Feeling Left Behind

Hi all,

My fiancee petition was sent from the NVC to GUZ on June 25, 2007 and still has not been received in GUZ. When I call DOS they just say it is probably in customs, it takes a long time, and there is nothing they can do. I have called the NVC and they say they wont do anything unless GUZ says in writing that they have not received it. I have called the GUZ info line and they can not do anything. I have emailed GUZ and I get a generic response that says it is probably in transit. I'm feeling a little helpless right now. It has no been over 5 months. Other cases shiped the same day as mine were received about 1 month ago. Anyone have any advice?

Hi all,

My fiancee petition was sent from the NVC to GUZ on June 25, 2007 and still has not been received in GUZ. When I call DOS they just say it is probably in customs, it takes a long time, and there is nothing they can do. I have called the NVC and they say they wont do anything unless GUZ says in writing that they have not received it. I have called the GUZ info line and they can not do anything. I have emailed GUZ and I get a generic response that says it is probably in transit. I'm feeling a little helpless right now. It has no been over 5 months. Other cases shiped the same day as mine were received about 1 month ago. Anyone have any advice?

When you figure it out let me know, I am in the same boat as you, just not as long!! :coolthumb:

Hi all,

Wow! That is wierd. Your case was sent 4 days BEFORE mine, and we have and interview date. What's up with that?

If you're calling DOS in the states, that's the thing to do. GUZ is clueless about these things. When my fiance called GUZ on Monday to ask if we had an interview date, they told her nothing had happened. When I called DOS, they told me the P4 had been mailed the previous Friday and we had an appointment. Do they even know how to network computers at the consulate?! :lol:

Anyway, that feeling of helpless you have is pretty much the stock and trade of our immigration process. It's a shame you have to wait so long with no recourse!

Stay with it brother!!

Hi all,

Wow! That is wierd. Your case was sent 4 days BEFORE mine, and we have and interview date. What's up with that?

If you're calling DOS in the states, that's the thing to do. GUZ is clueless about these things. When my fiance called GUZ on Monday to ask if we had an interview date, they told her nothing had happened. When I called DOS, they told me the P4 had been mailed the previous Friday and we had an appointment. Do they even know how to network computers at the consulate?! :lol:

Anyway, that feeling of helpless you have is pretty much the stock and trade of our immigration process. It's a shame you have to wait so long with no recourse!

Stay with it brother!!

You normally called the 202 number or something else?? thx

Hi all,

Stay with it brother!!

Think of a warehouse with pallets of boxes and within each of those boxes are visa petitions. That's the "customs" clearance. GUZ says they work them as First In/First Out; but I do believe that some are missed. It happened to us too where others that went out after (and were CR1) got interview dates before we did.

Keep calling.

Hi wait2long

It's kind of strange judging by your time line. Your case is submit almost 3 months before us. Keep on calling DOS. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Yes. I called 202-663-1225. Hit 1,5,0 to skip right to the queue. Or to the message that say "We are serving too many customers. Please call back later." :ph34r: I hate that one. I actually have them on speed dial :angry:

Hi all,

Hey, can imagine how you feel! :) Our cases were sent from NVC the same date - June 25th, we received the p3 just recently, I hope they'll mail your p3 soon! Good luck!

Hi wait2long

It's kind of strange judging by your time line. Your case is submit almost 3 months before us. Keep on calling DOS. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Yes. I called 202-663-1225. Hit 1,5,0 to skip right to the queue. Or to the message that say "We are serving too many customers. Please call back later." :P I hate that one. I actually have them on speed dial :P

So do I, and keep getting the same guy!! He told me last week he should know my GZU number by now??

:P B) :D

Hi all,

You sat a long time at NVC, sorry. Make sure you are asking the correct question to the DOS operator. You should ask if your case has been loaded.

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

Hi all,

You sat a long time at NVC, sorry. Make sure you are asking the correct question to the DOS operator. You should ask if your case has been loaded.

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

Yep, the status is loaded. GUZ has not received yet. It's on the slow boat to China.

Thanks comments everyone.

Well let us hope for better news before B) !!

OR.......... you might have to change your nick name to still waiting!! B)

I hope it i received by B). Maybe I should have chosen an nick name like Way2Fast.

I will leave for Nanjing on Dec. 23 and be in China until Jan 14. If the case has not been received by then I will go to GUZ on Dec 31 (if open, need to check) or Jan 7 and try to get some answers. At that point it will have been 6 months. I don't know if it will do any good or not but I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks comments everyone.

Well let us hope for better news before B) !!

OR.......... you might have to change your nick name to still waiting!! :roller:

I hope it i received by B). Maybe I should have chosen an nick name like Way2Fast.

I will leave for Nanjing on Dec. 23 and be in China until Jan 14. If the case has not been received by then I will go to GUZ on Dec 31 (if open, need to check) or Jan 7 and try to get some answers. At that point it will have been 6 months. I don't know if it will do any good or not but I'm not sure what else to do.

I am sure the 31st is a holiday but good luck and have a safe trip!! :D B)