China Southern

I booked a one-way flight on China Southern airlines. Has anybody had a bad experience with them? (or good?) The one-way cost me $610.09 from Los Angeles to Guanzhou. A 16 hour non stop flight. I will get there Monday morning at 6:50 am. I hope to make ACH that day.

I have made the China Southern LAX to CAN flight five times now out of seven trips since 2004. I rate them very high.

I have always enjoyed this flight #CZ327/CZ328 which is about 15 hours over and 12.5 hours on the return, due to the tail winds. Most of the time we arrived earlier than scheduled, in the early morning at GZ.

I like being able to fly non-stop to GZ and I also like the fact that you can wander back to the rear galley anytime you want for a drink or some snack food. Last, I like flying on the very safe and comfortable B-777-200 which CS utilizes on this route.

I did prefer it when they shared the Delta Terminal #5, before they relocated (last December) to the much busier Tom Bradley International Terminal which always has multiple international flights arriving at the same time. Moreover, you now have to be bused to the plane from the TBI terminal vs. having the plane right at the gate, as it was previously at T-5.

Enjoy your trip !!!

My experience with China Southern has been OK ... LAX CAN, same as rogerinca.

I do like Air China better though if given the choice and the prices are close.

Same as Jim, I like Air China for many reasons, but one is I collect United air miles with them!! :D

China Southern I flew Domestic in China to Chengdu and was great! They are polite, wonderful food and drink service, put US airlines to shame! :(

So I had a good trip with them, pilots punch it at takeoff was pretty cool! B)

Well it sounds like it should be a good trip. I like the fact that it is non-stop. I was a little worried after I booked the flight because I thought I remembered somebody saying something bad about China Southern but I guess it was another airline.....27 days and 15 hours!!!!!

Good experience flying from Beijing to Zhengzhou and vice versa, but tought to book with from the states. Language difficulty. Needed Chinese travel agent in California do it for me.

I did mine online and didn't have to talk to anybody. It was as easy as any other company.

I only flew this airline domestic in China. Very short flights and uneventful. My friends that have flown CS from LA to China have raved about this airline.

Some U.S. airlines partner with China Southern and they operate the planes that travel. Just like I book with Delta and fly on a Korean Air plane.

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

I tried to book online before both phone calls, but their website was impossible to navigate.

I would certainly opt to try again online when needed. Their service was good (male passengers on plane were pretty rude though!)

Michael, I booked the flight through Dragon Travel website. It was very easy.

Concerning the rude male passengers on the plane. That can be taken care of with a statigically place foot in the isle when they are walking by :lol: :)

I tried to book online before both phone calls, but their website was impossible to navigate.

I would certainly opt to try again online when needed. Their service was good (male passengers on plane were pretty rude though!)

Michael, I booked the flight through Dragon Travel website. It was very easy.

Concerning the rude male passengers on the plane. That can be taken care of with a statigically place foot in the isle when they are walking by :lol: :P

That's so funny. : ) When I needed to use the restroom in flight, the 2 men that I had to cross over refused to let me into the aisle! It almost became comical! I started to smile and thought, "no problem guys, I'll go right here on your laps". : ) I guess they could see on my face that I was tired and ready to pop somebody, and they eventually let me out.