questions.

I was told re-scheduling can set you back 2 to 3 months also. I'd proceed and deal with blue (if it even happens??). I'd hate for you to even suggest anything negative in a letter or e-mail that can cause questions.

Michael what are you doing on CFL?? You should be nibbling on something for sure!! :D :unsure:

Appreciate everyone's opinion on this matter. It takes a load off my mind. Yes, I'd agree that the price of expediting is a little high, most likely taking advantage of things as people do to make an extra buck there.

In getting the blue slip and resubmitting, has anyone had to resubmit more than once?

thanks people. :D

Michael what are you doing on CFL?? You should be nibbling on something for sure!! :D :unsure:

Appreciate everyone's opinion on this matter. It takes a load off my mind. Yes, I'd agree that the price of expediting is a little high, most likely taking advantage of things as people do to make an extra buck there.

In getting the blue slip and resubmitting, has anyone had to resubmit more than once?

thanks people. :P

As for multiple blue slips I have heard of someone getting as many as 4 before receiving the pink, but that is the exceptional case. Most usually get submit the overcome information and get pink after that.

Submitting evidence from a blue slip is a very important process, too much information submitted usually results in another blue slip saying don't call us we'll call you, in 3-6 months. Not enough either gets another blue slip or the dreaded white slip.

If she doesn't have her passport yet you might want to postpone the interview until she has it, no use getting someone at GZ looking sideways at your case and letting their imagination run wild. In the cases where they have much suspicion the overcome can be dreadful, not to mention extremely stressful.

My advice is to make the first shot count, postponing gives you the chance to be extremely well prepared, which is never a bad thing.

Michael what are you doing on CFL?? You should be nibbling on something for sure!! :unsure: :P

Yes, you're right, but I'm still in painting/cleaning mode and my baby will not be here until the 17th. She's a bit freaked-out over travel to the US. I've assured her there will be many Chinese people on her plane to help her but can't offer great advice on baggage transfer to connecting flight from Newark to Palm Beach since our airports suck at making it clear where to put baggage to connect! Thanks for your nice words!

My girl was told that she couldn't get in without a passport to the interview. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm thinking someone wants to make a buck or 2 since they told her they can help her post phone for another date...for a fee of course.

As for post phoning, I cannot think of a good reason to tell them. But then again, getting a blue slip doesn't sound as bad as it can be.

Rescheduling is set back of 2-3 months only? She was told 6 months or more...I smell a rat over there. Man, the info that people tell her... I'm glad that I can get some answers here.

Michael what are you doing on CFL?? You should be nibbling on something for sure!! :unsure: :(

Yes, you're right, but I'm still in painting/cleaning mode and my baby will not be here until the 17th. She's a bit freaked-out over travel to the US. I've assured her there will be many Chinese people on her plane to help her but can't offer great advice on baggage transfer to connecting flight from Newark to Palm Beach since our airports suck at making it clear where to put baggage to connect! Thanks for your nice words!

My girl was told that she couldn't get in without a passport to the interview. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm thinking someone wants to make a buck or 2 since they told her they can help her post phone for another date...for a fee of course. It does not cost a thing to reschedule and you do it yourself (or her). Again, you (or her) need to email GUZ.

As for post phoning, I cannot think of a good reason to tell them. But then again, getting a blue slip doesn't sound as bad as it can be. We can not make it to the December XX interview. Please reschedule us for 2 months from now.

Thanks MikeandRong, I was gonna go with your suggestion. Just found out I got a job I applied for this afternoon. That's a load off my mind. So, in a few days I'll ask for a letter form the employer.

With that said and done, I won't be attending the interview with her. MikeandRong you suggested that she attend the interview anyways, I think I'll have her do that. If that's the only thing she'll get a blue slip for it's worth a try.

My girl was told that she couldn't get in without a passport to the interview. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm thinking someone wants to make a buck or 2 since they told her they can help her post phone for another date...for a fee of course. It does not cost a thing to reschedule and you do it yourself (or her). Again, you (or her) need to email GUZ.

As for post phoning, I cannot think of a good reason to tell them. But then again, getting a blue slip doesn't sound as bad as it can be. We can not make it to the December XX interview. Please reschedule us for 2 months from now.