Notary Public...

I visited my bank, Bank of America today to get my document/s notarized and was surprised to see that the seal used was not raised and that it is just a simple inked stamp with signature of notary public, today's date and date of the notary publics expiration.

I've learned that in Tennessee they no longer use a raised stamp seal due to faxed copies not transmitting the seal properly.

This should not be an issue...Correct?

Thanks,

Clayton

I visited my bank, Bank of America today to get my document/s notarized and was surprised to see that the seal used was not raised and that it is just a simple inked stamp with signature of notary public, today's date and date of the notary publics expiration.

I've learned that in Tennessee they no longer use a raised stamp seal due to faxed copies not transmitting the seal properly.

This should not be an issue...Correct?

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton, my I-134 was nortaized this new way with just a stamp and the consulate did not have any issues with it.

Guest Rob & Jin

Thanks Lee and Don.

I was a bit caught off gaurd with this new seal. I learn something each and every day. Although it does not look very "official" I will move on with no worries.

Clayton

I'm a TN hillbilly also and had no problems with theTN stamp

The last raised stamp i've ever seen was on my university degree, before that was my AUS birth certificate from 196 ? something

Thanks Lee and Don.

I was a bit caught off gaurd with this new seal. I learn something each and every day. Although it does not look very "official" I will move on with no worries.

Clayton

The last raised stamp i've ever seen was on my university degree, before that was my AUS birth certificate from 196 ? something

In Illinois only the counties still use the raised seal! :)

Notary seals are state issued stamps with a date on them and no raised seal!! :D

Thanks Lee and Don.

Clayton

Same here in Florida Clayton. Just a stamp. I was hoping my notary did some hot wax melting, special embossed seal, that looks official. Money just doesn't buy what it used to! : )

Guest Rob & Jin

Thanks Lee and Don.

Clayton

Same here in Florida Clayton. Just a stamp. I was hoping my notary did some hot wax melting, special embossed seal, that looks official. Money just doesn't buy what it used to! : )

:) :D ;) :roller:

Guest Rob & Jin

Thanks Lee and Don.

Clayton

:) Yep, that is the year I was born. 196 ? something. :D

Yep funny i'm a baby boomer, just, haha

Clayton,

I think you have your answer, but I will just reinforce what other sage CFLers have already said.

My divorce decree had the embossed type of seal applied, since it was from a government office. However, my notarized I-134 had the old fashioned rubber stamp type. The consulate didn't make any issue of it, and my interview was very recent.

Hope it helps! And come back with the PINK!

ILS

Thanks ILS and we certainly do hope to find the coveted "PINK" paper on the 15th. All our paperwork is completed except for some handwritten forms that we will complete once we come together again.

Departing next Friday for Nanning followed by our travels to GUZ. Arriving at Mr. Yang's on the 12th.

Hoping to meet more CFL'ers while in GUZ. Everyone has been great and a huge CONGRATS to you and yours. Such success from many here brings more strength to our own hopes.

I'm feeling comfortable with the rubber stamp since it now seems to be the standard. Thanks to all who responded.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Thanks ILS and we certainly do hope to find the coveted "PINK" paper on the 15th. All our paperwork is completed except for some handwritten forms that we will complete once we come together again.

Departing next Friday for Nanning followed by our travels to GUZ. Arriving at Mr. Yang's on the 12th.

Hoping to meet more CFL'ers while in GUZ. Everyone has been great.

I'm feeling comfortable with the rubber stamp since it now seems to be the standard. Thanks to all who responded.

Clayton

I'll be at Mr Yang's on the 15th. Hope to see you that night with your gal and a smile from ear to ear!!!!!

Michael...We can only hope to find that smile! If so, we will find you and dinner is on us.

Uh, YOU will be at Mr. Yang's on the 15th??? And Fang will be....??? :lol: :P

I wish you and her the same ear to ear smile on the 19th!

Clayton

She AND her mom will be there on the 14th. Actually I arrive the 16th. We all leave on the 23rd. If pink, she flys to US a month later.

Thanks for the ear to ear wish. God, I hope so.

I think we have BOTH been obsessed with this thing (atleast I have been) and we are both very tired. You know the feeling? I'm also juggling complete house painting and making everything perfect, sometimes at 5 am before work. I want her to have nice!

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)