Postphoning interview

Ah..ok, well that answers that question. Thanks Dave. I guess we'll end up rescheduling.

Has she done her medical exam? Curious if she can do that without the passport... if she cannot do that, you must reschedule anyway.

I seriously doubt she would be allowed in the door without the passport.

Ah..ok, well that answers that question. Thanks Dave. I guess we'll end up rescheduling.

Has she done her medical exam? Curious if she can do that without the passport... if she cannot do that, you must reschedule anyway.

just fyi, when I was given interview date on the phone from DOS, I asked about postponing, and they told me new appointment would not be for atleast 2 to 3 months.

just fyi, when I was given interview date on the phone from DOS, I asked about postponing, and they told me new appointment would not be for atleast 2 to 3 months.

DOS while trying to be helpful doesn't really have a clue as to when GZ would assign a new interview date, just a guess on the part of the operator.

In my thinkin', and what I would do myself in your case, I would postpone the interview and get that dang passport.

Yes, it sucks to get this far, have a date, and need to set it back...maybe 1 or 2 months...maybe more...but...no passport no visa anyhow.

Why go to GUZ knowing you ain't gonna get a visa in the first place? My Gawd, I'm livin' a blue slip nightmare as I type, why would I set myself and my lady up for a blue slip, when I could postpone the dang interview to get my shit together?

That passport, and invitation letter are your entry keys to the medicals and the consulate. It'd be a miracle if she could even get in to the consulate without a passport. I stood right there in the line and watched the security guy look at my girlfriends letter and passport before letting her on up to the consulate. And I was with her at the medicals and saw her give her passport and letter there too.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes here as I like everyone on CFL and respect them all...so, I'll personalize it and talk as if it was MY girlfriend that had a date for the interview and did not have her passport. This way I can be more blunt.

I would immediately e-mail GUZ and postpone the given interview date. If my girlfriend could somehow, even, get into the consulate to stand in front of a VO....what the hell is the VO gonna think about my girlfriend if the very FIRST thing the VO asks (which is almost universally gonna be) for her passport??????

Can you imagine the VO's thinking if they see the woman doesn't even have something as basic as her passport? No passport, why did you even show up here? What else do you not have? What else is wrong with your case?

Why would the VO even bother to ask my girlfriend a single other question, once they saw she didn't have her passport?

My girlfriend and I are in blue slip hell (over 4 1/2 months now), nothing asked for on the blue slip. I would much prefer to have waited that 4 1/2 months for another interview then all the speculation and conjecture of what we have now, if we were in a situation like yours. You go in with no passport (if you can get in) and who says the VO is gonna continue with the interview and just blue slip you for the passport? I would NEVER rely on that remote possibility?

I wish you both the very best in this. My advice...bite the bullet and cancel the interview. Just read everyones comments and make your own decision.

tsap seui

What am I missing here? If she could get in (but of course not) then why is everyone assuming they would get a blue? You know white slips do exist. Believe me I know.

Cuzin' Chawls Bob, You shore hit the nail on the ol' head with that statement!!!! I was too superstitious to use those "two words" in a sentence.

tsap seui

Something that is extremely important to remember is that GZ does not view all cases the same, different VO's will evaluate the same case differently for no apparent reason.

Showing up for an interview without the most required document, passport, tells the VO a couple of things.

First that you obviously don't understand that this is the process to travel outside of China, secondly that you submitted the P3 checklist telling them she had a passport, which was a lie.

Finally it opens the door to suspicion about what other things need to be examined in greater detail and they can find something wrong with every case if they look long enough or hard enough.

One VO might just send her out of there and make you do it all again.

Another might feel charitable and allow the passport only to be brought back for a visa.

Another might ask for a ton of evidence including a video of the two of you communicating together for 10 minutes.

The VO with the least amount of patience pulls out the white slip and condemns you to a living hell.

You both have decided that 5000RMB is too much to spend to get a passport fast. If the dreaded white slip appears the fastest way to get past it is to drop about $5,000 US to have case held in China for overcome. While this seems excessive it is probably cheaper than waiting a year or more to fight it in the US and get it returned to the same people for another interview.

There is no downside to delaying the interview and potentially everything to loose showing up without a passport.

Remember, the visa process is NOT like dealing with the government in the US. You have few rights in challenging their decision and it can be extremely unfair.

I'm glad everyone put in their 2 cents and more. Having everyone put in their experience and suggestion is much better than what my girl has heard from asking around. I'll post phone and get another interview date.

Is it better to phone them up or just send them an email? If phone which number would I use?

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

It's not always the $$ that they ask for, but we want to be certain that if it is paid it gets done. And with a few experiences and being a native of GZ, she is skeptical of what people tell her. I tell her to just go get it done and I'll pay for it, but she'll tell me that it's not simple and the price of it doesn't include bribes. And I do agree, it's not like our gov. here where we can challenge things and it may get done.

Something that is extremely important to remember is that GZ does not view all cases the same, different VO's will evaluate the same case differently for no apparent reason.

Showing up for an interview without the most required document, passport, tells the VO a couple of things.

First that you obviously don't understand that this is the process to travel outside of China, secondly that you submitted the P3 checklist telling them she had a passport, which was a lie.

Finally it opens the door to suspicion about what other things need to be examined in greater detail and they can find something wrong with every case if they look long enough or hard enough.

One VO might just send her out of there and make you do it all again.

Another might feel charitable and allow the passport only to be brought back for a visa.

Another might ask for a ton of evidence including a video of the two of you communicating together for 10 minutes.

The VO with the least amount of patience pulls out the white slip and condemns you to a living hell.

You both have decided that 5000RMB is too much to spend to get a passport fast. If the dreaded white slip appears the fastest way to get past it is to drop about $5,000 US to have case held in China for overcome. While this seems excessive it is probably cheaper than waiting a year or more to fight it in the US and get it returned to the same people for another interview.

There is no downside to delaying the interview and potentially everything to loose showing up without a passport.

Remember, the visa process is NOT like dealing with the government in the US. You have few rights in challenging their decision and it can be extremely unfair.

I'm glad everyone put in their 2 cents and more. Having everyone put in their experience and suggestion is much better than what my girl has heard from asking around. I'll post phone and get another interview date.

Is it better to phone them up or just send them an email? If phone which number would I use?

It's not always the $$ that they ask for, but we want to be certain that if it is paid it gets done. And with a few experiences and being a native of GZ, she is skeptical of what people tell her. I tell her to just go get it done and I'll pay for it, but she'll tell me that it's not simple and the price of it doesn't include bribes. And I do agree, it's not like our gov. here where we can challenge things and it may get done.

Email Only, the phone numbers provided can do nothing for you on this.

Tell her not to provide ANYONE information concerning the case in GZ. You will provide information at the hospital for the medical exam and to pay the visa fee at the bank, those are the only ones outside of the consulate who need to know anything about the case. The fees for both of these processes are fixed, including an additional fee for expedited medical exam results which you shouldn't need as she lives in GZ.

Who are you/she paying to get the interview postponed???

Again, either you or her must do this yourself by email to GUZ only and it is free.

You need to have this completed ASAP (as in today), as it may take GUZ a few days to read your email and the 10th is coming fast and China Monday the 3d has already past. This Friday is the last day GUZ can rspond to you.

Don't screw this up and pay someone else to do this for you and then give them all of your case information. You would be setting yourselfs up for possible prime TPC if you do this.

Read post #14 again if you are not sure or forgot.

</SPAN>